First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea I'm firmly in the Badlands camp due to the interior. I considered the upgrade to leather but then its more expensive than the MGV which would be very functional for me with dogs. I can just get the black accents that I'll want for much less than the $2k premium that the Wildtrak would cost.
Yep, definitely pricing out aftermarket powder coating or painting for the beauty rings, grill, mirror caps, and roof.
Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s why I am likely to pick BL over WT (despite preferring the black beauty rings).
Some love to say, “But the WT has hard top, Sasquatch, and 2.7L standard!” Not so fast. Nothing is “free” as those upgrades are built into the higher base price of the WT.

Take a look below... when you configure the two trucks “like for like” (in this case with Lux, Tow, but no Leather) you only save $275 getting the WT. For this you give up sway bar disconnect (arguably worth a lot more than $275, whether you plan to use it or not). What do you gain? IMHO, the biggest item you gain is “Sport” mode. Depending on how it’s programmed this could be a big deal or it could be nothing at all (impossible to know without a test drive). I think most would agree that black accents are nice (would be nicer if we could get black painted mod top), but that’s personal presence and easily changed later. Honestly, in this configuration it’s a toss-up, and I suspect the orders would split 50/50.... if it weren’t for that awful “digital camo” cloth interior in the WT. I’ve read that a few like it, but most do not. The BL’s MGV is superior in every way (looks nicer, feels nicer, more durable). So much so that it’s swaying most fence sitters to the BL side.

CD1EA8C2-7207-4F26-B501-5CCB03F38FB0.jpeg

Okay, so those of us who are intent to try and make the WT work do the following: in order to solve the “digital camo” issue you have to upgrade to leather. Now the WT carries a $1,920 premium! And here’s the kicker... the BL’s MGV is still arguably the superior interior (ie black MGV vs. black/sandstone “leather” with a brown dash).

8A357FB5-34FA-4B92-8401-E7D090064712.jpeg

As a result, many BL buyers feel that they can get a superior interior and superior off road tech in the BL while saving almost $2k.

IMHO, it comes down to colors. If you LOVE the sandstone leather (and/or the power seats that come with them) and you LOVE the black exterior accents (despite the fact that they look worse with the MIC top and could easily be added to the BL) then sure... pay $2k more for less functionality (ie no sway bar disconnect). But very few people fit into this category. Most would rather take the superior MGV, sway bar disconnect, and pocket the $2k. The only flaw in this logic for a few (not me) is the orange accents in the BL interior. So again, back to picking trim based on interior color. But you gotta really HATE orange and LOVE sandstone to swallow a $2k premium.
This exactly summed up my decision. I originally reserved a WT but only like the leather interior. I also really like the BL MGV and has the swaybar, which i wont use a lot but why not have all the options bronco offers for cheaper than WT with leather).

WT is essentially for people who want MOST Bronco offers with the aesthetic differences

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do we have any idea if Ford will sell the black beauty rings from the parts department so people can just swap out the polished that come with sasquatch packages and optional wheels? I feel like I haven't seen anything on this thus far..

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we have any idea if Ford will sell the black beauty rings from the parts department so people can just swap out the polished that come with sasquatch packages and optional wheels? I feel like I haven't seen anything on this thus far..
Great question and I'm hoping that the answer is yes. I would rather just swap out vs having them painted.
Sponsored