First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My truck now has 35, and I’d like to put on 37s. Perhaps I will feel the 35s are
more appropriate on Bronco for size and won’t care the same. I don’t know… if I could get it already I’d stop obsessing
Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to search here unsuccessfully, so I ask:

I have a VB 4 door Badlands on order. MIC, lux, tow, squatched.. everything! 7/14 reservation, 1/21 order date, Ford confirmed in 1/25 and I wait like the many for a VIN

If I change to non Sasquatch, what will I give up? Besides extended flares and the wheels and tires? Is there any real suspension difference? I plan to change the wheels and tires anyways. IF nothing much to loose perhaps I’ll get faster delivery or maybe a VIN if I scratch the squatch?
Town and country did an ok overview on the difference between BD squatch vs non from a month ago:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't believe all of the suspension components are the same. I could be confused but I believe an earlier thread covered the details of the 1.4" difference, which is more than tires... (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/)

So if it is more than just tires and gearing, IMHO, go non-SAS if you want a manny or you want to save money. Go squatch if you want maximum height and don't want to add a lift to go to 35s.
Appears to be a .8" difference in tires, so a .6 difference in suspension height...1.4" total. This would mean the SAS Badlands has a .6 lift in suspension height over a non-SAS Badlands. The non-SAS Badlands is slightly lifted over the rest of the non-SAS models. Stats say the non-SAS Badlands has the most suspension travel, but would seem to be not much more then any SAS model. Still, a non-SAS Badlands has slightly different length shocks than any model, or any SAS model.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My truck now has 35, and I’d like to put on 37s. Perhaps I will feel the 35s are
more appropriate on Bronco for size and won’t care the same. I don’t know… if I could get it already I’d stop obsessing
I think we'd all agree that if you eventually want to put 37's on it you'd want the slightly higher suspension lift of the SAS, and especially want to lower 4.7 gearing. I'd bet the 1" spacer lift would handle 37's on an SAS model.

Don't know if anyone has been able to find it, I've looked and searched every, and have yet to find specs on the front axle sizes, both diameter and spline count. I see that there is already a part number in the factory accessory list for upgraded axles for the M210 front end. We'll find out eventually.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kick back, relax and wait for the build you want. No point in compromising just to get it a little earlier, only to regret it later. Just my opinion

Sponsored

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to search here unsuccessfully, so I ask:

I have a VB 4 door Badlands on order. MIC, lux, tow, squatched.. everything! 7/14 reservation, 1/21 order date, Ford confirmed in 1/25 and I wait like the many for a VIN

If I change to non Sasquatch, what will I give up? Besides extended flares and the wheels and tires? Is there any real suspension difference? I plan to change the wheels and tires anyways. IF nothing much to loose perhaps I’ll get faster delivery or maybe a VIN if I scratch the squatch?
This was my exact build other than color, and I had the same dilemma. I have a 7/13 reservation and did not make first month schedule and I attributed it to SAS. Since I planned, like you, to swap out wheels and tires anyway, I eliminated the SAS and immediately got scheduled for a July build. The difference in 4.46 and 4.7 gearing is minimal. There is only 1cm difference in the lift between the two configs.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My figures are 35"/33"=1.060. 4.7/4.46=1.054. Pretty close. The reality is the actual tire sizes are more like 34.4 and 32.8 (by memory, didn't look it up), which would be 1.049 difference in tire size and 1.054 difference in differential ratio. Either way, pretty close in overall ratio.
Thanks dude!

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@goatman Good breakdown, I appreciate it. Just wanted to double-check the bolded quote above. Is it really that much of a linear comparison? I am not a mechanical engineer nor do I play one on TV. Just an education point for me (I'm a BL SAS at present, for context, so I am interested).

🍻

Also, if anyone is interested, here is a link to the best gear ratio calculator out there. You can put in the 10R80 trans for exact ratios, the 3.06 ratio t-case reduction, and the exact metric or other tire sizes, and choose what speed or rpm you want to see results from. Can easily compare tire size or gear ratio differences.

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

Also, all the tire and gear sizes make the same basic final drive ratio. 30" tires with 3.73, 32" with 4.27, 33" with 4.46, and 35" with 4.7.

Last edited:

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow the “similar threads” section below is way more helpful than the search function! Thanks for entertaining the same question that was asked more than many times before so I could see the post I tried to search for.

That answers that. I’ll leave it as is and just wait like the rest of us.

One guys spread sheet appears to state that trail control and turn assist is on squatch and not std BL. I don’t believe that’s the case

The one pedal, and turn assist both require the auto transmission. Only reason I can see for separating those out on a spread sheet. Get ya a badlands with an auto and you'll have every hero switch available.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The one pedal, and turn assist both require the auto transmission. Only reason I can see for separating those out on a spread sheet. Get ya a badlands with an auto and you'll have every hero switch available.
The one pedal also requires the 2.7 V6 from what I saw. The slow speed cruise and turn assist come with the auto trans either engine. I'm assuming the one pedal is why/or part of why the V6 comes with electric brake boost rather than vacuum boost like the 2.3.
Sponsored