Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have gone back and forth because I probably won't be rock crawling it. I like the idea of the sport GOAT mode on the Wild Trak. I want a little giddy up. But I will also probably never need the 35's and I get the squatch suspension on 33's with BL

If I went with the WT I would want the leather interior. Pricing both similarly equipped puts the WT at $2k or so more because of leather interior. I would stay with the BL MGV interior.

I decided BL because the 33's v 35's will make up for the sport mode. It has to be quicker on 33's regardless of mode, right? Or will the weight of bash plates make it not so much?
With the Sasquatch you will be on 35” tires but also lower gearing which just makes up for the larger tire diameter. You won’t be slower accel with the Sasquatch setup.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the Sasquatch you will be on 35” tires but also lower gearing which just makes up for the larger tire diameter. You won’t be slower accel with the Sasquatch setup.
I can get the 4.7 gears on BL without an upcharge according to the B&P

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't mind me asking, what makes the difference that you would go for a WT vs BL for daily driving? My confusion was if I should wait for the 2.3L manual Saqs or WT 2.7 Sasq with the price difference being minimal, it seems like WT being a better option.

first timer with an off-roading vehicle to 75% DD & 25% off-roading.

Edit: just went through the thread. Is it only because of the Sway bar?
I’d do WT for more non-offroad driving cause it comes standard with Sasquatch (which would be basically just for looks to me), carpeted flooring and no upgraded bash plates/bumpers, and the higher speed driving modes. I’m doing the BL since it’s what I call “crawler ready”. We have crawlers we built and I want my factory Bronco to be as close to my custom trucks as possible. I’m gonna DD a BL for sure, but if I wanna skip out on the way to work and hit the trails, I know it’ll handle it just as well as my toy trucks. (Without a bunch of mods.) I’m sure the WT would do it too, but BL is closer in options to what I’m used to in a crawler.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can get the 4.7 gears on BL without an upcharge according to the B&P
If you pick Sasquatch on the badlands that gives you the 4.7 gears as it’s part of Sasquatch. Are you saying you can pick 4.7 without having the Sasquatch option for free?

Deleted member 15966

Baja Mode - no idea what it will do but I like the sound of it.
I have it on my Raptor. Absolutely the best ride in the park!! Tons of fun and worth the price of admission.

I know I'm the odd man out in this thread, but I'm sticking with my WT I believe, but will hold for the modular top and a late delivery. Here's my logic:

- Until the Warthog or whatever they're going to call the "Raptor" version of the Bronco comes out, the WT gives me the best chance to combine everything I love in my Raptor with everything I love in my JL Rubicon.

- Most of what I have on the Jeep I've never used, or really never needed. I went Rubicon because I go wandering and exploring a lot. As a wanderer, the biggest concern is not knowing what you're going to find along the way. As such, most of the equipment on the Rubi was an insurance policy so I could get around, through, or over anything that I ran into along the way. Better to have and not need to need and not have sort of thing. I'll never intentionally go rock crawling and have learned my way around enough to know that I should be able to go everywhere I want with the WT, with much of the BL stuff being overkill

- Actually don't mind the interior. I like that it's different from virtually everything else out there. My WT will be antimatter blue, so the black and tan will go with it well and won't get overly hot with the top off (big problem in the Jeep and my other previous convertibles) while still having some good contrast. I'll be going with the leather as opposed to the camo cloth as the leather is much easier to clean and has held up well in my other vehicles

- Based on everything else I'm reading on here, my build will be pretty unique. 2 Door AM Blue WildTrak with modular top, leather, etc. Don't see it being a common platform and will be unlikely to pass myself on the road or trail!

- Baja Mode. 'nuff said.
Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak Bronco 2

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you pick Sasquatch on the badlands that gives you the 4.7 gears as it’s part of Sasquatch. Are you saying you can pick 4.7 without having the Sasquatch option for free?
Yes

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe if you go with the manual transmission you get the 4.7 gears (non squatch). That's the build I'm going with.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe if you go with the manual transmission you get the 4.7 gears (non squatch). That's the build I'm going with.
The B&P lets you pick 4.7 gearing with automatic transmission and no sasquatch. But could be a bug.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you select it on B&P you can add the 4.7 gears at no cost.

jamira79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT, 18 Mercedes GLC, 14 Toyota Scion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a WT, so I didn't pay too much attention to the other models, but I don't like the WT interior so might switch.

Just so I understand, Badlands comes with the Sasquatch suspension components. The difference is the 33" wheels tires. Yes?

So if I prefer a black interior, and plan on swapping to aftermarket wheels/tires anyway, seems silly to pay for the Sas pkg on a BL...

Seems I'd be better off with non-SAS Badlands, and order my own Method/Fuel wheels and 35" KO2's.
My husband has been pricing out and looking at options for the Fuel wheels as well. I do not want nor need a heavy off-roading beast. This will be my daily driver as well as some trail riding in the Smokey Mountains.
Sponsored