First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My plans in my head are one thing, reality is another. let me start by saying this thing will be a weekend "Mall Crawler". My build is as the following: 4 door, Badlands, 2.7L, and non Sasquatch. My plans are to do a 4 In lift, wheels, and 37s. With that being said, am I good with the 4.46 gearing coming with this package, or is it going to make that big of a difference between it and the 4.7 gearing.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine wont be a mall crawler. But may be similar unless ford performance can fix up the BD right. Mine will be a 2.3 MT, probably with a 2 or 4 inch lift and 36" super swampers. I am definitely going for the 4.7 gearing because why not? Mechanical advantage is what life is all about.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4.7 gears will be better for the bigger tires.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may end up lifting mine one day, when I get to the point I’m limited by my stock build, so whether I have the order I have now (which includes 4.7), or a build with the auto transmission that defaulted to 4.46, I‘d prefer 4.7 for larger tires.

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our plan is to travel with light off roading to see America. We have family in New Mexico and plenty off road there and where we live here in Tennessee . We love this thing and are being patient for ours, Badlands 2door mic 2.7 tow lux mgv interior optional wheel upgrade.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheJohnyBlue

TheJohnyBlue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obviously 4.7 will handle the 37s better, but my thoughts are with the 2.7L V6 and 4.46 it should handle it just fine.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a mall crawler, why not start with a lower trim that doesn't have all the heavy off-road bash plates, like the Outer Banks? With Sasquatch added, going from 35" to 37" shouldn't be that bad. If you don't need access to the higher option packages, maybe even Big Bend Sasquatch could work.

OP
OP
TheJohnyBlue

TheJohnyBlue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For a mall crawler, why not start with a lower trim that doesn't have all the heavy off-road bash plates, like the Outer Banks? With Sasquatch added, going from 35" to 37" shouldn't be that bad. If you don't need access to the higher option packages, maybe even Big Bend Sasquatch could work.
I wnated the LUX package(i like my sound systems and extras), Outerbanks was an option, really wanted the roast interior but hated the blue accent and blue stitch and couldnt get past it. Also, was not a fan of the navy pier as well.

antiblue2022

Base
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 pontiac torrent
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wnated the LUX package(i like my sound systems and extras), Outerbanks was an option, really wanted the roast interior but hated the blue accent and blue stitch and couldnt get past it. Also, was not a fan of the navy pier as well.
I'm not gonna lie I kind of like that blue accent but my order is antimatter blue exterior anyhow

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early feedback of the lux sound system are not great. Removing the B pillar gave better open air experience, but that’s where Jeep put the overhead speakers.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's a mall-crawler, the higher gears will be fine. I think your build is lame, a Badlands that isn't used specifically for off road, with a 4" lift and 37" tires...but that's just my opinion. Would have been better to buy a Base and had an aftermarket stereo put in; sound better and save money. You won't be able to lift it 4" without a bunch of parts (money), which would be the same if it was a Base, Badlands or FE. What a waste of capability. But you got the Badlands decal on the fender, so you have that going for you.

Based on your use, you could run 4.10/4.11 gearing and be fine.

OP
OP
TheJohnyBlue

TheJohnyBlue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it's a mall-crawler, the higher gears will be fine. I think your build is lame, a Badlands that isn't used specifically for off road, with a 4" lift and 37" tires...but that's just my opinion. Would have been better to buy a Base and had an aftermarket stereo put in; sound better and save money. You won't be able to lift it 4" without a bunch of parts (money), which would be the same if it was a Base, Badlands or FE. What a waste of capability. But you got the Badlands decal on the fender, so you have that going for you.

Based on your use, you could run 4.10/4.11 gearing and be fine.
My experiance with aftermarket isnt great when it comes to the audio sector. Aftermarket things just dont actually work well with all the technology they put in them factory. As for the "lame" comment, thats fine im glad you have your opinion. Its great to live in a country where we are able to voice those. Do I agree with it, not a bit. Not worried about the saving of money going to a Base if I don't like the interior and will want to sell it within 4-6 months like I have every jeep Ive ever owned. I am buying the Badlands because for what I want in a chassis, and like every vehicle ive owned, ill do what I WANT WITH IT.

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of these half ton trucks you see lifted are running around with 35 to 37 inch tires with 3.08 to 3.55 gears..With the 2.7 and the power it makes the 4.47 will work fine...

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll likely throw on a set of 34” tires on the stock rims after a year. I’ve wheeled the 33” and they’re workable. I don’t want the Goodyear M/T tires. If I want wider tires, I’ll get the Ranger Raptor wheels to put on.

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll likely throw on a set of 34” tires on the stock rims after a year. I’ve wheeled the 33” and they’re workable. I don’t want the Goodyear M/T tires. If I want wider tires, I’ll get the Ranger Raptor wheels to put on.
I’m putting 305/70r17 on my factory BL rims with a 1 inch leveling kit..They are equivalent to a 34x12.00..I’ve seen on here where they’ve put 35 without the level kit..I’m not going to push my luck so that’s why I went 305 and not 315...Also my BL has the 4.47 gears as well..
Sponsored