Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

using math, i have calculated that the auto transmission will cost approximately 2,205$ as an upgrade. thankyou, i never noticed the base 4-door price jump and auto-only status.
You really think it'll be that steep? I feel like auto is usually a $1200-1500 option. That might lock me into a bare bones base auto. Hopefully I can just option bigger tires onto the steelies
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You really think it'll be that steep? I feel like auto is usually a $1200-1500 option. That might lock me into a bare bones base auto. Hopefully I can just option bigger tires onto the steelies
I hope so. I think it would be a dealer installed option. Based on how Ford typically does their packaging, you won't have a tire choice. It doesn't sound like they will be offering packages within the Base trim. Hopefully that changes. I do think there will be a lot add ons that are dealer installed but on the order guide.

The first thing I'm going to do is throw new tires on my base. Hopefully the dealers will be able to set speedos for different tire heights.

I would love a Ford Performance Package like they have on the Ranger. I'm sure there will be one.

KidGorgeous

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been pouring over the specs. The highest trim I can stomach is the Black Diamond. From what I know today I could go three ways:

1.) Base - 2.7, w/auto, Sasquatch Pkg., HD Modular Front Bumper, Aux Switches, Apple car play (hopefully this is a stand alone option);
2.) Big Bend - 2.3, w/manual, optional rear locker, D Modular Front Bumper, Aux Switches, Apple car play; or
3.) Black Diamond - 2.3, w/manual, no options.

Each has its pros and cons. I could live with either trim as configured. The Base would obviously be the most off road worthy with the bigger tires, lockers and bigger front end. All depends on price I don't rock crawl or need front/rear lockers and 35's but it would be sweet.
From what I saw in the ford website, carplay is only available as an option in the big bend trim and up... I'm assuming its part of the Mid-package which unfortunately isn't offered with the Base model.

Base + sasquatch + mid package would've been my ideal build

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I saw in the ford website, carplay is only available as an option in the big bend trim and up... I'm assuming its part of the Mid-package which unfortunately isn't offered with the Base model.

that ford guy on twitter said carplay is standard, website is mistaken.

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I'm not sure. Heard conflicting reports. Some say its on every trim. I hope its available. I'm not familiar enough with Ford's Sync 4, which is included in the Base trim, to know if it has carplay or not. It seems the mid package gets you the Sync 4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition. It's not a deal breaker, but I recently just bought Rav4 for my wife which has it and its great to have.

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sure. Heard conflicting reports. Some say its on every trim. I hope its available. I'm not familiar enough with Ford's Sync 4, which is included in the Base trim, to know if it has carplay or not. It seems the mid package gets you the Sync 4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition. It's not a deal breaker, but I recently just bought Rav4 for my wife which has it and its great to have.
CarPlay and Andriod Auto are standard on all Sync4 vehicles, including the Bronco.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, Ford SYNC4 has apple carplay and that other one.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

phew, this thread is like a safe haven. Nothing to get worked up about when you want as little as possible in it ?
That's how BASE folks roll. Just happy to be in the game.

Sponsored

OH-RK

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just placed my reservation for the 2 door. Can't wait.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love the idea of a base 2dr with squatch....but I’m old and short so against my initial thoughts I’m going Big Bend 2dr with slightly better gearing, factory 32” tires and awesome wheels. Added creature comfort items won’t hurt either. Keeping manual and 2.3. I love Red/white combo (my 75 was red/white) but Cactus Gray and Area 51 have grown on me.

Last edited: