First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you're willing to put in enough aftermarket mods and cash, the difference is immaterial. Arguing over the best stock configuration for a truck meant to be modded and upgraded is ... I mean, I get it, it can be entertaining, but anyone who cares about getting the best rig money can buy isn't stopping once they roll off the lot.

I'm looking to see if anyone has success modding the Wildtrak to install the OEM Badlands swaybar disconnect, or get another aftermarket solution (even if manual is fine, hydraulic and the electronics are cool), and others will put HOSS 3.0 parts on their Badlands. And there will be others who will upgrade well past either with mods that aren't even on the market yet, but will be.
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, it comes down to what you personally want/need and where you place the most value:

5. Do you want the black out appearance package? Must get Wildtrak.

Did I miss the 'Black Out Package' when I just ordered the 2023 Carbonized Grey WildTrak HOSS3????? I still see no mention to it in the on line configurator???

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did I miss the 'Black Out Package' when I just ordered the 2023 Carbonized Grey WildTrak HOSS3????? I still see no mention to it in the on line configurator???

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It hides the sand when you blasting down the desert with Hoss 3.0. I love mine. Interior has impressed everyone thatā€™s sat in it.

the disqualifier of Wildtrack for me, was the terrible digital camouflage interior. I'm not some yahoo pretending to be some tactical military bro ... I don't want camo on my seats. I went with the Badlands Sasquatch

Sponsored

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have driven both extensively and own a Badlands Lux with Sasquatch.

if Optioned the same they are very similar and the differences have been highlighted here. What people donā€™t mention much is the rear bumper, the plastic one is a joke, itā€™s flexible and looks toyish. The one on the badlands is much better. The interior black seats and dashboard look much better to me than the Wildtrak ones, but thats personal. Also love the MGV.

if the Wildtrak came with choice of interior color and material, and steel rear bumper, i would have taken Wildtrak for the HOSS 3.0. Thatā€™s the only thing I miss and itā€™s easier to add new suspensions on the BL than than change my dashboard, seats, and add a hydraulic swaybar disconnect.

The only horrible thing on the Badlands is the silver rings. I powder coated them in Black. IMO Badlands is the most complete trim.
Dude I couldnā€™t agree more with this breakdown. I have the exact same train of thought, I could of switched to a HOSS 3.0 WT for the same price as my BL but decided to stay with my BL build. I really donā€™t like the WT interior and that ugly hood decal, sorry everyone. Love the all black look though so Iā€™m going to powder coat the silver rings black too and replace the silver decal on the back with a black one from Amazon for $30. The MGV, wash out floors and sweet interior trim color made my decision. Oh and not to be a total brat but the badlands logo is the best one too lol šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In my mind I like the idea of a BL more with its rugged interior and standard steel bits like bash plates and rear bumper. A WT with better suspension on road so everyone seems to say logically would still get me most of the off road function of the BL but better on road manners. Since I will logically be driving on road way more then off road might as well go with the better on road vehicle thats also darn good off road. I can add the bashplates for $800, if the plastic bumper breaks ill buy a steel one and for the interior that i really wanted the WT to have, tuxmattes go up really high and cover the carpet for the most part. WT looks cooler also.

I actually have a BL and WT on reserve right now. Neither are 100% perfect build as they are dealer orders. The BL sadly has leather and a v4 which i dont want the leather if vinyl is an option and the v4 is fine but with the 35's I rather have the v6. So for the time being im gonna stick with my WT order. Which has v6, ht,high pkg and hoop steps. Dealer let me tweak a few things, sadly I cannot get the modular bumper. But to be honest if I could get a SAS BD with mid, v6 and hard top I would do that and save a few k over my current build. A BL is very cool and for new england ideally better for what terrain we have here. I just know I wont get to use it off road as much as I like and on road comfort while having most of that off road utility is fine.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both. The WT HOSS 3.0 hands down rides much smoother and handles turns better. The hardtop is certainly quieter!!! BL is sasquatched to match the WT. Both lux, mod bumper, tow package, etc, etc, so the only difference is the HOSS 3.0 and hard top on the road. Off road, they are both similarly capable. The swaybar disconnect doesn't make the BL head and shoulders better off-road. You're not going to go wrong either way.

IMG_20230126_155857 (1).jpg

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my mind I like the idea of a BL more with its rugged interior and standard steel bits like bash plates and rear bumper. A WT with better suspension on road so everyone seems to say logically would still get me most of the off road function of the BL but better on road manners. Since I will logically be driving on road way more then off road might as well go with the better on road vehicle thats also darn good off road. I can add the bashplates for $800, if the plastic bumper breaks ill buy a steel one and for the interior that i really wanted the WT to have, tuxmattes go up really high and cover the carpet for the most part. WT looks cooler also.

I actually have a BL and WT on reserve right now. Neither are 100% perfect build as they are dealer orders. The BL sadly has leather and a v4 which i dont want the leather if vinyl is an option and the v4 is fine but with the 35's I rather have the v6. So for the time being im gonna stick with my WT order. Which has v6, ht,high pkg and hoop steps. Dealer let me tweak a few things, sadly I cannot get the modular bumper. But to be honest if I could get a SAS BD with mid, v6 and hard top I would do that and save a few k over my current build. A BL is very cool and for new england ideally better for what terrain we have here. I just know I wont get to use it off road as much as I like and on road comfort while having most of that off road utility is fine.
I agree with a lot of your points here. I stuck with my BL because I was able to get modular bumper, tow kit, hard top, Lux, SAS, V6, MGV. But man I was so tempted to switch to a WT for the 3.0. Happy with my Baby girl doe

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have both. The WT HOSS 3.0 hands down rides much smoother and handles turns better. The hardtop is certainly quieter!!! BL is sasquatched to match the WT. Both lux, mod bumper, tow package, etc, etc, so the only difference is the HOSS 3.0 and hard top on the road. Off road, they are both similarly capable. The swaybar disconnect doesn't make the BL head and shoulders better off-road. You're not going to go wrong either way.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. Wildtrak IMG_20230126_155857 (1)
God bless man, thatā€™s friggin awesome. You should pull a thanos and collect one of each model lol

Sponsored

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just came here to type BADLANDS! Swaybar disconnect is always on off-road, even when not tackling crazy rocks, makes the ride ohh so much smoother. But then again with the Wildtrack you get a dipping sauce holder. :pTough choice.

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just came here to type BADLANDS! Swaybar disconnect is always on off-road, even when not tackling crazy rocks, makes the ride ohh so much smoother. But then again with the Wildtrack you get a dipping sauce holder. :pTough choice.
Hell yeah!!
Sponsored