Badlands
Clubs

My two builds are BD and BL both with the following:

Squatch
2.7l engine
Hard Top
Tow
Mid package

The BL comes to $3300 more for signature front lights, sway bar disconnect and different rear lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatch
2.7l engine
Hard Top
Tow
Mid package

The BL comes to $3300 more for signature front lights, sway bar disconnect and different rear lights.
I guess I’m comparing the Sasquatch to the “Squatch-lite”.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current internal debate is BD with 2.7, squatched, and standard pack.

Or BL stick, with a few accessories and standard pack.

Both are about the same price. I just wonder what resale will look like.

At least in the Jeep world, the Rubicon is always worth more than a Willys Sport. Squatch and 2.7 throw a mean curveball into that equation.
I'm not sure the manual Bronco will have the same retention as the Jeep. I could very well be wrong. I just see the Bronco as more of a vehicle for the masses which prefer an automatic. Since so few people drive manuals these days, you lose a large base of potential buyers. Manual Jeeps account for only 10% of sales. Now, if the Bronco manual ended up being rare, then you might have a more dedicated buyer in a sea of automatics. It's hard to tell at this point.

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Squatch
2.7l engine
Hard Top
Tow
Mid package

And rock rails

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to understand why this matters? They're not steps. Not even attached to the frame....
1 - It's better than scratching the body panels when scraping a rock.
2 - Ford claims it can hold the entire vehicle's weight.

Deleted member 14617

The Rubicon is 2.5 hours from me and I will be using my BL there after the shiny parts and newness start to lessen. I don't know too many people that will "need" the sway bar disconnect but it is nice for me to have for my future. If I was not doing the Rubicon, I would get a BD. Note: I have a '70 EB that I use now for the Sierra Mountain rocks.
2.5 hours from San Jose if you leave at 7:14am on a Tuesday. 5-9 hours back on a Sunday. ;)

I used to live in the Bay Area... It's got a lot of nice things about it, but I never found the "3 hours to the mountains, 1 hour to the beach" to be true unless I took vacation time.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.5 hours from San Jose if you leave at 7:14am on a Tuesday. 5-9 hours back on a Sunday. ;)

I used to live in the Bay Area... It's got a lot of nice things about it, but I never found the "3 hours to the mountains, 1 hour to the beach" to be true unless I took vacation time.
Yes. I am fortunate and very appreciative that I have an uncle who lives in South Lake Tahoe. My ride back home is first to his place then later back to the Bay Area. Going there, I usually leave around 5-5:30AM any day of the week and it is about the same time. You just need to get past Sacramento by 7AM and you're all good. When I am going to the Rubicon, I usually take a two week vacation and not stress about the time.

Also when I am at my place in San Francisco, it's only 10 minutes to the beach. It's just so damn expensive to live the city. Being a multi-generation native has made it easier for me.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After playing with B&P many many times, I have come to one conclusion: I really want the MGV seats. So...

I built a BD with 2.7 auto, squatched, mid package and tow package.

Then I built a Badlands, 2.3 manual, mid package, tow package, and it came in at a very similar price. Oh yeah, it’s got the MIC roof, ROOF rails, door bags as well as signature lights, a grill I prefer, and the high level dash display.

God Bless America I think I’m headed to SOUTH DAKOTA!
Plus you keep your man card with the manual tranny.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus you keep your man card with the manual tranny.
I like to drive manny, but I'm really tempted to enjoy the remote start. I've never had one of those. And we get some severe snow off of Lake Ontario...

Deleted member 14617

Yes. I am fortunate and very appreciative that I have an uncle who lives in South Lake Tahoe. My ride back home is first to his place then later back to the Bay Area. Going there, I usually leave around 5-5:30AM any day of the week and it is about the same time. You just need to get past Sacramento by 7AM and you're all good. When I am going to the Rubicon, I usually take a two week vacation and not stress about the time.

Also when I am at my place in San Francisco, it's only 10 minutes to the beach. It's just so damn expensive to live the city. Being a multi-generation native has made it easier for me.
Sounds awesome. My dogs would love Fort Funston, but are not likely to ever see it. My husband is 4th generation CA, but we never had any access to housing in cool places.

It says you live in Fremont. I lived there once. We lived in a cul de sac with about 5 houses and (no exaggeration) 11 pickups.

You should have a great time in SF with your Bronco. I loved driving my Jeep there - it was so much easier than most of the gutless cars that I usually have had. But how are the hill starts on a motorcycle? Am I remembering correctly that it's OK to slip the clutch more on a motorcycle?

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rock rails are standard on both models
The build and price shows rock rails, but if you click on the optional rock rails it says only standard on BL??????

What about this comparison - same price on both:
BD with Squatch, V6 and automatic
BL without Squatch, 4banger and manual + beadlock capable wheels upgrade

If you don't want the interior packages the BL just gets you lights, sway-bar disconnect - and I think body-mounted rock rails.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The build and price shows rock rails, but if you click on the optional rock rails it says only standard on BL??????

If you don't want the interior packages the BL just gets you lights, sway-bar disconnect - and I think body-mounted rock rails.
Happy to hand over my rock rails in trade for some tube steps that are useful! I don't crawl.....

ptalbert33

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/1974 F100/1977 Lincoln Cont/2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

I thought that the rock rails were standard on the BD.
Sponsored