Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

im running a rag 2.25 perch collar in the front with stock 315 tires and when I found the limits in the desert, my tires compressed all the ay into the fenders so hard that it dented them.

I feel there is a need for a top hat spacer if you plan on fully stuffing any size tire, even stock. can't imagine how much damage would beef I was running 37s.
Is the pic in your avatar where you found your limits? You should probably add bigger bump stops for your shenanigans...I already said in the beginning I'm NOT jumping my bronco, I'm crawling over obstacles and want maximum suspension travel.

In your case with the 2.25 taller collar, don't you think you would have dented the fenders 2.25" more if you didn't have the additional lift? And if that's the case then Fords bumps allow over 2.25" more travel when jumping like you do??? The statement makes no sense to me.

Pictures nof your damaged fenders would be helpful if you have them.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

……. I never said this has never been done before. I said it’s a bad idea for a daily driver, which is 99.99999999% of this forum’s membership.
Again it's common in the world of offroaders. Mall crawlers need not apply.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Again it's common in the world of offroaders. Mall crawlers need not apply.

It is also common in the world of lowered cars. Cut a coil off to lower the car and you best shave the bump otherwise you will "hit" the bump on every crack in the road. Been there done that.

Keep up the good work BMB. 😁

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the pic in your avatar where you found your limits? You should probably add bigger bump stops for your shenanigans...I already said in the beginning I'm NOT jumping my bronco, I'm crawling over obstacles and want maximum suspension travel.

In your case with the 2.25 taller collar, don't you think you would have dented the fenders 2.25" more if you didn't have the additional lift? And if that's the case then Fords bumps allow over 2.25" more travel when jumping like you do??? The statement makes no sense to me.

Pictures nof your damaged fenders would be helpful if you have them.

the collars achieve lift by adding preload, not increasing the overall length of the shock like a top hat spacer. With a perch collar like rpg the compressed length is identical to stock, regardless of the taller ride height. Therefor when u stuff the tires, you have tire contact on the edge of the flare.
if I had a 1.25 perch collar and a 1" top hat spacer I would have the same ride height but 1" more clearance at full compression.

the type of driving where I dented the flare was 40-50 mph on a whoop section. I have to log into the forum on my phone to post the pics. stand by...

even if your crawling, you will eventually fully compress the tires all the way upside the wheel well. to make matters worse its not for a brief mili second like it is when your high speed off-roading. You will likely be fully compressed and be Turing or moving forward with the rubber contacting the inner flares, potentially causing more damage. Ihow much damage and how easily it can happen really depends on the driver, the terrain the tires and wheel offset

Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You think a 3in piece of foam that's compressible by hand limits travel in a meaningfull way in a 4500+lb vehicle?
Yes it sure does. It stiffens pretty quick after you compress it. It’s why it’s called a bump stop…

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the collars achieve lift by adding preload, not increasing the overall length of the shock like a top hat spacer. With a perch collar like rpg the compressed length is identical to stock, regardless of the taller ride height. Therefor when u stuff the tires, you have tire contact on the edge of the flare.
if I had a 1.25 perch collar and a 1" top hat spacer I would have the same ride height but 1" more clearance at full compression.

the type of driving where I dented the flare was 40-50 mph on a whoop section. I have to log into the forum on my phone to post the pics. stand by...

even if your crawling, you will eventually fully compress the tires all the way upside the wheel well. to make matters worse its not for a brief mili second like it is when your high speed off-roading. You will likely be fully compressed and be Turing or moving forward with the rubber contacting the inner flares, potentially causing more damage. Ihow much damage and how easily it can happen really depends on the driver, the terrain the tires and wheel offset
Understood, but with my 1.5 " spacers, and shaved bump stops, my 37s don't hit the fenders anywhere, but Im not jumping my bronco...I've tried to get them to under harsh hits and bumps where the whole trucks weight is one one front corner. You must have had a sore back if your 35s BENT the fenders! And I would guess something else was flexing to achieve that much wheel travel...like the frame or A-arms, you probably did more damage to your Bronco than I'll ever do bouncing on rocks with my shaved rubber.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Will be interested to see long term if you have any issues from bottoming out at higher speeds. Probably not, but you are the test case.

What does Fabtech use on the ends of the rear link? Looks like uniball on one end and a rubber grommet on the other? My factory rubber grommets were already cracking, so I'm trying to get rid of all the rubber mounts.
Yep they use a uniball and it has less avaliable angle than the OEM UCA ball joint. I now have 12.5" of wheel travel on OEM arms and coilovers. Added a knuckle from the RC 5" kit, and it gives better tie rod placement and a bit more articulation.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep up the good work. I admit I didn't read the entire thread, what is your ultimate goal on tire size, susp, etc... Looking to see rigs built around 40's, dedicated to mostly pure rock crawling.

Also, think there is room for external (active) bumps at some point (if/when)?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes pretty simple the holes size is a bit of laborious drill work though. 🥴The new hole is 1-3/4” higher vertical and 1/2” back horizontal...this equals 2” of additional ride height exactly.
Happen to have pictures of this and what size bit you used?

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and now that Icon has released a line with 11” of travel with presumably worse angles than OP since there’s no diff drop, proves all the “oem knows best” people on here are full of shit

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did the rears on the stock Hitachis, can confirm the ass bucks less over bumps now..

The bumpstop looks very similar to SAS but different part number MB3C-5K570-EE

Ford Bronco Cut Sasquatch bump stops for 2”+ additional wheel travel and shock length -- pics B3245603-9FCD-482C-960D-841832C6A6B0

Ford Bronco Cut Sasquatch bump stops for 2”+ additional wheel travel and shock length -- pics 51B666F9-1135-44BA-86A0-2F2D5520B60D

Ford Bronco Cut Sasquatch bump stops for 2”+ additional wheel travel and shock length -- pics EC0E9337-D738-4C92-9325-026A7CA6295E

Ford Bronco Cut Sasquatch bump stops for 2”+ additional wheel travel and shock length -- pics 1848F14A-8F93-4F38-B401-C9F49211F8D2

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

did the rears on the stock Hitachis, can confirm the ass bucks less over bumps now..

The bumpstop looks very similar to SAS but different part number MB3C-5K570-EE

Ford Bronco Cut Sasquatch bump stops for 2”+ additional wheel travel and shock length -- pics 1848F14A-8F93-4F38-B401-C9F49211F8D2

Excellent 👍

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent 👍
Did it ride smoother when you shaved the front too, or was most of the difference from when you did the back? I’m debating on the front because the tire already used to contact the back side of the fender liner on compression even with camburg UCAs to increase caster w/ 1” top load and 3/4” preload spacer. I took out the plastic behind the fender liner and now it doesn’t but I don’t want it to come back unless it’s worth it!

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe I have said this before but in case some newbies here have not read all 7 pages, I know how some are on this forum.

If you do this mod, DO NOT try and take whoops at 80 MPH. You will destroy shit. Those bumps control the compression of the shock so as not to damage the shock at high speed compression.

This mod is for those of us not desert running. We are looking for wheel travel at slow speeds.

😁
Sponsored