First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw something a while back saying you could select Baja mode and then switch it to 2wd for use on pavement. Asking because I have a Badlands on order that doesn’t come with sport mode. The 2.7 without sport mode lacks some punch. I know you could enable sport mode by using forscan but would like to not have to monkey with that.

Asking if anybody has done the Baja mode on pavement with 2wd or if that is just simply a bad idea. If it is a bad idea, I am going to switch to the Wildtrack trim.

Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know about the Baja mode in 2wd never tried it in my Badlands. If you want a little extra try the pedal commander it a simple plug in. Really gets the 2.7 going

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It can be done but I can assure you it's not something you'll want to do. Baja is tuned for high speed offroading. It holds gears forever and you'll be far too high in the rev range for it to be any sort of pleasant experience on the street.

It's very different from sport mode.

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It can be done but I can assure you it's not something you'll want to do. Baja is tuned for high speed offroading. It holds gears forever and you'll be far too high in the rev range for it to be any sort of pleasant experience on the street.

Thanks for the insight. Looks like Wildtrack is a better fit for what I will use it for.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most importantly, Baja mode is designed for loose surfaces. You can damage components on pavement. FWIW, Baja mode is ridiculously fun in open desert.

Sponsored

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the insight. Looks like Wildtrack is a better fit for what I will use it for.
Wildtrak also replaces sport with baja. Ironically, you have to go down in trim to get sport.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bajas awesome on pavement. But like stated she’s holds gears. Think a pedal commander would be what your looking for. I put sport on mine with forscan. Waste of time.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not going to damage anything, but way too aggressive for street driving.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried it in my Badlands (Baja and switched to 2WD). Way too aggressive for the street in my opinion. I have tried it off-road and it is a blast. Normal mode is plenty peppy for me on the street. Stomp on it and it will move! I also use eco mode when just cruising around so I am not afraid to take my time because the Bronco isn't a sports car by any means. I haven't had the chance to experience Sport mode in a Bronco yet but I am interested to see the difference.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport mode via ForScan on my Badlands is where it's at. Baja mode holds revs and makes for a rough shifting experience with the manual.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just got back from Off Roadeo Texas. At the end of the day, we ran the “flat track” in Baja Mode. I initially thought my transmission had failed or was stuck in manual mode.
Sponsored