Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have the ram but no Bronco "yet". I went with it because it works with the Mabett USB. Plan on putting my Garmin Tread and Go Pro on it and have read both good and bad reports. We'll see.........

Forgot to mention, I'm going to use the "diamond" shaped mounts with "T" bolts so they are going to add some stiffness to the rail.
Sponsored

Last edited:

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know you said you'd like no drill/screw, but the Bulletpoint RubiGrid system is awesome. The base does screw to the dash, but in the unlikely event that I ever want to remove it, I'll just get some of those rubber inserts for the dash to cover up the holes.
I ordered this, should be in soon. I wasn't aware it required drilling. That's a bummer. Hope I like it.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered this, should be in soon. I wasn't aware it required drilling. That's a bummer. Hope I like it.
If you can get past the idea of screwing into the dash, I think you will like it. It's really not that big of a deal as they make no-slip rubber inserts to go in the dash recesses that would cover up the holes if you ever removed the base. For me, I see no reason that I would ever remove it...

Also, if you were really opposed to using screws, you could probably get by with judicious use of 3M tape.
Ford Bronco Best Dash Rail Mount? 1000007544

Ford Bronco Best Dash Rail Mount? 1000007542

Last edited:

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you can get past the idea of screwing into the dash, I think you will like it. It's really not that big of a deal as they make no-slip rubber inserts to go in the dash recesses that would cover up the holes if you ever removed the base. For me, I see no reason that I would ever remove it...

Also, if you were really opposed to using screws, you could probably get by with judicious use of 3M tape.
I like this one but don’t think it will work with the Mabett/IAG USB dock.

Last edited:

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the archetype racing SLAP BPM it is small with only 3 mounting points, looks great, and is rock solid. Probably not for everyone but it fits my needs well

Sponsored
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the Tackform. It is really beefy and has enough room to mount two gauges and my GoPro.

Many thanks all for the input--it's what makes this a great community!

Ford Bronco Best Dash Rail Mount? 20240112_181629

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you use all 6 screws into the dash

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know you said you'd like no drill/screw, but the Bulletpoint RubiGrid system is awesome. The base does screw to the dash, but in the unlikely event that I ever want to remove it, I'll just get some of those rubber inserts for the dash to cover up the holes.
I checked with a few current owners and they are satisfied just using the 3M tape that comes with it. I have the RubiGrid on my Ram and love it. As far as using the grab handles I just took a mini tablet clamp and used BulletPoint hardware on it. The clamp had a 25mm ball and BulletPoint uses 20mm but they also sell upsize arm clamp ends or ball ends.
No reason this wouldn't work on the side grab handles. With 2 ball pivot points options are pretty broad. I also like the wireless auto-clasping phone holder. This is the small one and it is just big enough for my iPhone 11 or 15 with a moderately think case. If it was an Otterbox case or something similar. it wouldn't fit. They do have a larger phone clamp.
Sorry about the bad pick but it should get the idea across.
Ford Bronco Best Dash Rail Mount? Phone clam

Sponsored

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I went with the Ram Rail as I installed the Mabett dock and it is the only one that required a slight modification for the USB A. Both USB B's are clear. I had my Garmin Tread Overland with the "C" ball and long, aluminum, "C" Arm and its total weight was over 4 lbs. It did shake to much but considering the weight I wasn't surprised. I moved the Tread to a "B" size ball and Bulletpoint Arm off the console and I am using the rail for my GoPro, Phone and Gamin 200i. No issues.

JimCA

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a rail similar Ram mount. Works great for what I need it for and is plenty rigid. Pic of rail showing my patent pending ball cap clip.

1704731183365.png
Nice upgrade from the clothespin! I need to do the same; I regret it every time I throw the hat into the backseat. 2 door problems.

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with the Ram Rail as I installed the Mabett dock and it is the only one that required a slight modification for the USB A. Both USB B's are clear. I had my Garmin Tread Overland with the "C" ball and long, aluminum, "C" Arm and its total weight was over 4 lbs. It did shake to much but considering the weight I wasn't surprised. I moved the Tread to a "B" size ball and Bulletpoint Arm off the console and I am using the rail for my GoPro, Phone and Gamin 200i. No issues.

CallElk got pics.. I don't have a lux pkg with the power port up front and i despise cords hanging everywhere. I can't find a solution. Thanks!
Sponsored