indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch is the Bronco cheat code. Imagine if this screenshot had a separate "Sasquatch Edition"... priced at $35885 (between the Big Bend and the Black Diamond)... can you imagine how many more takers there would be at that price point if they openly advertised it as such?

ford-bronco-build-snapshot-1024x631.jpg

... oh, and it gets its own distinctive fender badging? ... which happens to have the coolest design... with the best name? ... and has (in the opinion of many) the most attractive and subtle grille... that's truest to the original? C'mon, man.

I know it's just my opinion, but I think Basesquatch buyers are lucky the thought of buying anything "Base" with a rubber steering wheel... without fadish halo lights.. or idiot lights to tell them someone's in their side mirror... or software to steer them into back into their own lane... is simply beneath a lot of people. Fine with me - that's the itch the other 6 models scratch to varying degrees.

In fact, I think the Basesquatch is legitimately an "8th model" that Ford has hidden in plain sight as a "package"... at an amazing value. For those that want all the capability but don't give a damn about being seen as "base"... I think it says a lot about the buyer.

I'm really grateful Ford didn't follow the Rubicon approach, where you have to go to the highest trim to get the best functional gear... because I think, in so many ways, the base model really captures the soul of the original. If anything, it may even be too plush :)
I'm torn between the 2-door base manual, and adding Sasquatch package. Because I think adding Sas package is more along the lines of a 6k or even 7k increase? To me that is a significant price increase.

I used to do a lot of off-roading in the Colorado mountains, in older Jeeps that were not overly built up. The fact I had a lot of fun and was not breaking much in those mostly stock rigs, indicates probably I could do same with a non-Sas base (with addition of 33" tires). Still giving it some thought.
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We love ours! Started off as a Base Stripper (plus AUX switches only). We've since added a 3" ICON lift and 35" Nitto's on ICON Rebound PRO wheels. We're old school Bronco fans and we love how true to the original this one is. Mostly we love how highly capable it is off-road, even as a non-Sasquatch model with no lockers or other fancy equipment. We've been documenting our experience with it on our YouTube channel, where we've been seriously putting it to the test both on-road and off. We're creeping up on 10,000 miles and we still love it.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 248876258_10225307750977537_479353098504205727_n

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 249008465_10225307751217543_5530674262013543992_n

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 248876258_10225307750977537_479353098504205727_n

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My guess the hardest part will be availability. Iā€™m not yet convinced ford will ship replacement wheels to dealers in any reasonable timeframe but hopefully Iā€™m wrong
Click the link I posted above. They are available today, right now.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Click the link I posted above. They are available today, right now.
Thanks! I ordered from another dealer for a few bucks less. They just emailed me asking for VIN. Not sure what thatā€™s about and weā€™ll see if it causes any problem given Iā€™m not built yet and trims donā€™t match up. I explained my intent to upgrade to leather wrap. Weā€™ll see. šŸ¤ž

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! I ordered from another dealer for a few bucks less. They just emailed me asking for VIN. Not sure what thatā€™s about and weā€™ll see if it causes any problem given Iā€™m not built yet and trims donā€™t match up. I explained my intent to upgrade to leather wrap. Weā€™ll see. šŸ¤ž
Let me know! Also the dealer too!

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Basesquatch with the 2.7, AUX Switches, and the Roof Rack. Soooo glad I didnt spring for a higher trim. I will be changing the bumpers and adding side steps though.

Exactly my order, only green...also plan bumpers & rock rails along with full skids, fog & rear lights plus stereo upgrade. Still less than higher trims and just as/more capable...

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm torn between the 2-door base manual, and adding Sasquatch package. Because I think adding Sas package is more along the lines of a 6k or even 7k increase? To me that is a significant price increase.

I used to do a lot of off-roading in the Colorado mountains, in older Jeeps that were not overly built up. The fact I had a lot of fun and was not breaking much in those mostly stock rigs, indicates probably I could do same with a non-Sas base (with addition of 33" tires). Still giving it some thought.
Non-SAS base is an out-and-out winner - all the capability 95% will ever need or use for under $30k.

If you want to play off road, there's only one essential upgrade you need to add after you get it - put some 32s or 33s with a more aggressive tread pattern on those 16" rims, and you solve most of the ground clearance and traction issues (and no one can ever mock it for looking like a mail jeep).

The only factory option I would tick off every time is the aux switches. It's not just the switches, it's all the wiring that's pre-configured and fused.

The Sasquatch package is a very expensive upgrade. The price of entry is $7385 because the Advanced 4x4 system is a mandatory $795 add to the $6590 price. There is no price break for getting the manual, it costs the same as an auto.

