Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basesquatch for me! Only added option was aux switches and sas package. I am coming from a 12 year old car so the technology seems amazing to me! In my opinion, the sasquatch bronco is the best bang for the buck for any new 4x4 out there (toy, jeep, ford, etc). The cloth seats are really nice to me...if they go bad after a few years, I will get leather replacements. Stereo is nice too. I am middle aged...so they sound good to me!

B1.jpg
Sponsored

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Honda Pilot Elite, Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Impatiently waiting for my base model! If you’ve been driving one for a while, what’re your thoughts so far? What would you suggest I get before delivery to have on hand at day 1? Thanks!
Received mine early December. Has Squatch and pre-wired, added mirror lamps, really pleased with my choice. Wish I added the steel bumper but I will order that, struggling to get my racks built and delivered so my Thule carrier is still gaining dust at the dealer. I am concerned about a burning smell I still have coming off of it even after 2000 miles. Struggling to get a service appointment but still a damn fun ride.

0C2D3805-55DB-422D-909C-491D7C5DFD30.png

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been following your build. When I had my order in for a MY21, it was in AMB... and I had an almost identical "heritage" theme planned. Hello MY22, goodbye AMB and the only color I thought could rock the white mods right.

I was going to say the Adv 4x4 is available as a $795 option on the base... but I went to the configurator... and adding it adds the whole SAS package. I see what you mean. Sorry.
Oh man if you told me advanced 4x4 was now available as a stand alone option for MY22 Base I would want to cry!

If I had missed out on AMB, I would do the exact same mods on Eruption Green.

And thanks for watching, I appreciate it!!

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyone with a base bronco w/o sas regretting not having lockers in ? Feel like ford dropped the ball there and could have offered that in the package

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyone with a base bronco w/o sas regretting not having lockers in ? Feel like ford dropped the ball there and could have offered that in the package
No lockers was the biggest reason I went squatch...

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree, a rear locker as a stand-alone option would have been awesome. I probably would have gotten it. But to answer your question, I'm not regretting not getting Sasquatch. I'm having too much fun working harder to get through the tough spots :)

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, a rear locker as a stand-alone option would have been awesome. I probably would have gotten it. But to answer your question, I'm not regretting not getting Sasquatch. I'm having too much fun working harder to get through the tough spots :)
Dusty,
You made me think what the cheapest Bronco with a rear locker would cost... a 2dr Big Bend 7MT with nothing but a rear locker. On the configurator, it appears to be a no-cost option (at least it's not listed with a price next to it on my phone), but it ends up being a $495 add in the price summary.

BB + rear locker
$33785 + $495 = $34,280

That's $4980 over an open diff Base (but hey, you get a leather steering wheel, fog lights, and 32s, too). 🤔

At that price, you're only $2405 away from having a Basesquatch for $36685. (and advanced 4x4, a front locker, 4.7 gears, Bilsteins, 35s). I dunno, seems like a no-brainer value to me. 🤷‍♂️

The straight-up base was the way to go for Chanel... and makes for way better vids. 📽👍

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No lockers was the biggest reason I went squatch...
A big part of why I went sas too. To add all the goodies SAS option brings...it would cost a lot more than the 5K SAS option. On my old jeep...I was about 10k in and had most of SAS goodies. For 5K..it is a steal!!

JTY

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2019 H-D Low Rider
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had my 4 door Base Sasquatch for just over a month. And, I love it. So far I've added running boards, additional grab handles, and skid plates. I've been in everything from heavy rain, to 1 - 2 feet of snow.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, I have seen your videos! It does come down to the driver in the end. Wonder what options we will have in the future for some lockers that dont cost a leg to afford.

Sponsored

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, I have seen your videos! It does come down to the driver in the end. Wonder what options we will have in the future for some lockers that dont cost a leg to afford.
So much comes down to the driver - in all aspects of life. What is the driver's relationship with risk and having adventures. Some drivers will have fun off-road adventures in the base-base. And some drivers will hardly (if ever) go off-road in the base-Sas. Comes down to what the driver has in her/him.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking at your ride confirms I made the right build choice. Its almost identical to yours:
2.7L basesquatch, MIC, aux switches, hd bumper with brush guard, and roof rails.
Hot Pepper Red.

Can't wait!
The only regret you will have is that you couldn't get it sooner.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dusty,
You made me think what the cheapest Bronco with a rear locker would cost... a 2dr Big Bend 7MT with nothing but a rear locker. On the configurator, it appears to be a no-cost option (at least it's not listed with a price next to it on my phone), but it ends up being a $495 add in the price summary.

BB + rear locker
$33785 + $495 = $34,280

That's $4980 over an open diff Base (but hey, you get a leather steering wheel, fog lights, and 32s, too). 🤔

At that price, you're only $2405 away from having a Basesquatch for $36685. (and advanced 4x4, a front locker, 4.7 gears, Bilsteins, 35s). I dunno, seems like a no-brainer value to me. 🤷‍♂️

The straight-up base was the way to go for Chanel... and makes for way better vids. 📽👍
Just think, if they offered that stand-alone rear locker in the Base: $28.5K plus $495 for the locker, throw in the Aux switches and it would have still ben sub-30K even with destination. I'd have been all over that!
Sponsored