Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

20210930_175936.jpg

20210930_175951.jpg

The MAP crew got a little carried away with the adhesive when installing the glass in my new hardtop.
How da'F does that make it through inspection? "Ford - built good enough!" How do I get a job as an quality inspector? My wife gets a new door ding and I can't help spotting it from 50' out.
Sponsored

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Need me to take care of ya? Levine and I aren't exactly close....

Also, as a fellow Phoenician, maybe you should just consider not parking it in the sun.

Ever.

Even in the summer.

Never ever. sun is bad for them, just like water is bad for them. and wind is bad for them, too....
haha! My bronco which is on a train headed to Phoenix is going to be street parked year round. Can’t wait to see what happens to this top when it’s 115*

On a side note, I took part in the Ford event out by WeKoPa. The top on the outerbanks I drove looked awful. I asked the rep if it was the old top and he it wasn’t. It was one of the 2.0 tops. My wife literally goes ‘yeah that’s going to be an issue. If this is the ‘new’ top how bad was the old top? This thing looks terrible already’

my expectations on this 2.0 MIC top went through the floor at that moment.

but whatever. It’s going to be street parked for it’s life. It’s going to be covered in a thick layer of dust and will be run through a automatic car wash. It’s never going to look perfect. I’ll just keep having the dealer replace the top under warranty until they tell me no more!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. I am down here in Oregon...lots of water and freezing this Winter. I have a 2 door MIC on order. With this issue repeating it self....hell....I doubt I see it anytime in 2022 now.

WHAT I DON'T GET: The Broncos with MIC tops have been in testing for at least 3 years (probably longer). IS FORD REALLY GOING TO SAY THAT THIS ISSUE HAS NOT POPPED UP DURING R&D AND TESTING FOR MONTHS IF NOT YEARS???????????????????????????????????????????????
I'm pretty sure the MIC tops were one of prototypes made by Webasto's european engineers. I don't think they tested using the mass production tops "made in the USA".

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, when the MIC top Ver. 2 or 3 or whatever is fielded for a few years and begin to disintegrate then I'll agree the MIC top is crap. But until then there is no information or data that says it is other than minor cosmetic issues.
Agreed that there aren’t enough data points yet. But it’s certainly not looking promising considering there aren’t that many mic tops out there yet.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure it matters in the numbers. Ford quality checks out the door is missing these. A few here a few there...it's NOT acceptable. It just isn't. Someone will end up with these inferior tops...it could be you, me or him and her. If I got one after paying $50K for a new vehicle...I would be livid!!!! This needs to get fixed once and for all. I have waited 16 months now....I see no real hope of getting a Bronco now in 2022. Unless something changes.....the bubble burst a long time ago. I was so excited. Not so much anymore.
I'm still super excited which is a hard thing to sustain while being on this forum as frequently as I am with all the Debbie Downer news people post every minute of the day. I think I am about as excited as I have ever been as I feel like I am within spitting distance of getting a build date in the next 60 days. The roof, that will be fixed eventually and we can warranty it. I have seen several of these roofs in person and I had a hard top JK for years, to be honest they aren't far off. I understand about the complaints because my build is up there in the 60K range, but I also know I would rather deal with the warranty end of things than wait another six months and I am not abandoning the Bronco, it checks all the boxes for me and I don't care for anything else.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still super excited which is a hard thing to sustain while being on this forum as frequently as I am with all the Debbie Downer news people post every minute of the day. I think I am about as excited as I have ever been as I feel like I am within spitting distance of getting a build date in the next 60 days. The roof, that will be fixed eventually and we can warranty it. I have seen several of these roofs in person and I had a hard top JK for years, to be honest they aren't far off. I understand about the complaints because my build is up there in the 60K range, but I also know I would rather deal with the warranty end of things than wait another six months and I am not abandoning the Bronco, it checks all the boxes for me and I don't care for anything else.
Stay excited. This thing is amazing. My wife has her own crazy expensive Audi with fancy airbag suspension, double pane windows and every bell and whistle you can imagine to make it as smooth, quiet and luxurious as possible..

She's out getting us breakfast in the Bronco. She would quite literally rather drive it than her brand new luxury SUV. That speaks volumes in my world. My wife wasn't a super big fan of the Bronco originally.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm past blaming Webasto. This stuff is getting by Ford QC, after they should already be hyper-sensitive about this exact issue.
Probably not getting by QC, those people are generally ridiculously anal. It’s probably a high level (SVP, EVP or C level) management decision to let them go to continue shipping units.

Another possibilty is the issues are occuring after shipment. The OP did mention his looked good initially.

Last edited:

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Admin, can we get a Poll or something started to allow folks to weigh in on the status of their MIC tops? This may help us understand how widespread the issue is and may even pinpoint a specific Lot or timeframe that is suspect.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How da'F does that make it through inspection? "Ford - built good enough!" How do I get a job as an quality inspector? My wife gets a new door ding and I can't help spotting it from 50' out.
Are you looking for dings on 500+ vehicles a day, crap happens and this is not a major issue.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when you’ve been able to study, cheat and copy off the wrangler for 25 years and 3 generations and you still can’t get the top right.
Still can't get it right 2 attempts later mind you. The Ford purists on this forum are comical though, making excuse after excuse as to why Ford/Webasto can't get it right. People just need to call things out for what they are and stop playing to their base.

We have a thread that's less then 24 hours old, with 7/8 people showing legit evidence of MIC 2.0 issues, within a period of less then a month of ownership, on a forum that realistically probably makes up <1% of total Bronco ownership, and we're not even in the winter months yet. Lets call it for what it is...an issue.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Admin, can we get a Poll or something started to allow folks to weigh in on the status of their MIC tops? This may help us understand how widespread the issue is and may even pinpoint a specific Lot or timeframe that is suspect.
Good idea. A second thread may be better for organization but I'm all for a mod adding it here if they think it's better.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635352702976

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635352702976

The MAP crew got a little carried away with the adhesive when installing the glass in my new hardtop.
That’s the sighn of worker that doesn’t give a fuck so sad no one takes pride in there work anymore
Sponsored