Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wavian Jerry cans would be my recommendation. Ive tried many different solutions over the years on my old Tacoma.

Random comments below in no particular order
- https://wavianusa.com/collections/nato-fuel-cans
- I’m NOT a fan of the rotopax fuel cells, but they do have their application exceptions. The CA compliant spout that comes with their fuel cans are complete garbage. Throw them in the garbage and order a water spout. Seriously, right in the garbage.
- all fuel cans will need to be burped regularly to allow for pressure change so don’t overfill them out they will splash you.
- all fuel cans should be stored outside the vehicle.
- in the long run a rear bumper with a swing gate is the ultimate solution. JCR is the only one I’ve seen so far. https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6RV.html

I will be watching the aftermarket closely here. The rear bumper is far more important to me than the front. I had a High clearance bushmaster rear bumper with dual swing outs and dual camp tables on my Tacoma and it was awesome. Having the ability to easily carry water or extra fuel is a must, especially given the size of the gas tank on the 2D.
Okay that’s dope. I never knew a thing like that existed. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope you aren’t getting 18mpg for a best case. I am averaging 22 in town with the 2.3L. I hope my 3 gallons will get me 50 miles to a gas station puttering around on a trail lol. If not, that is just piss poor planning on my behalf Or i poked a hole in my tank lol
Ford Bronco Best Jerry Can image

Hold my beer

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought process when I crossed this bridge...

-wanted something that was proven in the field and made in the USA.
-I used jerry cans in the military A LOT and they are unwieldy when trying to pour anything except dumping it into a fuel tank. Like filling a canteen or washing something is impossible with a 5-gal.
-My wife is not about to carry 2 full jerry cans of water anywhere.
-i borrowed a friends rotopax fuel/water combo and was impressed.

I bought the 1.75 gal square size: 1 x fuel ,2 water. and one each of the gas/water 1 gallon size.

I recommend them all the time and have given some as gifts. they are easy to store, well built and have never leaked on me. The jerry cans we used in the military were prone to leaking.
Sponsored