Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could stop at another dealer and ask their opinion.
This falls under fit and finish. My dealer said that you have 6 months to show things that are not right and they can be fixed. You will not catch everything when you buy it.
I think this is per dealer and what they consider defect vs usage. Someone called out try taking it to another dealer for service. Some dealers will also fight Ford harder regarding claims or warranty.

I would say it is abnormal for you and the dealer to miss damage that significant on the edge of the seat facing the door and highly visible. Hope you get it worked out. Also ping a detailer, they have slick ways to fix things including leather.
Sponsored

haaz

Outer Banks
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I couldn't help but notice an official Ford account replied to the initial post within 2 hours, seemingly expressing a willingness to assist.

Is there a reason you have chosen not to acknowledge or accept the assistance?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont usually comment on this stuff, but this type of thing pops up on these forums all the time and there seems to be a misconception on who is denying warranty claims. The idea that that stuff is up to the dealer is wrong. It is Ford that either approves or denies warranty claims and then Ford pays the dealer to do the repair if they send the pictures and its approved. Unless you have found a dealerships service department that for some reason doesnt enjoy making money i guess? A Ford dealer is no more related to warranty claims than Best Buy is to a warranty issue on a Samsung tv.
Actually youā€™re wrong. Warranty coverage is determined by the dealer. The dealer can decided to deny or approve the repair. If a repair is approved and then completed, Ford may then choose to accept the claim and pay the dealer or bounce the claim, which would result in a charge back to the dealership.

No pictures are sent to ford whatsoever, unless the specific repair needs prior approval, which most repairs do not.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer here in Seattle - has been amazing on warranty items - cracked airbag cover on steering wheel - replaced in 2 days, broken soft top bracket - did not even bring it in - I called them with the part number and they ordered it for me - free and helped me with a few other items as well - way different experience for sure.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far, my Bronco has been flawless. However, I have tried to maintain a personal contact with the sales associate, sales manager, and general manager at the selling dealership, just in case I need a favor. I recently sent them an email with photos of a recent off-road trip. Maybe it will help in the future when I need something from them, maybe notā€¦.

The OP seems to have a lot of attitude (I donā€™t mean for this to be a personal attack, just an observation). In my opinion, this is NOT the way to approach a dealerships service manager, especially when you want them to make a judgement call on an issue that was apparently missed or didnā€™t exist upon delivery.

Also, for those of you waiting to take delivery of your Broncos: I made it clear (VERY CLEAR) that I did not want anyone to touch/prep/wash/modify/drill/mount/or add shit to the vehicle when it arrived at the dealership. I was ready to write a formal letter to the GM requesting this. When it finally arrived, I received it with the dirt mountain mud all over the drivers side floor mat (rubber floor option). For me, the best way to catch flaws is to do a thorough washing/cleaning of the vehicle.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
its not glue or anything, its just a bad piece of leather unfortunately, I am just disappointed after waiting over 2 years, of course shit happens but then it should be fixed without discussion.
Sorry you have this issue. Ford has crapy leather. The leather in my F-150 looked very worn at 10K mile, much worse than my wife's Range Rover with 200K miles. Showed Ford both vehicles, and they still said the wear was normal.

Needless to say I did not get Leather in my Bronco.

Yours looks like a defect

Jwillo2000

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like something in your pocket may have scratched it up when you were getting in and out of it.

JackAndKoke24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is not a defect in the leather. As others have stated, it goes across 2 different pieces of leather. So this is obviously damage caused by someone. Since it is caused by someone, is this considered normal ware and tear? And that could be why warranty claim was denied.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't have the time and patience to deal with two minor issues. But took the time to create an account and post this?

Seems like you have plenty of time bub.

Go back to your luxury vehicle and get out of the off-road vehicle you did not need.
Is "Bub" short for Bubbles?

Sponsored

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My dealer here in Seattle - has been amazing on warranty items - cracked airbag cover on steering wheel - replaced in 2 days, broken soft top bracket - did not even bring it in - I called them with the part number and they ordered it for me - free and helped me with a few other items as well - way different experience for sure.
Which dealer did you go with in Seattle area? I've talked to a couple dealers in the area and communication was quite poor.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which dealer did you go with in Seattle area? I've talked to a couple dealers in the area and communication was quite poor.
Pierre ford on lake city way, they have really been great to me even for little nitpicky shit they have come they for me.

OP
OP

Bad Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is not a defect in the leather. As others have stated, it goes across 2 different pieces of leather. So this is obviously damage caused by someone. Since it is caused by someone, is this considered normal ware and tear? And that could be why warranty claim was denied.
only one piece of leather that's why it isn't a scratch
Sponsored