Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kind of dig the non-signature lights in front. It's the rears I'm more sad about, and wonder if the lenses can just be changed out.
Forgot about the tail lights! I guess I may have to look at them and figure that out now.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is such a tough decision for me. My BD build was $4k less than my BL build. So I need to decide myself if the $4k is worth it for front locker and electric sway disconnect.
Hmmm, where will I go that will require front locker and sway bar disconnect?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this is what I’m asking myself. I’m planning a trip next year to take on trails in CO and then head out to Moab. I feel like front locker will be useful out there along with sway disconnect. My current rig I took out sway bar altogether but don’t have a front locker, would have came in handy a few times but not sure if enough times to warrant the $4k yet. Since around Midwest not many places we need it

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Rubicon is 2.5 hours from me and I will be using my BL there after the shiny parts and newness start to lessen. I don't know too many people that will "need" the sway bar disconnect but it is nice for me to have for my future. If I was not doing the Rubicon, I would get a BD. Note: I have a '70 EB that I use now for the Sierra Mountain rocks.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sway bar disconnect I can deal without, but I know what lockers can do and won’t have another 4x4 without them. I also know how much they are to upgrade later down the road. We also don’t know how hard or if it will be possible to change/add later!

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sway bar disconnect I can deal without, but I know what lockers can do and won’t have another 4x4 without them. I also know how much they are to upgrade later down the road. We also don’t know how hard or if it will be possible to change/add later!
I decided on BD, probably more than what I'll do on the trails, but it's available if I decide to. I can't wait.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone going with the Standard electronics package?

My BD comes to: $44,730

My preferred BL comes to: $46,060

Difference: $1,330

Sponsored

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sway bar disconnect being with a flip of a switch would be nice if you are out climbing some mountains where it’s freezing outside and don’t want to get out to unbolt the sway bar but you are correct. Realistically it’s not “needed” as you can remove the other sway bars manually. Buts it’s a cool feature to have if you are on some trails where you need to get up some rocks, click off sway bar, climb said rocks, click on sway bar and away you go
Yes it’s nice to have the ability to flip a switch, but what won’t be great is when it breaks, or shorts out.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it’s nice to have the ability to flip a switch, but what won’t be great is when it breaks, or shorts out.
At which point you break out a couple wrenches, manually unbolt the end links, tie them out of the way, and keep on wheeling. 5 minutes, max. Not a big deal.

In any event, given the pretty darn good reliability of this type of automotive electro-hydraulic system these days, I doubt I'll ever need to crawl under the truck to undo the links.

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the sway bar disconnect break on my 2015 powerwagon. If it wasn't on warranty, it would have been replaced with a regular sway bar from another dodge 2500 (very expensive to replace). Im still trying to decide if its worth getting the BL just for the swaybar disconnect of if I should just go base sasquatch instead.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has a trim level problem, or they gave us 3 trim levels and 4 special editions and never clarified that fact.

I would say that for certain, First Edition is a special edition. I mean, it is limited in production and limited to it's standard options, plus it has a custom color option and special graphics. Everyone knows that FE is a special edition.

I would also contend that Wildtrack meets most Special Edition checkboxes. It has custom graphics, it is limited to a unique interior, and it is locked into a group of options. It was the only one going to be available with a glossy black top. It's a special edition all day.

I would also contend that Black Diamond is a Special Edition. It has a unique interior and a unique off-road and unique wheels. it is a low-price-point special edition off-roader.

Base Model is the last special edition. It is more limited in options than the Big Bend, has less colors available, and I doubt ford will put many on dealers lots. (in the future). Base is the fourth Special Edition, like a stripped-down race car chassis.

That makes Big Bend, OBX, and Badlands the three main trim levels. The only confusing part after that is that Sasquatch and the 2.7l has been made available across the board. So that is three Trim levels and four special editions, which would make so much more sense than six trim levels and one Special Edition.

This would line up with Wrangler, where Sport = Big Bend, Sahara = OBX, and Rubicon = Badlands. And the rest are one-off special editions like the Willy's or the 80th Anniversary.

Interesting way of looking at it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forget about the 35's for a moment, all the rest of the upgraded driveline puts the Badlands far, FAR above every lesser trim until you Squatch them.

Ford's tech reps comment on anything less than a Badlands is 32" tires max.
Keep that in mind.

After adding Squatch to those lesser trims, the price is very close to the Badlands...EXCEPT for a BaseSquatch or BaseManSquatch, which becomes a hell of a value leader for a plain janer with one hell of a drivetrain.

A BaseManSquatch @ $36k-ish (with a winter climate package should one ever exist) would be about all I'd ever need and be happy as hell with it for a long long time.
Sponsored