K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mention basebase to point to the type of tire it will have not trim performance differences.

I don't really have the means to store extra tires during the non snow seasons so that's why I was wondering about a 4x4 vs let's say my fwd fusion that I currently own.
As far as tires.... my opinion is that the wide 35’s on Sasquatch will be worse than skinnier tires that come on the bronco trims. Wider is not always better in snow. Mud yes but snow no
Sponsored

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The shorter wheelbase 2 door will be worse than a 4 door in the snow/ice. The longer the wheelbase, the easier it is to control in a slide (intentional or accidental). Snow tires and common sense driving with slower driver inputs and it’ll get you where you need to go.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as tires.... my opinion is that the wide 35’s on Sasquatch will be worse than skinnier tires that come on the bronco trims. Wider is not always better in snow. Mud yes but snow no
Agree, will go narrower when I replace mine...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First and foremost when it comes to winter driving is the driver mod. If you don't know what your doing it doesn't matter what vehicle you're in.

I drove my mustangs year round and never once added snow tires or weight in the back. Got around just fine on the factory all seasons mostly because I knew what I was foing and knew what the limits of the vehicle were. Never got stuck once in the 8 years I had mustangs, but also knew if there was a certain amount of snow I wasn't going anywhere lol.

Sponsored

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has started to become a consideration of mine recently while contemplating my build (2 door manual badlands) - I might be able to land a 2021 MY if I don’t go squatch. Benefit with getting the 33’s though is more tire options especially winter tires.
at least that’s what my general research has shown me. anything that might help me feel better about having to wait until a 2022 model year, while I contemplate the dilemma of man squatch no man squatch

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t get snow until December?! Damn we’ve had snow since September lol

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mention basebase to point to the type of tire it will have not trim performance differences.

I don't really have the means to store extra tires during the non snow seasons so that's why I was wondering about a 4x4 vs let's say my fwd fusion that I currently own.
BaseBase will be just fine in snow. I live in a remote mountain village in Montana and I am getting a BaseBase too.

Like most have said, getting dedicated winter tires is best, but it sounds like that is not an option for you. That’s ok, if you had to choose any trim Bronco to use in the snow with no tire swap, the 255/70/16 all-season tires on the Base are probably the best way to go out of all the Bronco trims.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My parents live up a hill, and anything short of 4hi, awd or good tires is gonna get stuck

My old 'stang had Michelin AS3+ and while there came a time the limits were apparent, still did fine.

Get snow tires and call it a day.

OP
OP
Southside_Ray

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You don’t get snow until December?! Damn we’ve had snow since September lol

We've had a couple of smaller snow storms, but this one dumped 10 inches on us lol

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve watched enough South Park to know that you always have snow in Colorado lol
Hahaha not really. Depends on area I guess but Colorado is actually quite nice during the winter and hot as hell in summer.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any AWD or 4x4 with snow tires is an absolute winter beast.
Hell, even FWD with snow tires is a quality winter road machine.
The Bronco Base with proper winter tires will be no different.

*This is based on 32 years of driving in Buffalo, NY winters*

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best Bronco for the snow is the one with snow tires. Dedicated snow tires. Not just 3 Peak tires.

Tires make more of a difference that 4x4 or weight will.
Great point on the "3 Peak" rubber stamp.
That 3 peak rating literally means NOTHING on icy roads. I see 4x4's in the ditch all winter with off-road 3 peak stamps.

True winter tires are the only correct answer for serious winter drivers.
Sponsored