Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm maybe the only one here, but I dig the Wildtrak interior options. Wish I could get that camo in the MGV.

If you're doing the automatic transmission you should 100% do the 2.7 engine.

I think the real question you should be asking yourself is what you're going to be doing with it. Think hard on that front and you'll find your answers.
I have always liked multi-tone interiors and warmer colours. My first Benz had a nice grey upholstered interior with almost black walnut wood. My Audi has the Optics baseball leather interior and always gets compliments. Loved the more upscale feel those bring.

I was WT, until last few days. The more I priced and looked at my "real" uses, I don't need 35's. Will they look great yes, but don't need them. While if I ever did something crazy like the Whipsaw in Canada, maybe on those days I would regret not having the 35's, but having seen many do it with 33's, I know I will be fine. So the 33's win as 80-90% of the driving will be on road and 10-20% off-road. Since the BL includes locking F & R diff already, I think that is the key versus tire sizes. Having seen some great videos by The Road Chose Me & 4WD 24/7 as well as XO, I think 33's cover a lot and I will not be doing purposeful rock crawling other than if it is on a trail and I need to go over it to get to my destination, but won't be choosing rock crawling as a weekend hobby.

Took a 2.3 and 2.7 for a drive on Friday and while the 2.3 in a 2020 Ranger sport is great, I will be towing a trailer and feel the 2.7 with the 10speed and added torque will be that much better for towing and more fun to drive.

FINAL SPEC: $70,834CDN + 5% GST = $74,375.50CDN (+/- $55,741.43USD, based on 1 CAD = 0.749460 USD)
- Badlands 4-door
- Cactus Grey or Carbonized Grey
- 2.7L w/ 10-speed
- Upgraded 17" beadlock capable wheels
- Storage Bag – Front Row Top Panels and Door
- Lux Package
- Towing Package
- Leather seats
- MIC roof
- Sound deadening if they let me add it
- Basically fully loaded other than Sasquatch

In Canada, our B+P doesn't show some of the other DIO options, but in talks with my friend who just got a F-250 Tremor here, the pricing including install wasn't much more than had he bought the same Warn winch and paid someone to install it, so I suspect that will get added to the price.
Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak Bronco & Trailer side view - Badlands - Cactus Grey

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak Bronco & Trailer side view - Badlands - Carbonized Grey
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have went between all the models at some point. Mostly I have been trying to decide if I want to go lower end then trade up in a few years when Ford gets their options and supply chain figured out.

Whining aside, I am 83% sure I will go with the Wildtrack. I live in Florida so Crawling something you have to hunt for, where as driving Baja style is pretty much what the highways are about here.

The biggest draw the badlands has for me is the interior. But the comfort options on WT outweigh the PERFECT interior of the badlands. I also really like the steel bumpers but I want them fog lights.

WT - My pluses over the BL

Active Grill Shutters - More useful for me than the sway disconnect.

Black wheels - arguably the best looking wheel.

Factory Side Steps - for my wife and small passengers. I’m 6’6” and have never used them ?‍♂

fog lamps - fog is a thing in Florida and I really just like having them.

Baja Mode - no idea what it will do but I like the sound of it.
These are things I need, especially the steps (I am short), and I drive in fog every day on the way to work.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am on the BL / WT fence also. I actually have a reservation for a FE but will almost certainly order “down” cuz I don’t see the point in paying $3k more (all else equal) for a trim that really isn’t special at all.

I’m leaning BL for many of the reasons stated (trim matches MIC top better, MGV interior, etc), but one thing I don’t see discussed much is the difference in GOAT modes....

I think I would use the WT’s Sport mode (if it’s any good) more than the BL’s Rock mode.

Also, what exactly does Baja mode do? If it doesn’t adjust the suspension settings, what’s the point? I believe the suspension hardware is identical between BL and WT, no? And they BOTH have Baja mode. So why is the WT marketed as the desert runner? What can it do that the BL can’t? Ideally Baja would soften up the spring rate and increase wheel travel (ie like how a Raptor rides), but I don’t see how that’s possible given the hardware. It’s just very odd how Ford has marketed the WT. If the only thing that makes it a Baja runner is the LACK of Rock mode, then that’s lame.

What am I missing?

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know whey there is no roof rack option on the WT?
On any model when you go up to a 2.7L with a hardtop option and try to add roof rails it drops you down to 2.3L. Something to do with weight regulations somehow is what I heard. Or an excuse. I'll have to buy them after and not include them in the purchase build.

Sponsored

Sgtt45

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep and Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On any model when you go up to a 2.7L with a hardtop option and try to add roof rails it drops you down to 2.3L. Something to do with weight regulations somehow is what I heard. Or an excuse. I'll have to buy them after and not include them in the purchase build.
That’s really too bad. It is already a “small” vehicle for me and my family so a roof rack comes in super handy when traveling!

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would switch from Wildtrak to Badlands but Im just not a fan of the gray top, the gray grill and any other gray trim on the BL. Im going Wildtrak and accepting the late availability of the Black Modular Top

Jason O

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Bronco II; 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with BL and for me it was a matter of wanting the MGV and the washout interior. I currently have a 2015 JKU that "magically" ends up with a nice puddle of rainwater in my passenger floorboard after a heavy rain. Not wanting to deal with any future potential leaks or drying out carpet was the deciding factor for me.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't for me. I optioned a 2 door Badlands with 2.7 and have no problem picking the roof rails.

Sponsored

CumminsWayne

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram CTD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in the same boat. I was 100% Wildtrak till the interior was revealed. If they give us a black option like the BL or anything else I’m going WT. if not, I may be pushed to BL.

djteotancolis

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80 3.8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you going to do with your new bronco? Full time DD or maybe a little offroading...? If it's just a matter of interior options and wheel/tire combos, pick the one that blows your dress up the most. If you want to be able to take your daily driver and do trails (crawling), the Badlands has better options. If you are going to daily drive with maybe some dunes go Wildtrak. I'm going BL cause I like the offroad features that come standard on that model. If there was zero chance I was going to take it on the trails, I'd probably go WT.
If you don't mind me asking, what makes the difference that you would go for a WT vs BL for daily driving? My confusion was if I should wait for the 2.3L manual Saqs or WT 2.7 Sasq with the price difference being minimal, it seems like WT being a better option.

first timer with an off-roading vehicle to 75% DD & 25% off-roading.

Edit: just went through the thread. Is it only because of the Sway bar?

Last edited:

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have gone back and forth because I probably won't be rock crawling it. I like the idea of the sport GOAT mode on the Wild Trak. I want a little giddy up. But I will also probably never need the 35's and I get the squatch suspension on 33's with BL

If I went with the WT I would want the leather interior. Pricing both similarly equipped puts the WT at $2k or so more because of leather interior. I would stay with the BL MGV interior.

I decided BL because the 33's v 35's will make up for the sport mode. It has to be quicker on 33's regardless of mode, right? Or will the weight of bash plates make it not so much?
Sponsored