Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've been going back and forth lately between Wildtrak and Badlands and would love to hear your feedback on what way you guys would go when I have two builds that are only a few hundred dollars different (around $52,500) and being that I'm new to this Offroad vehicle world (coming from a volt, but the wife has a 4Runner) would love to hear your thoughts

Here are the two builds I'm comparing:

Wildtrak (Cactus Gray or Area 51)
2.7L 10 Speed Auto
High Package
Cloth Seats - Don't love the interior, can't afford to go with leather
Sasquatch looks cool but worried bigger tires will affect gas mileage negatively
Rear Locking Differential
4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Badlands (Cactus Gray or Area 51)
2.3L 10 Speed Auto
High Package
Roof Rack - cause apparently that can't be added to Wildtrak
17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels
Marine Grade Vinly Seats - which I love the look of and durability
Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
Upgraded Bash Plates

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

So for really the same price the main difference I would say is the Engine, the interior, and then the bigger sasquatch tires and lift

What are you guys thinking?? Is the engine difference drastic? Would love advice
Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC top sealed BL for the win - the model where all the trim will match the roof

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current dilemma and compromise with these two trims are:

- WT, Questionable interior, but love the black accents on the exterior to match my eventual painted top

- BL, an interior I could live with (especially to match my CO choice), yet, gray accents on the exterior that I'm not confident would be worth painting black/exchanging.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd wait to see what prices settle in at. If 2.7L is really only 300 more than automatic option, I'd go that route even if going Badlands. I don't see fuel economy being much different between the two. Remember F-150 2.7 is rated 18-23 vs 20-24 on Ranger 2.3L. I expect Bronco to be lower than these, but I do expect both engines to be pretty close in a Bronco

Now Sasquatch I do expect to really hurt fuel economy (but I expect Badlands to get worse fuel economy than others due to 33's and weight), but if you're buying a Bronco, fuel economy should be pretty far down your list of desires as I expect it to be bad in the real world.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you going to do with your new bronco? Full time DD or maybe a little offroading...? If it's just a matter of interior options and wheel/tire combos, pick the one that blows your dress up the most. If you want to be able to take your daily driver and do trails (crawling), the Badlands has better options. If you are going to daily drive with maybe some dunes go Wildtrak. I'm going BL cause I like the offroad features that come standard on that model. If there was zero chance I was going to take it on the trails, I'd probably go WT.

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So these are all great thank you - a little more about what I want to do with it, this would be my DD but I want the ability to do some trails as well as some dunes/beaches/deserts if possible, would that be possible with the Badlands? Because Honestly, I do like the look overall of the badlands with roof rack and interior, I also like that if I did trail my underbody would be protected.

I know mpg isn't a huge factor cause I am getting a bronco but if there's a difference I wanna consider it.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THE WILDTRAKS INTERIOR IS SO BAD. And i don’t want a built up Badlands. I just want the MGV black interior in the WT. Cloth seats in the WT are unacceptable. And i don’t want to wait. I’m having agita and some serious first world problems.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So these are all great thank you - a little more about what I want to do with it, this would be my DD but I want the ability to do some trails as well as some dunes/beaches/deserts if possible, would that be possible with the Badlands? Because Honestly, I do like the look overall of the badlands with roof rack and interior, I also like that if I did trail my underbody would be protected.

I know mpg isn't a huge factor cause I am getting a bronco but if there's a difference I wanna consider it.
If it makes you feel better your Bronco will look like a fuel efficient commuter car compared to your 4Runner.. as far as light trails and any sand dunes or beaches any bronco will be good for those.

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's really just a matter of sway bar disco or not. They want to market them as "the rock crawler" and the "dune scaler" but really, outside a few options, they are the same truck.
So if I don’t care about sway bar disconnect which I don’t even truly understand I’m good with either?

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THE WILDTRAKS INTERIOR IS SO BAD. And i don’t want a built up Badlands. I just want the MGV black interior in the WT. Cloth seats in the WT are unacceptable. And i don’t want to wait. I’m having agita and some serious first world problems.
Yeah once I saw MGV I was like I want!!!

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if I don’t care about sway bar disconnect which I don’t even truly understand I’m good with either?
yep. you can even squatch an OBX and just about have a wild track too, with better interior options. I keep going back and forth between the three but as of now wild track tis out because I'm not a fan of the sandstone interior.
Sponsored