What do you get for that? More than you could ever buy for $7385 after the fact.

- 35" tires. Not my first choice in brand or type. They aren't really even mud terrains, but they have performed susprisingly well. But the bigger tires are something you could add pretty cost effectively afterwards - and get exactly what you want, but that would cost at least around $3k.

- 3.5" of ground clearance - 2.5" gain from going from 30" to 35" tires, plus an extra 1" lift.

The rest can't be done cheaply.

- Front and rear lockers. Huge and huger. Thousands and thousands to add after the fact. You're better off spending your money on a good winch - you'll be needing it (and you'll need to buy a HD bumper to mount it on).

- 4.7 gears. A 2.3 on 35s will need them - expensive to replace, even if you do it yourself.

- Advanced 4x4. "4A" will be your first choice when road conditions get bad. Drives almost like a typical AWD system. $795 for that is good value.

- "HOSS" suspension with position-sensitive external reservoir shocks. Huge upgrade, especially for higher-speed off-road driving.

- It's all engineered to work together - and WARRANTIED. Big win over trying to replicate all those gains aftermarket - which you could never do for anywhere near $7385.

Your choice to pop on such an expensive package up front or build to your own specs and preferences over time. Go Sasquatch from the get-go - and you can finance it with the original purchase price - and enjoy it from Day One. Spend your time on trails instead of digging in catalogs, turning wrenches, or paying a shop $100/hr to install your upgrades.

Base is a great starting point for using as is - or any serious build. For $36685, a Basesquatch is beyond most people's finishing point - expensive but well worth it to some.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly my order, only green...also plan bumpers & rock rails along with full skids, fog & rear lights plus stereo upgrade. Still less than higher trims and just as/more capable...
Exactly the same. I am waiting on my loopback harness for my amps and subwoofer.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread CF0B9A82-ACDE-48C2-88FF-BC4C399A4717

A7BEFF5E-D88C-43FB-A478-1F3DB0D5AEDA.jpeg

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non-SAS base is an out-and-out winner - all the capability 95% will ever need or use for under $30k.

If you want to play off road, there's only one essential upgrade you need to add after you get it - put some 32s or 33s with a more aggressive tread pattern on those 16" rims, and you solve most of the ground clearance and traction issues (and no one can ever mock it for looking like a mail jeep).
Coming from someplace that has measurable snowfall each year, I couldn't disagree more. Open diffs are a no-go here, unless you're a city dweller, or retired. It's a shame it didn't come with a limited slip in the rear. 3 extra inches of clearance and 4 wheels spinning for the win.........

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We love ours! Started off as a Base Stripper (plus AUX switches only). We've since added a 3" ICON lift and 35" Nitto's on ICON Rebound PRO wheels. We're old school Bronco fans and we love how true to the original this one is. Mostly we love how highly capable it is off-road, even as a non-Sasquatch model with no lockers or other fancy equipment. We've been documenting our experience with it on our YouTube channel, where we've been seriously putting it to the test both on-road and off. We're creeping up on 10,000 miles and we still love it.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread A7BEFF5E-D88C-43FB-A478-1F3DB0D5AEDA

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread A7BEFF5E-D88C-43FB-A478-1F3DB0D5AEDA

Been watching your videos they are great! Lot of good info, and nice to see what a base manual can do.

Sponsored

Mattm78

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Lariat 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
4dr Base 2.7l with 33s on the steelies and leveling kit added as well as PPF. Just over 4K miles. No regrets at all. I added side steps because I have a 5yr old and a 2yr old. Plus I had a lot of FordPass points so it was a steal, after I bought 2 Ford vehicles. Lol
Lots of comments on ā€œkeeping it simpleā€
Love the grill stickers!!

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from someplace that has measurable snowfall each year, I couldn't disagree more. Open diffs are a no-go here, unless you're a city dweller, or retired. It's a shame it didn't come with a limited slip in the rear. 3 extra inches of clearance and 4 wheels spinning for the win.........
I agree with you... but hazardous winter driving and basic, recreational four wheeling are two different animals. šŸ“šŸ®

Pretty sure the only way to spin all 4 wheels is with 2 posi or locked diffs. Open diffs apply equal torque to each wheel and only spins the wheel with the least traction. šŸ¤”

... and unless you're a logger, a Subaru on Michelins will get you to work safely in January. ā„šŸ‘

Last edited:

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like you did the Ranger black wheels, been thinking about doing that same they look great on the rig!
I got them for 350 with tires.The tires had 6 miles.But then I had to buy another rim / tire for the back.Total was 500.00.One thing the rim doesnt fit on the tire carriar. You have to cut the nipples down ..,
Sponsored