First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BaseSquatch would have been nice but I couldn't justify the $6,000+ add. With the ManSquatch option starting MY22 I was considering it until Ford decided not to discount the manual version from the auto version. So I stuck with Base, 2dr Manual.
Sponsored

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also ordered a 22 base with aux switches. Really wanted the locker but definitely not worth bumped to big bend.

Whatā€™s stopping us from putting a limited slip in back? Do people frown on this? Iā€™ve had several vehicles dailyā€™d with posi/locker out back. While it wouldnā€™t cost $500 start to finish, it definitely wouldnā€™t cost that $2400 big bend upgrade either.

is the switchable feature the important aspect? Honest questions not trolling.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also ordered a 22 base with aux switches. Really wanted the locker but definitely not worth bumped to big bend.

Whatā€™s stopping us from putting a limited slip in back? Do people frown on this? Iā€™ve had several vehicles dailyā€™d with posi/locker out back. While it wouldnā€™t cost $500 start to finish, it definitely wouldnā€™t cost that $2400 big bend upgrade either.

is the switchable feature the important aspect? Honest questions not trolling.
Quick and dirty route (not the cheapest) would be to order the ford performance complete rear end and use one of the auxiliary switches to lock/unlock.

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess Iā€™ll wait for the diffs to become available alone or in yards lol.

I was just wondering if anybody is thinkin along the lines of putting an Auburn lsd or something of the sort in back.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess Iā€™ll wait for the diffs to become available alone or in yards lol.

I was just wondering if anybody is thinkin along the lines of putting an Auburn lsd or something of the sort in back.
I'm with you, I will keep an eye out for a wrecked Squatch to pull the axles out of.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hard to justify Sasquatch on a daily driver here in Southern California.

No winters and weā€™re not allowed off the trails. Itā€™s not Utah!

32ā€ tires give it 9.4ā€ ground clearance and still keeps it civilized for a daily driver and good weekend adventurer.

With 33ā€ heavy tires youā€™re approaching that point where you should have the Sasquatch gearing. If thatā€™s the desire then just bite the bullet and get the Sasquatch package.

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You guys rock! This thread has gotten way more action than I could have hoped for. What are your thoughts on turning this into an "official" base model group? Is there a way for me to do that? Maybe there's already a group? Not experienced in forum admin..

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You guys rock! This thread has gotten way more action than I could have hoped for. What are your thoughts on turning this into an "official" base model group? Is there a way for me to do that? Maybe there's already a group? Not experienced in forum admin..
I'd join! I really like reading through and seeing ideas on stuff that I know are relevant to the base. Plus I love seeing how everybody will customize their base. Some mods just aren't relevant to us.

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd join! I really like reading through and seeing ideas on stuff that I know are relevant to the base. Plus I love seeing how everybody will customize their base. Some mods just aren't relevant to us.
How should I do it? Rename the thread? Start a group?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... and unless you're a logger, a Subaru on Michelins will get you to work safely in January. ā„šŸ‘
I used the HAHA emoji on your comment because of how true it is!
I've run Michelin X-ice or Bridgestone Blizzaks on my Subies for a good number of years now.
I can tell you, on road in the nasty slushy shit, I have more confidence in the Outback than the Bronco on AT's.
That Outback on Blizzaks is PLANTED.

In the Bronco defense, the short wheel base 2dr can be twitchy. I wonder how much better a 4dr would be.
Either way, the roads were shit here today, I chose the Outback. LOL

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base

I wish there was a dedicated base 2 door thread!

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone do a 2 door in Eddie Bauer trim to match old Broncos?

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hard to justify Sasquatch on a daily driver here in Southern California.

No winters and weā€™re not allowed off the trails. Itā€™s not Utah!

32ā€ tires give it 9.4ā€ ground clearance and still keeps it civilized for a daily driver and good weekend adventurer.

With 33ā€ heavy tires youā€™re approaching that point where you should have the Sasquatch gearing. If thatā€™s the desire then just bite the bullet and get the Sasquatch package.
Oh man I just ordered 33ā€ Falken Wildpeaks for my 2-dr MT Base (which is currently sitting at the rail yard waiting for a ride to the dealer). But I didnā€™t even think to consider gear ratio. The manual transmission should help in that regardā€¦still, though, not too late to cancel and go to 32s.

What are your thoughts, O wise internet stranger?
Sponsored

Last edited: