Sponsored

Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different.

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there has been some speculation as to why the Sasquatch Package is listed as having a .4 inch difference in height vs a Non Squatched Badlands (when adjusted for tire height) so figured I'd share this here. First pic is from @BigMeatsBronco post showing his first edition (Sasquatch) front shock length, second picture is the measurement I took off of my non sasquatch Badlands.

Edit: guess below is disproven since my bumpstop lengths are identical to those shown by, and added the picture with the difference in shocks circled (look at how the resivoirs are mounted) @BigMeatsBronco

Best guess I can come up with for height difference is that the rear end of the Sasquatch packaged Broncos is riding on the longer bumpstops it comes with. Perhaps that is why some are complaining about having a stiff rear end.

Ford Bronco Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different. Screenshot_20220421-134703_Samsung Internet

Ford Bronco Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different. 20220421_134855

Screenshot_20220424-081341_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So maybe I just need to add the spring from a Sasquatch model to my Badlands to lift the front? I think there is 11 different part numbers for springs.
Does anyone know the spring part number for the front coilovers on a 4 door 2.7L Sasquatch Badlands?

OP
OP

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So maybe I just need to add the spring from a Sasquatch model to my Badlands to lift the front? I think there is 11 different part numbers for springs.
Does anyone know the spring part number for the front coilovers on a 4 door 2.7L Sasquatch Badlands?
In your situation, you might want to consider buying the RPG perch spacer and just using the shorter spacer on the front and leaving the rear as is. Could save you a good amount of effort in experimenting while providing a known outcome.

Personally I think some of the arguments against the perch spacer have been overblown, but I'll add my .02 on that once I finish installing mine.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for doing this! So shaving the bump stops or ordering the same bump stop then could make the Badlands and SAS identical in wheel travel?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good stuff. I've thought about finding some sasquatch fronts but beginning to think that's overkill. A different spring or 1/4" shim under or over the spring should make a BL front ride the same height as sasquatch with no change in down travel.

Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best guess I can come up with for height difference is that the rear end of the Sasquatch packaged Broncos is riding on the longer bumpstops it comes with. Perhaps that is why some are complaining about having a stiff rear end.
This could probably be confirmed if someone was will to put their stock coilover back on without the boot covering the bump stop. Kinda sucks if that's the case. You think Ford would have caught that.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This leads me to believe that the bump stops are the ONLY thing different in the ramp index test that Ford provided? So any SAS with smaller bumps should be able to ramp a 700+ like a Badlands w/o SAS. Kinda funny to me.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This could probably be confirmed if someone was will to put their stock coilover back on without the boot covering the bump stop. Kinda sucks if that's the case. You think Ford would have caught that.
Uh that would be me, well sorta...I Chopped the bump stomps down by ALOT and it rides like a Cadillac now!

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh that would be me, well sorta...I Chopped the bump stomps down by ALOT and it rides like a Cadillac now!
I guess you could measure the resting position against your original bumpstop length. 🤷‍♂️

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know there has been some speculation as to why the Sasquatch Package is listed as having a .4 inch difference in height vs a Non Squatched Badlands (when adjusted for tire height) so figured I'd share this here. First pic is from @BigMeatsBronco post showing his first edition (Sasquatch) front shock length, second picture is the measurement I took off of my non sasquatch Badlands.

Screenshot_20220421-134703_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220421_134855.jpg
Any chance you want to take apart the shock and measure the bumpstop itself?

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This leads me to believe that the bump stops are the ONLY thing different in the ramp index test that Ford provided? So any SAS with smaller bumps should be able to ramp a 700+ like a Badlands w/o SAS. Kinda funny to me.
If the sas had 33’s and the disco sway bar yes, the extra tire height plays into the equation and the sway bar disconnect. That’s the entire reason for the bigger bump stops. To limit travel so the tire doesn’t rub in extreme situations.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess you could measure the resting position against your original bumpstop length. 🤷‍♂️
My theory, as stated in other threads, is that the manufacturer bilstein or ford decided it was a good idea to have the bumps start about 3/8 " away from touching at ride height....very dumb, but many manufacturers do this to save suspension components and frames from idiots like the guy who jumped his raptor on you-tube and bent the frame.

So when you hit a bump bigger than 1/2 inch your ass and back feels it...because it's hitting the bump stop immediately during what should be controlled up-travel.

These shocks need LESS bump stop (not more) because of the fancy valving inside and extra spring inside, the valving is special in that it changes as the shock is compressed making it stiffer towards the ends of the stroke. Alot of folks seem to forget this part.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If the sas had 33’s yes, the extra tire height plays into the equation. That’s the entire reason for the bigger bump stops. To limit travel so the tire doesn’t rub in extreme situations.
That's what the Sawzall is for 😁

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what I said from the start, longer bumps to keep the 35s off the fenders. It would only make sense to use the same shock and just change the bump between the 2 models. But what did I know back then, it was quickly dismissed. That is why when you made your thread I could not keep my eyes off of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored