Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2023 Big Bend that I just picked up about 2 weeks ago - I would like to give it a little lift as well as bigger tire 33 or 35s.

Question is should I go with just a 2in body lift all around or 2in suspension lift? Also, what is the biggest tire I can fit on the stock wheels? Or am I better of going with aftermarket wheels?

Any help is greatly appreciated and if you have photos of similar, even better!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg
Sponsored

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should be able to add 33" tires on the same rims without a lift or any tire rub. Bigger than that and you'll need a lift. There are lots of options in a 17" rim, but be mindful of the change in offset that will likely push your wheel out from .5 - 2.0" from stock.

OP
OP
millerliteguy

millerliteguy

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should be able to add 33" tires on the same rims without a lift or any tire rub. Bigger than that and you'll need a lift. There are lots of options in a 17" rim, but be mindful of the change in offset that will likely push your wheel out from .5 - 2.0" from stock.
Thanks - I am for sure going with a lift, just not sure if I should do a 2" body or 2" suspension

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2023 Big Bend that I just picked up about 2 weeks ago - I would like to give it a little lift as well as bigger tire 33 or 35s.

Question is should I go with just a 2in body lift all around or 2in suspension lift? Also, what is the biggest tire I can fit on the stock wheels? Or am I better of going with aftermarket wheels?

Any help is greatly appreciated and if you have photos of similar, even better!!!

Ford Bronco Base Big Bend - Lift and Tire Question 2

Ford Bronco Base Big Bend - Lift and Tire Question 2
My brother in law ran 295's on the stock Big Bend wheels with a 2" puck/level lift (2" front, 1" rear), removed crash bars and had no issues.

Currently running 35's on new wheels.

My kid is running 285's on stock Big Bend wheels, no lift needed.

Depends on what you want out of it.

Capability, go with suspension lift.
Looks & save money, go with puck spacer. Haven't tried to put 35's on stock Big Bend wheels, but I can almost guarantee that someone has on this site already.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My brother in law ran 295's on the stock Big Bend wheels with a 2" puck/level lift (2" front, 1" rear), removed crash bars and had no issues.

Currently running 35's on new wheels.

My kid is running 285's on stock Big Bend wheels, no lift needed.

Depends on what you want out of it.

Capability, go with suspension lift.
Looks & save money, go with puck spacer. Haven't tried to put 35's on stock Big Bend wheels, but I can almost guarantee that someone has on this site already.

What he said....... 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

35 's on a BB no lift.........

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/delivered-shadow-black-big-bend-2dr-2-3l.25127/

You will need a max tire kit or similar. Or be creative with a sawzall. 😁

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im running 295/70 (true 33) on 17x9 -6et wheels. Stock BD non sas suspension (same as BB) only had to remove front crash bars and that was due to aggressive offset. I want a small lift as well. Im leaning toward the bilstein 5100 shocks. Id prefer sas takeoffs but finding the right spring setup for a reasonable price is difficult. Leveling kits are cheaper for parts but the labor costs arent much different. Id rather spend a little more and do it right.

Bronco2.jpg

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/broncy-mcbroncface-build.49379/

Love your taste in Broncos. When I got mine, I got some keen advice. What is the overall vibe/purpose of your Bronco to be? That will help you decide on all the mods.

I did a 2 inch lift in front and 1 inch in rear to level it. Went with 35's b/c I didn't want to have to deal with other mods for 37s. I like a little poke, so I got different wheels.

If you are generally happen with the looks and capability of stock, then bigger tires with stock rims and a lift is completely fine. If you want more capabilities and different look, I'd say think about upgrading the wheels and suspension.

Good luck!

OP
OP
millerliteguy

millerliteguy

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/broncy-mcbroncface-build.49379/

Love your taste in Broncos. When I got mine, I got some keen advice. What is the overall vibe/purpose of your Bronco to be? That will help you decide on all the mods.

I did a 2 inch lift in front and 1 inch in rear to level it. Went with 35's b/c I didn't want to have to deal with other mods for 37s. I like a little poke, so I got different wheels.

If you are generally happen with the looks and capability of stock, then bigger tires with stock rims and a lift is completely fine. If you want more capabilities and different look, I'd say think about upgrading the wheels and suspension.

Good luck!

Looks Great!!!! I am leaning towards the 2in suspension with 35s and new wheels - I don't want to much poke from the fenders though

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Currently running rough country 2” lift installed by ford dealer. 1” wheel spacers and 35” ko2 on stock BB wheels w/ crash bars removed, driven prob 15k miles on this setup and drives great, no rub etc….

Sponsored

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put 285/70/17s on my Big Bend, no other modifications. So far, so good. I'm thinking all I might do is get some Badlands takeoffs or find another budget-friendly solution to get just a little bit of lift (can't go too high or it won't fit in my garage 😄).

Ford Bronco Base Big Bend - Lift and Tire Question IMG_7642

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
@millerliteguy take this as you will but those steps though probably very nice for entry/exit are not doing the truck any favors as far as a more lifted look goes. It almost looks like they were mounted too low somehow. If they can be raised up and tucked closer to the body it would help the look. Taking them off completely would probably shock you with how much higher the truck will look.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are my go-to recommendation for anyone looking for a middle of the road lift. Not as sophisticated as King or Fox, but better quality that a cheap spacer lift. Perfect for daily driving and can even hold their own when its time to go off-road. We have sold countless sets of these coilovers and people have nothing but great things to say about them! They are also adjustable between .05-4"

Eibach Coilovers - Ford Bronco

We also are currently running 10% off and have them in stock. Would be happy to get you hooked up with a set or answer any questions you may have!

Ford Bronco Base Big Bend - Lift and Tire Question Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 10.40.37 AM
Ford Bronco Base Big Bend - Lift and Tire Question Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 10.42.15 AM

Photo creds to @fields_day. He has them set at 3" and is not easy on these coilovers, they've held up fantastically.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am running a 1 1/2" suspension in front, 1" in back and a 1/2" body lift. Running optional badlands wheels with the factory 285/70/17s. Overall pleased with the look and can put 35s on when the time comes. Bronco started as a non SAS big bend.
Ford Bronco Base Big Bend - Lift and Tire Question 20230724_130746
Sponsored