Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude that is a really good point! Haha
Your registration and proof of insurance in your glove box may contain your address. More valuable than anything in your vehicle is your address coupled with your garage door opener.
Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your registration and proof of insurance in your glove box may contain your address. More valuable than anything in your vehicle is your address coupled with your garage door opener.
Yeah but that has a lock for sure.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um, please tell me the garage door opener won’t work in a parked Bronco with no roof . . .
The garage door opener on all Fords is connected to battery power anyway. I personally think it should be key
Dude that is a really good point! Haha
Almost all built in garage door openers are constant power, regardless of manufacturer. I've always felt that this should be key power.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I loved the keypad feature in my 1996 Explored. I don't understand why you guys link it is a good idea to leave your fob locked in your New bronco. You do realize that having the fob close to the Bronco allows you to step on the brake and push the ignition button and drive away?
Hide it all you want, hell put it in a lock box. The jerk that just broke the window or compromised your soft top to get in doesn't have to look for it. They will just push the button and drive away.
I you buy the mid package it will come with intelligent access. you cannot lock these fobs in the vehicle.
Not much use for these keypads any more.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah but that has a lock for sure.
I don't really lock my glovebox... I should though. My Mustang has a visor mounted garage door opener. It does not have the "program into your car" button. I don't thing the Base Bronco has it either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I loved the keypad feature in my 1996 Explored. I don't understand why you guys link it is a good idea to leave your fob locked in your New bronco. You do realize that having the fob close to the Bronco allows you to step on the brake and push the ignition button and drive away?
Hide it all you want, hell put it in a lock box. The jerk that just broke the window or compromised your soft top to get in doesn't have to look for it. They will just push the button and drive away.
I you buy the mid package it will come with intelligent access. you cannot lock these fobs in the vehicle.
Not much use for these keypads any more.
CHEAP ALTERNATIVES:
The other thing you can do it use FordPass to locate the vehicle or even just hide a "Tile" there:
https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/store/tiles/mate

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Keypad: Are we not getting a key fob (It has been multiple decades since I did not have a key fob in a vehicle)? How do we start the vehicle? Is anyone going to keep their keys in the truck and use the keypad to get back in? Actually could be pretty useful for hiking/biking/canoeing etc. [Maybe a kill switch could be installed for added security].

Yes. I do this every day- at the gym or when I am doing something outside. I do not wish to have a heavy set of keys with me during activities.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hide it all you want, hell put it in a lockbox. The jerk that just broke the window or compromised your soft top to get in doesn't have to look for it. They will just push the button and drive away.
Not much use for these keypads anymore.
ADmittedly, I don't have a FOB- just keys, so I see your point. I guess I will need to investigate this. I will ask around at my local dealerships when I give them an opportunity to earn my business.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. I do this every day- at the gym or when I am doing something outside. I do not wish to have a heavy set of keys with me during activities.
Do you have the keyless push button start?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope they fix the obvious errors that are on B&P. Example: Rock rails are standard equipment on BD and BL.....but B&P has it as an option for $595.00 All their literature/web page still shows it as standard equipment.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a SAVE button on the build n price? How do you save your configuration?
I've noticed that if I return to B&P via a saved link, it bring up my specific build. (You'll see a lot of extra letters and numbers in the URL, which seem to be all of the various options.) In other words, I think you can bookmark a build just like you can any website.

@Pancho Kornwallace to your question about the tow package, one "plus" for getting it put on at the factory is it will not interfere with the Bronco's departure angle. An aftermarket one probably will. If you don't care about that sort of thing (i.e. you won't be doing crazy rock crawling) it's a mute point.

Also, factory warranty is always a plus.
Came here to mention this with the tow package. Based on the photos we've seen of pre-production frames, it's possible there won't be any difference in departure angle. However, I have found plenty of discussion on Ranger sites that departure angle is usually better with factory versus aftermarket. May not be an issue, but it's something to double check before you make a final decision.

That is a great point you bring up. Garage door opener with open roof...let’s hope there is some way to disable it.
In my wife's GLC, the universal garage door opener will not function unless the car is on, so a key is a requirement. I hate that the garage door opener requires the Lux package, but it's definitely something I want. Planning to run topless part of the year, and I don't want to have to lock a garage door opener in the glove box.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just hope they fix the obvious errors that are on B&P. Example: Rock rails are standard equipment on BD and BL.....but B&P has it as an option for $595.00 All their literature/web page still shows it as standard equipment.
Also, I don't really get the two different version of roof racks with different pricing. Are they they actually different or no? Both have rails and bars that go across.

Anybody know about that one?

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong but Based on the picture the keypad looks like one of the cheap stick on ones rather than the built in and direct wired ones. These are basically another fob, at least as far as the car computer is concerned, and is programed in a similar way.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In my wife's GLC, the universal garage door opener will not function unless the car is on, so a key is a requirement. I hate that the garage door opener requires the Lux package, but it's definitely something I want. Planning to run topless part of the year, and I don't want to have to lock a garage door opener in the glove box.
Could you wire the garage door opener to one of the auxiliary switches?
Sponsored