ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, my wife's F-150 sat on the dealers lot long enough it needed a new battery. But every single F-150 they had facing south needed to be jump started for a test drive. AZ is murder on batteries though.
a battery draining is not the same as a car deteriorating. parasitic drain causes a battery to drain and some may fully discharge in a month. with the passive monitoring, clocks, and background programs running batteries drain. a float charger works well for cars which will be laid up for a long time. but until we are talking about years, we should not see deterioration of the vehicle... unless the car was stored outside and needed tire replacement for dry rot, everything but the battery should be good...
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, my wife's F-150 sat on the dealers lot long enough it needed a new battery. But every single F-150 they had facing south needed to be jump started for a test drive. AZ is murder on batteries though.
Hell, a car battery only lasts a summer or two around here even if you park in a garage.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I actually bought one of those VWs for my son's first car. It sat for over a year on a lot. Works just fine.
They really are the deal of the century. My brother got a 2012 two door golf with about 40k miles for $9k. We've taken it on two road trips and averaged well over 40 mpg. Plus, they are very Audi'ish inside. VW was still making a quality interior

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hell, a car battery only lasts a summer or two around here even if you park in a garage.
This man speaks truth. And Ford warranties the battery under the cars bumper-to-bumper warranty. Which means, when you battery dies 1 1/2 years into your new car and Ford replaces it, the battery only has 1 1/2 year warranty and not the warranty the battery comes with if you buy it. Ask me how I know this.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got scolded a couple of weeks ago for mocking lot rot, and disputing that radial tires get flat spots lmao. My 66' bronco was built in 9/65' and it made it to the lot Ohio sometime in 10/65' and wasn't sold until 7/66'. Something tells me they didn't go drive it or move it once a week to prevent anything and it came with 4ply bias tires lol.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You called me?
Ford Bronco Bad batch and lot rot? 9FBE8382-6E61-42FA-9C7F-E40CB299EF4C
Ford Bronco Bad batch and lot rot? 147DBA54-378E-41D5-B1E5-B8D0C25FD502

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This man speaks truth. And Ford warranties the battery under the cars bumper-to-bumper warranty. Which means, when you battery dies 1 1/2 years into your new car and Ford replaces it, the battery only has 1 1/2 year warranty and not the warranty the battery comes with if you buy it. Ask me how I know this.
🤣🤣🤣

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not worried about simple exposure to the elements. My main concern is components going bad because they sit unused and exposed to the elements.
As a NAVY guy we would park our vehicles outside in the "Away" lot for 6 months at a time. Have a married guy (wife drove while we were serving) come to the lot with the group to jump-start anybody that needed it. We would then floor it to the local bar and end up in jail, but the cars were just fine.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
a battery draining is not the same as a car deteriorating. parasitic drain causes a battery to drain and some may fully discharge in a month. with the passive monitoring, clocks, and background programs running batteries drain. a float charger works well for cars which will be laid up for a long time. but until we are talking about years, we should not see deterioration of the vehicle... unless the car was stored outside and needed tire replacement for dry rot, everything but the battery should be good...
No but the stuck transmission valves certainly were.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lot rot is what you get when you mingle with lot lizards.
Ford Bronco Bad batch and lot rot? 20cab0ef9787b9e79a5ae42e156399ab

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Peoria Ford just replaced the battery in my Ranger back in April, it was only 20 months old and had a dead cell. Truck is always garaged and I keep a battery maintainer on it if I'm not driving it for a couple days. My Tacoma was the same, the heat here is brutal on batteries.

When this one dies I'll replace it with an Interstate battery from Costco. They have a 100% replacement within the 3 years and don't pro rate them or test them.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How long would it take for a stagnant vehicle exposed to the elements to begin showing signs of deterioration?

It’s starting to be a genuine concern that the bad batchers may sit too long. Would Ford scrap ones that just couldn’t be shipped soon enough?

Shipping the hard tops with a soft top (or bad hard top) and an IOU for a good one would prevent this. As would offering to cover the cost of painting it after delivery (which seems like something many would love).
What Im concerned about is if it is indead a bad top has there been rain water leaking in and rotting in the upholstry.
Sponsored