First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a two door OBX with the trektop. I did not notice a big difference in the noise levels when I changed over in the spring or back to the hardtop in Nov. We also had a dual top Wrangler and I thought the noise levels are much lower in the Bronco compared to that.

I’m a big fan of the trektop. I think it’s incredibly well constructed, operates easily (folding back, removing windows, etc). I love the slant back and the fact that it folds all the way back but not down to the back of the truck. I realize not everyone likes that feature.

It is much more complicated to install and remove though. My only comparison is with the wrangler. I had Ford install it and it took them several hours to do it (they charged me for 2). I removed both the wrangler top and trektop myself (with my son) the same day and the wrangler took me 5-10 mins. The trektop took me about 45-50 mins. But, a lot of the installed soft top pieces stay on under the hardtop so now having that experience of knowing where everything goes I think the reinstall will be faster.
Sponsored

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
on the 2 door, you pull it out from the bottom and flip it over the top. Super easy and fast.
I was under the impression that you can't switch the Best Top Soft Top with a Hard Top. That it is permanent.. Is that true?

DennerJohn

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, C7, MBe300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like the looks of the Best Top but 3 things keep me from switching. 1) doesn't fold all the way back to tail gate; love the OEM soft top look in that position. 2) when Best Top is folded back, twill fabric sags in the middle blocking view out rear window. OEM does not do that. 3) The OEM top makes it super easy to access rear cargo area with just a release of two latches, especially with the gas strut add-on's. Flipping the window up on the Best Top is not nearly as convenient, especially in the rain. OEM top for me.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agree 100%, kind of insane you can't bring the top all the way down. It's the best looking and most fun way to drive a bronco and we're locked out because of the tapered rear?
@prospectfour @tfishmandesign A fully convertible soft top for the 2 door Bronco is a topic of discussion right now!
~Crystal@Bestop

Bestop_Team

First Edition
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was under the impression that you can't switch the Best Top Soft Top with a Hard Top. That it is permanent.. Is that true?
@rfiorillo the top is permanent, you just have to unbolt the soft top and its hardware in order to put the Hardtop back on.
~Crystal@Bestop

Sponsored

Bestop_Team

First Edition
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Like the looks of the Best Top but 3 things keep me from switching. 1) doesn't fold all the way back to tail gate; love the OEM soft top look in that position. 2) when Best Top is folded back, twill fabric sags in the middle blocking view out rear window. OEM does not do that. 3) The OEM top makes it super easy to access rear cargo area with just a release of two latches, especially with the gas strut add-on's. Flipping the window up on the Best Top is not nearly as convenient, especially in the rain. OEM top for me.
@DennerJohn thank you for the feedback!
~Crystal@Bestop

Bestop_Team

First Edition
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will say that currently, I am extremely unhappy with the 2 door Bestop Trektop. The noise levels are unbearable above 70 mph. I wish I had a dB meter to quantify it (I am probably going to order one).
@mpeugeot have you reached out to Customer Service about the noise level? If not, I would encourage you to, they can help! 800.845.3567, option 3. They're open Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm, MST.
~Crystal@Bestop

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Bestop_Team, any plans for additional colors in the future? I know several of us would love a tan top.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have both tops for my 22 Outerbanks. Factory hard top and best top trektop. I switch them with the changing seasons. Love the trektop! I keep begging Bestop to make a duster that uses the same rail as the soft windows.
@Johnny be good I'm glad you're loving your Trektop! As for your Duster suggestion, I'll share your feedback with the team! Thank you!
~Crystal@Bestop

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@mpeugeot have you reached out to Customer Service about the noise level? If not, I would encourage you to, they can help! 800.845.3567, option 3. They're open Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm, MST.
~Crystal@Bestop
Not yet, because I want to have good data. I put it on only a week ago, once I have some noise measurements to quantify how bad it is, I won't sound like a raving nut.

pgordon888

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncWTRK; 2019 F350 Bagged; 2014 GTR 1200hp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@tfishmandesign nothing that's fully convertible for the 4 door yet, that might be the next discussion?
~Crystal@Bestop

I would buy one the same day you make this happen. My plan is to hold off on my soft top purchase for a fully convertible option to swap out for my MIC in the summer. I think you would sell a bunch given that Ford does not sell their OEM soft top ala carte.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bestop answer some of the remarks/questions but:

There is no sagging of the Bestop Trektop in the middle as noted above. It folds all the way back leaving both rows open and I can’t remember 1 time it blocked the rear view. It was the complete opposite of our Wrangler top, which always sagged, hit rear passengers heads, etc.

It is removable. It’s not easy but I started with my hardtop, switched to the TrekTop in the spring and then switched back in November.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang , 2007 Jeep Liberty , 2015 Jeep Chero
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a 2dr or 4? Curious, if you have a 2dr, how much of an ass-pain it is switching between the tops.

I just ordered a Trektop for my 2dr. It's in the mail...
Do you have a 2dr or 4? Curious, if you have a 2dr, how much of an ass-pain it is switching between the tops.

I just ordered a Trektop for my 2dr. It's in the mail...
I have a 2 door.
Bestop sends all their hardware with threadlocker on the bolts. I wire brushed it off before install and just a drop of never cease so when I switched back to hard top the would be easier. I’m thinking of changing the torx and Allen heads to standard 6 sided heads.
Sponsored