First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I could get some of the upgraded packages, I'd get the base. Get the aux switches and you can upgrade to things like lockers, or even heated seats in the future.
Yeah I have a Toyota chr right now so the base 2 door bronco will be a huge upgrade with capability technology and space. Thinking of getting the steel bumper and aux switches as my only accessories.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan to do no off-roading, and kinda feel like an idiot because I’ll be trading an awd snow beast Subaru that I can get 33mpg in and have the 2.7 bronco as a daily driver (shouldn’t I get the 2.3?)

but I think people don’t see all the value in wrangler/bronco.

legit 4x4 suv, which in a sea of crossovers is a dying breed.

add to it a convertible, which unless it’s an S4, can you really get any better a 4/awd convertible save exotics?

the fact you can legally take the doors off puts it also in the toy category.

my he short wheel base, glass box passenger compartment, and rear view will make parking in Boston pretty damn easy.

I wish Dodge would bring back the Raider. Get a lot of competition in.

sorry, trying to convince myself still.

But yeah, a base is your choice of wheel package away from doing pretty much as much as any bronco can do in my opinion.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had three Bronco II's in the past, with no lockers and what would now be considered small tires and they were incredibly capable off road. I'm sure the new Base Bronco will be that capable, with the possible exception of limitations due to ground clearance. Adding 32 or 33 inch tires will help. And carry chains for when deep mud or snow is an issue off road.

Last edited:

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mmmmmm details!!!

I want a Briarwood so bad.
No real details stock as it can be 99, the only amazing thing is I bought it 12 years ago for 1500 bucks with 80k miles on it because that was what they were going to give my buddy for trade in, and now with nothing more than basic maintenance I'm at 202K, anything that breaks or needs replaced can easily be done in the drive way with just a few wrenches, it's the one thing that scares me about the bronco is I don't think repairs are going to be that easy

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not consider myself an off-roader or rock crawler by any means. I like to fly fish and camp in pa and some of those forest roads can be pretty rough and have deep ruts. Will the base base bronco suit my needs in this aspect? I’m assuming I don’t need lockers or bilsteins to go on forest roads but not sure... just wondering if the base model will be capable by itself.
I think you'll be fine with the Base. I agree that a tire upgrade is pretty much mandatory.

I was in base Base camp, but ended up going with the Base Sasquatch 4DR 2.3 Auto. I knew I'd be mad that I didn't get the better axles and transfer case from the factory.

However, if you are only doing forest service/logging type roads I think that the SAS package is overkill. Save the 5K from SAS and get better tires or tire/wheel package. You can always paint the steelies a color you want if you are okay with the design.

OP
OP
Dominic Nonnenmacher
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you'll be fine with the Base. I agree that a tire upgrade is pretty much mandatory.

I was in base Base camp, but ended up going with the Base Sasquatch 4DR 2.3 Auto. I knew I'd be mad that I didn't get the better axles and transfer case from the factory.

However, if you are only doing forest service/logging type roads I think that the SAS package is overkill. Save the 5K from SAS and get better tires or tire/wheel package. You can always paint the steelies a color you want if you are okay with the design.
Totally agree, of course I think the sasquatch package looks killer, but I would basically never use my bronco for rock crawling or serious offroading so it seems overkill for me personally. I also do not want to get wrapped up in the overland/offroad scene and dump thousands of dollars for offroad mods I'll personally never use. This will be my fly fishing/camping daily driver, not a Rubicon trail rock crawling machine. Might eventually mount a winch just to have that peace of mind of not getting stuck while out deep in the woods.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll be 100% fine, buy it and go fishing!!!

I wheeled all over Michigan's Upper Peninsula with my Gen 1, open diffs, 31" Goodyear Wrangler tires, three speed, Dana 30 front end, drum brakes, vacuum wipers and if I remember right, 3.09 gears (maybe they were 3.50).

The Gen 6 is so far advanced it's not even funny, go and have some FUN!

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Totally agree, of course I think the sasquatch package looks killer, but I would basically never use my bronco for rock crawling or serious offroading so it seems overkill for me personally. I also do not want to get wrapped up in the overland/offroad scene and dump thousands of dollars for offroad mods I'll personally never use. This will be my fly fishing/camping daily driver, not a Rubicon trail rock crawling machine. Might eventually mount a winch just to have that peace of mind of not getting stuck while out deep in the woods.
I will ask you this.....have you thought about a Big Bend with the rear locker? I was thinking about a Big Bend 4DR 2.3 Auto Mid with 4.27 E-Locker. It priced out about the same as the Base Sasquatch.

OP
OP
Dominic Nonnenmacher
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will ask you this.....have you thought about a Big Bend with the rear locker? I was thinking about a Big Bend 4DR 2.3 Auto Mid with 4.27 E-Locker. It priced out about the same as the Base Sasquatch.
Honestly I have, I wish the base model came with a locker since I really like the price point of around 31-32k for the two door instead of the 36-37k with the Big Bend, but I am tempted to get the Big Bend because of the locker and also Cactus Grey color option.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly I have, I wish the base model came with a locker since I really like the price point of around 31-32k for the two door instead of the 36-37k with the Big Bend, but I am tempted to get the Big Bend because of the locker and also Cactus Grey color option.
I ended up BB for the 4.27, locker wheels, tires , tint ,grill, fog lights, color availability and figure I'm paying about $1500 more than I should, but it's what I want. But to your original question, with a Base Base you will have a very capable vehicle for 32K.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We need a fly fishing thread. One of my most favorite outdoor moments was while flyfishing. An elk crossed the creek right in front of me. In Cherokee Indian Reservation NC.

I’m no expert but like the OP I’m going to be looking for a native brook trout this year. The hunt gets you to all kind of beautiful places.
Sponsored

Last edited: