Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like you said, "To each their own".

I'm not going to go over my Bronco with a fricking magnifying glass when it arrives. A rectal exam I'm not going to give it.
And you’re perfectly fine to do that. I’ll enjoy my soft top and not have to look at edges that look like they were cut with a butter knife.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I still contend that most of the problems with this top stem from the price point. Ford is attempting to deliver a hard top for almost $1,000 cheaper than Jeep. You can only squeeze a supplier so much.
I think you may have hit the nail on the head Zachary. It falls in the category "You get what you pay for".

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My experience as well as a Gladiator owner. Two years and not a single issue with leaks or appearance and super easy to remove. Yet Ford fanboys are willing to pay $50k+ for a disaster of a top.
Why would anyone accept this? I get it- it’s been a very long wait (roll out is yet another Ford disaster coupled with a potential 2.7 disaster brewing) and they want their Broncos- shit and all. But to try and bury it under the rug is just crap. I’m really amazed at what some customers are willing to take simply because it has “Ford” on it.
If I went and looked, would all of your posts be trolling?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I went and looked, would all of your posts be trolling?
Feel free- but no. Just because I have a different opinion on quality doesn’t constitute trolling.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there's one positive thing that could come from this, it's that my Grangtober soft top may come sooner than 2024.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, the thing is a 4x4 truck that retails for the price of a Camry. Do you really go looking between the seams of the body on other cars? Ever looked really close at a sedan's rain gutters? Lol.

My '95 YJ Wrangler was seriously rough around the edges too, I didn't give a shit. It was a fricking Jeep.
If I compare to what I’ve owned- several Tacoma’s, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner and now a Gladiator, I’ve had nothing that resembles the issues on this top. Like I’ve said- if it’s not an issue to folks on here- enjoy your top! But a few have already involved their dealers and filing warranty claims so others aren’t happy with it either. My top on the gladiator has zero issues- cosmetic, noise or leaks. It can be done and on a $58k vehicle in my eyes- should be done right.
I don’t fault anyone, particularly those who have waited so long, who want it and don’t care. Everyone has their own perspective on it.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did Ford offer to the user they said to send them a private message?

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Some people are kind of panicking and I keep trying to explain that this isn't the end of times. I think Ford has a lot of potential solutions that don't involve a stoppage again. I have not seen any delamination anywhere near as bad as it was with the "MIC 1.0" tops in any of these photos, though a few do look worrisome. My own issue is cosmetic at this point and more of an FYI of what to keep an eye on for people getting their new Broncos.

I think its safe to say that Ford is reusing the rear shell from the Mic 1.0 line, as we've seen examples of "MIC 2.0" tops with "MIC 1.0" stickers.
My Mic 2.0 rear clamshell has an October 6 clear coat applied sticker on it, so mine is completely new no 1.0 parts remaining. I think overall it is a FANTASTIC TOP even with some of the edges not completely rolled. I am really impressed by the way this thing looks, and it's pretty durable too. I dragged a few tree branches the other day that failed to put the smallest scratch in it.

I'm starting to think this forum has a bunch of Jeep fanboys wanting to either justify their purchase or somehow detract from all the good Ford has going with the new Bronco.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? An edge between two panels that everyone' s pics so far has required sticking the camera 5 inches away and in the right lighting and angle to see?

LOL.
I've seen what freezing water does to pipes, pavement, concrete, wood... hell, the pot holes at the end of my street are big enough for me to justify an SUV. I can't drive my car there.

You seem to know a lot about the manufacture of parts such as these tops, and techniques that can be used to make them water-tolerant. How would such a design mitigate damage from repetitive freeze-thaw cycles?

Water gets in a crack and gets trapped.
Water freezes and expands, pushing apart the surrounding material with a pressure strong enough to split granite, burst copper or crack steel.
Cracks and fissures in surrounding material expand, making it easier for more water to get in.
Water thaws and contracts.

Freeze-thaw cycle repeats daily during early winter and early spring, and also when the top is heated during driving on deep-freeze days. All this leads to the gradual compromise of the integrity of the internal structure near the edges.

I am severely interested in hearing how my assessment is wrong. I have a MIC 2.0 being built (hopefully) in late-November. I need the hard-top because the roof rails are important for skis and stuff, and can't be used without the hard-top. I would be happy sealing the top edges with epoxy, nail polish, flex seal, whatever if that can work and does not cause some other problem e.g. due to gas expansion during the summer.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Mic 2.0 rear clamshell has an October 6 clear coat applied sticker on it, so mine is completely new no 1.0 parts remaining. I think overall it is a FANTASTIC TOP even with some of the edges not completely rolled. I am really impressed by the way this thing looks, and it's pretty durable too. I dragged a few tree branches the other day that failed to put the smallest scratch in it.

I'm starting to think this forum has a bunch of Jeep fanboys wanting to either justify their purchase or somehow detract from all the good Ford has going with the new Bronco.
Just curious, how do you know that it has no 1.0 parts on it?

Have you seen both side by side?

Honestly, I would be surprised (but not in disbelief) if there were ZERO MIC 1.0 parts (to include all brackets and parts) if you had a Dirt Mountain Bronco.

If it was never on Dirt Mountain, then sure, maybe you have all new "MIC 2.0" parts.

Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just curious, how do you know that it has no 1.0 parts on it?

Have you seen both side by side?

Honestly, I would be surprised (but not in disbelief) if there were ZERO MIC 1.0 parts (to include all brackets and parts) if you had a Dirt Mountain Bronco.

If it was never on Dirt Mountain, then sure, maybe you have all new "MIC 2.0" parts.
There are stickers all over it with the date and time of day the primer was applied. They all say 10/6/2021, so maybe the wed. morning shift was having a good day.

I'm a picky person and the first time I looked at my top, I couldn't find a flaw on it. I also saw a MIC 1.0 at the dealer, and yes it had some issue's, but my first thought was "wow everything has been grossly exaggerated". I'm positive Ford will make it right for those with bad tops, but in the meantime I really didn't think it was that bad. My only gripe with the 2.0 is yes some of the edges are sharper than others, but that's the design of the top IMO not a quality/build issue.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny- I own a Jeep and have ordered a bronco. I’m far from a fanboy of anything. But I do get a chuckle when the Ford and Jeep fanboys get all butt hurt when you point something out.

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please let's make Ford offer the soft top to the 2 Door!!!!
Was just getting ready to go ahead with my 2nd early reservation on the 2 door wildtrack but now I'm just not convinced. Maybe some price protection for a 23 if they can figure this out....

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reporting on my MIC top Day 1 - No major open seams on the exterior. The notorious seams on the rear vertical corners of the clamshell dont look open...but look...covered up with something, like paint or a thin layer of material, its hard to describe. The seams along the front and mid panels seem fine. The other notorious spots, such as the inner seams along the bottom of the rear quarter windows - one side is mediocre (open, but no jagged fiber hairs sticking out); and the other side is pretty bad with the hairs sticking out like the cover photo of this thread and same as a demo 1.0 I saw. But at least it's on the inside and I have a 4 door so who’s gonna notice in the trunk. Although when i removed the front two panels I noticed a honeycomb pattern the size of a small notepad, but it cant be seen unless you remove the panel or climb up top.

I give it a 75% score. My gut says it's a 1.0 clamshell that's been doctored up on the outside, with 2.0 panels (which they probably waived in as long as there was no honeycombing that could be seen on the sides). Because that pretty much sums up what mine looks like.
Sponsored

Last edited: