Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious, do you find the saggy rear windows of the soft top celebrating quality? Honestly, they look like shit. Like top soft top is not stretched tight enough.

Did you look over all the stitching on the soft top to make sure it's perfectly straight?
Not perfect at all. But it’ll work until either an after market top or decent mod top comes out. Or they finally figure out how to make the mic top.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BamaBronc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

**UPDATE** Went to dealership. Their service head and body guy looked at it. They both concluded that this shouldn’t be this way. Ball is now rolling for resolution. Also, the body guy pointed out a couple more issues I hadn’t noticed.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
**UPDATE** Went to dealership. Their service head and body guy looked at it. They both concluded that this shouldn’t be this way. Ball is now rolling for resolution. Also, the body guy pointed out a couple more issues I hadn’t noticed.
Clearly you, the service head, and the body guy are all Jeep trolls. :)

Sheerhere

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr OBX 2.7; Toyota 4Runner V8
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are stickers all over it with the date and time of day the primer was applied. They all say 10/6/2021, so maybe the wed. morning shift was having a good day.

I'm a picky person and the first time I looked at my top, I couldn't find a flaw on it. I also saw a MIC 1.0 at the dealer, and yes it had some issue's, but my first thought was "wow everything has been grossly exaggerated". I'm positive Ford will make it right for those with bad tops, but in the meantime I really didn't think it was that bad. My only gripe with the 2.0 is yes some of the edges are sharper than others, but that's the design of the top IMO not a quality/build issue.
Haven't read all the way through this thread, but quick question, what do you mean by "some of the edges are sharper than others"?

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y'all may be on to something with the "Primer Applied On" sticker. I'm a non-DM 9/27 build with a primer sticker and some issues. I went out to grab a pic of the sticker for the date and found something a little more concerning. The mounting lip in the passenger side rear corner is completely split through from the rear most bolt to the very back corner. The delaminating I was going to treat as a wait and see, but this is going to have to be addressed through the dealer.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211028_175717
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211028_175815

jdnbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I doubt if the engineers dreamed that a primer or additional coat or coats of any product would be applied on the top to create a finished product. This correcting coat cannot be good for long term durability. Similar to a body shop painting a car after an accident. The non original area will usually wear sooner.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Y'all may be on to something with the "Primer Applied On" sticker. I'm a non-DM 9/27 build with a primer sticker and some issues. I went out to grab a pic of the sticker for the date and found something a little more concerning. The mounting lip in the passenger side rear corner is completely split through from the rear most bolt to the very back corner. The delaminating I was going to treat as a wait and see, but this is going to have to be addressed through the dealer.
That's completely cosmetic.... don't complain.... or Ford might stop all Bronco production.

And for the sake of all that is holy, stop waxing these things...

;)

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's completely cosmetic.... don't complain.... or Ford might stop all Bronco production.

And for the sake of all that is holy, stop waxing these things...

;)
Now that it's been painted, don't you have to wax it? 😉
I'm actually glad I went looking for that sticker or I may not have seen this until I went to take the top off in late spring. I sent it to my dealer so they can put it in with the rest of the issues with the top. Everything else I have been content to wait and see.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm almost certain that only select panels were replaced OR a coating was applied to get broncos off DM. There is a clear difference in color on mine. This is not the lighting and a bang on representation of how it looks to the eye. Also I got honeycomb/snakeskin right from the dealer.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211028_193633
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211028_193639

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did any of you guys see the SEMA Fire Truck video?! watch from around 2:20-2:40 multiple shots of the MIC cut in half. Literally looks like heavy corrugated cardboard.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm almost certain that only select panels were replaced OR a coating was applied to get broncos off DM. There is a clear difference in color on mine. This is not the lighting and a bang on representation of how it looks to the eye. Also I got honeycomb/snakeskin right from the dealer.
Same place I'm getting snakeskin.
Sponsored