Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sure if this thread is helping me with my decision or making it harder. :unsure:
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not sure if this thread is helping me with my decision or making it harder. :unsure:
I know the feeling. I am placing my order with dealer Wednesday on a (I think) Big Bend, 2 door, 2.3 7 speed in either Rapid Red or Race Red. I wan't a locker, that's the main thing making me go BB over base. Do I "need" a locker??? Probably not. I honestly think the base is a better value, and that makes me have conflicting thoughts on just doing a base Rapid Red, swapping wheels and tires day 1 ($1,500) and having tint installed for $200. I would not have to put any of my planned $5k down, still have $3,500 left after wheels and tires and then build as I go. But, I'll probably do BB. I'd rather regret spending more than I think the package is worth, than not getting a few things like the locker and being miserable....ughhh!!!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the $5,000 extra or whatever it is for Big Bend you can get a Base and Sasquatch it. Base + Sasquatch package pretty much gives you one of the most Off-roading capable rigs in the industry for around $40k. Oh and let's not forget it also gives you the coolest fender badge in the industry. šŸ˜‰

Screenshot_20210313-195953_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forum and Iā€™m so excited about the upcoming Bronco. Iā€™m looking to get a 2 door however Iā€™m debating whether to go with a Base vs. a Big Bend. I really donā€™t want to spend $40K+ for something I take occasionally off-road and pull a small camper. Of course Ford is business smart and makes you step up to the Big Bend to have the ability to add a trailer hitch and limited slip. Itā€™s nearly $5K more over a Base model just to unlock these and other options! Is that really worth it? What other standard features does a Big Bend give you over a Base?
BB doesn't offer much over Base IMO. I would use the extra $5k-ish and add Sasquatch to your Base. You'll have a far more capable vehicle with higher resale value. You can easily add a trailer hitch any time.

OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ended up going Base but did not add Sasquatch as it requires adding an Auto. Manual or nothing here...

Sponsored

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ended up going Base but did not add Sasquatch as it requires adding an Auto. Manual or nothing here...
I went Big Bend because the wifey was like Heated seats, remote start or nothing LOL

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went Big Bend because the wifey was like Heated seats, remote start or nothing LOL
I want heated seats, but I can't get them on the Big Bend because the manual transmission is priority #1.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Notes from Super Cel:
Base steering wheel is definitely base. Itā€™s a hard grainy plastic. That said, they did a good job of making it not look cheap. From ten feet away, it would be hard to tell the difference unless you knew what to look for. The Big Bendā€™s leather wrapped steering wheel is nicer to the touch and has a nice sheen to it. Although, if you donā€™t care about that sort of thing, Ford didnā€™t penalize you for going Base. After seeing the Base in person, it is not a stripper model by any means. It has the blandest interior for sure, but it is not a downgrade.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in the BaseSas or stock BD debate, trying to figure out how badly I want MGV and Mid. I'm starting to realize that Big Bend might be my sweet spot to get Sas, Mid and do aftermarket seats through Katzkin. Washout floors would just go bye bye.

I'm really thinking Big Bend if my quote comes back from Granger in my budget, might be the best option for me. It's been a long road to figure this out.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My ass can just be cold. I'm not spending $800+ on seat covers.
Katzkin is not a seat cover. It is a complete reupholster of the seats. You have to remove the factory cloth and replace with leather. This how the dealerships add leather seats to vehicles when it is not offered from the factory.

mibi

Badlands
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Epenney-- re heated seats: i remember the LR discovery form about 15-20 years ago--- the seats all had the heated mechanism built in, and the "option" merely added a switch to power them.. the wiring was all there.. maybe Ford will do the same!
Sponsored