First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The MGV seats are definitely still usable. This summer in Georgia (and many other places) has been brutal and the vinyl does get very hot. It's my personal preference to not get MGV again.
I think leather would be pretty similar.
Last summer I had a Bronco Sport Badlands with cloth and it was very comfortable.
If you think think it's super important to have a waterproof interior than I stay stick with MGV.
I don't think it was the Black Onxy. I think top down with MGV is just going to cook it.
I definitely would prefer cooled seats over heated seats but that 's just based on where I live.
That makes sense thanks for explaining that
Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright, alright, alright. I think you guys convinced me to change my Badlands to a Wildtrak 3.0 Hoss. I really needed the MGV floors due to the amount of shedding of my German Shepherd and I'm not a fan of the Wildtrak's interior color scheme but in the end I can switch out the floors (after installing some dynamat in the future) and there is always Katskinz or seat covers. As far as the dog hair I got Mabbets floor and cargo cover and rear backseat protectors.

A huge thing that help me change my mind is the slide out tailgate and roof rack you can get with the WT and not the Badlands? I just 99'd my order and I'll wait a bit longer for the order banks to open and I'll update my order in September with the mod top so my dog gets a window too.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the whole build and compare. And honestly making the Badlands what I'd want, it was more expensive than the Wildtrak. I do wish I'd gotten the HOSS 3.0, but it is what it is. I've got leather and the LUX in my Wildtrak. It's a daily driver/grocery getter that I've been lucky enough to take off road a couple of times. I'd much rather have the creature comforts on my daily commute than a feature I'll be lucky to use once or twice a year. Be happy with whatever version you choose.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A huge thing that help me change my mind is the slide out tailgate and roof rack you can get with the WT and not the Badlands? I just 99'd my order and I'll wait a bit longer for the order banks to open and I'll update my order in September with the mod top so my dog gets a window too.
You are correct about WT offering the roof rack, BUT that's because the WT does not have full body bash plates whereas it is standard equipment on BL...

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah definitely depends on what you want to use it for. I ended up with a pre-HOSS 3.0 Wildtrack and it's plenty for my needs. I may regret it one day down the road if I get into rock crawling, but as noted by many there are options if I go that route.

I went Lux, but downgraded the seats to cloth. I didn't know it came with the camo pattern, which is something I'd usually not be down with. Upon receiving though it's not obnoxious and I actually like it with the eruption green paint.

Sponsored

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah definitely depends on what you want to use it for. I ended up with a pre-HOSS 3.0 Wildtrack and it's plenty for my needs. I may regret it one day down the road if I get into rock crawling, but as noted by many there are options if I go that route.

I went Lux, but downgraded the seats to cloth. I didn't know it came with the camo pattern, which is something I'd usually not be down with. Upon receiving though it's not obnoxious and I actually like it with the eruption green paint.
Do the bilsteins run pretty smooth on the road? Wasn’t sure if fox was better for on road as well as off or bilsteins are about the same

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do the bilsteins run pretty smooth on the road? Wasn’t sure if fox was better for on road as well as off or bilsteins are about the same
For what it is I think it's a good ride. I haven't had too much issue, but my other vehicle is a F-150 with a Bilstein leveling kit so I may just be used to it. I'd still upgrade to the HOSS 3.0 if I was ordering today.

Not sure what I was expecting, but I will say that this Bronco handles better on the road than I expected it to.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, it comes down to what you personally want/need and where you place the most value:

1. Do you really need a sway bar disconnect button? I NEVER use it in my Rubicon, so I didn't prioritize it for the bronco. Down south, you rarely could use it, and in the rare case you do then you can always manually disconnect.

2. Do you want a manual transmission? Must get Badlands

3. Do you want vinyl interior? Must get Badlands.

4. Do you want HOSS 3.0? Must get WIldtrak.

5. Do you want the black out appearance package? Must get Wildtrak.

6. Do you like all black interior and orange accents? Badlands. Prefer Black and Tan interior with blue accents? Wildtrak

7. Want the small motor? Must get Badlands

8. Do you want to not be forced to buy the factory rock rails? Buy Wildtrak

9. Do you want a steel rear bumper? Must but Badlands

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone speak to the SBD smoothing out rough trails? The proper trails i have been on, the HOSS 3.0 wouldn't help but the SBD seems like it would reduce head bang a bit. But I LOVE ripping down forest service roads when I can. I am one of the likely re-orders for 2023, so I am double checking I still want a badlands.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a lot of trails around here that have many ruts, rocks, etc in them. Air down to 20psi and hit the SBD, and it smooths them out at low speeds. There have been a few occasions when I was wondering why the ride was so rough and then I hit the SBD button and it smoothed out.

The 1:00 - 2:00 minute mark on this vid shows typical forest roads around here.

I've only been in 1 or 2 situations where it genuinely helped with getting over an obstacle, so the vest majority of my use is for smoothing out the rough stuff. Once you get past the big 5-0, comfort gets a higher priority in your ride!

If you're ripping down a forest rd, the SBD won't help as it will only disconnect below 20mph. I would imagine someone has figured out a Forscan hack to up this speed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just back from a week-long trip to NC from Florida in my 2022 Badlands. Spent time on the Smokey Mountain Parkway and trails around that area. The Badlands had no issues handling the terrain, and handled the mountain roads with ease. The trip up 95 was comfortable. Overall no complaints.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just back from a week-long trip to NC from Florida in my 2022 Badlands. Spent time on the Smokey Mountain Parkway and trails around that area. The Badlands had no issues handling the terrain, and handled the mountain roads with ease. The trip up 95 was comfortable. Overall no complaints.
How were the vinyl seats for comfort and temp?

TP1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 is here, but having a hard time giving up my Badlands 🤷🏼‍♂️

06FA9730-9C17-42B0-B5DC-33FC33600CB4.jpeg

E3F6C5FD-A9E6-4EE8-8552-32A7C31F09C8.jpeg

9F4A01CF-7B70-4074-9C45-CBD4958DE936.jpeg
Did you trade in the Badlands? If so, what did they give you for it?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. Wildtrak B453FC25-A97D-4295-A65B-6673691B4C14

Hello All. I know this has been analyzed on here and I’ve read all the threads. What I haven’t read about (albeit not many Hoss 3.0 out there) is whether what we know about the 2022 Badlands and the new Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 should sway my decision.

I live in Florida and won’t be doing much rock crawling, but plan to take the Bronco crawling at some point. Mostly will be trails here in Florida and up through the Carolinas where my folks live. I’m ordering a 2 door so it’s coming with the hard top constraint regardless.

I’ve always leaned towards the Badlands but now I’m not so sure. Has anyone had experience with both? I know I’m not getting the Bronco for 2 years anyway so things could change rapidly on what’s available on both trims, but as far as ordering when they open the order banks I need to put something in.

Im driving a Bronco Sport Badlands currently.

Thank you for any input and flame away if you feel fit

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have driven both extensively and own a Badlands Lux with Sasquatch.

if Optioned the same they are very similar and the differences have been highlighted here. What people don’t mention much is the rear bumper, the plastic one is a joke, it’s flexible and looks toyish. The one on the badlands is much better. The interior black seats and dashboard look much better to me than the Wildtrak ones, but thats personal. Also love the MGV.

if the Wildtrak came with choice of interior color and material, and steel rear bumper, i would have taken Wildtrak for the HOSS 3.0. That’s the only thing I miss and it’s easier to add new suspensions on the BL than than change my dashboard, seats, and add a hydraulic swaybar disconnect.

The only horrible thing on the Badlands is the silver rings. I powder coated them in Black. IMO Badlands is the most complete trim.
Sponsored