Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Ford Dealer is Denying it and I have attached their reasoning of why they're saying No to even asking Ford to Warranty my Rear Axle.
Did you post this somewhere? I didn’t see it attached to your first post. Just curious as to what they said.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Plug welding is the norm across the board. And under normal circumstances is sufficient.

But like all parts, if you over work it or over stress it, it will break. If you were to fully weld the axle tubes and something is over stressed like in this scenario, then the damage could possibly be worse. In my opinion, when you shear a plug weld, you are relieving the stress immediately vs full axle twist.
100% my thoughts exactly.

its a designed relief.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Ducati1098 , I have for the most part had great relationships with my dealers and I guess that goes a long way in how your treated. Even in the short terms between PCS'g around the country in the military. But if I ever disagreed with a warranty decision I have always gotten resolve from either the engineers or upper management. But I see where you are coming from. Cool beans!!

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m guessing between the non-factory upgrades you made and the way I suspect you were using TTA, you have no shot at getting warranty to pay for this. Warranties are for stock and warranty approved factory additions (like the Ford Performance Tune). Some of you guys need to learn to either be patient and save the spending on alterations until the factory warranty expires, or accept you are pissing away the benefit of a factory warranty to satisfy your immediate gratification. This goes for every vehicle by every company, not just Bronco or Ford.

OP
OP
badbronc4x4

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m guessing between the non-factory upgrades you made and the way I suspect you were using TTA, you have no shot at getting warranty to pay for this. Warranties are for stock and warranty approved factory additions (like the Ford Performance Tune). Some of you guys need to learn to either be patient and save the spending on alterations until the factory warranty expires, or accept you are pissing away the benefit of a factory warranty to satisfy your immediate gratification. This goes for every vehicle by every company, not just Bronco or Ford.
Actually Warranty will always apply even with aftermarket parts unless the Dealer or Ford can prove the aftermarket parts or installation from the off-road shop was the issue. As you can see shitty welds.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Warranty coverage is completely up to the dealer unless there is some sort of prior approval for a part (which most things do not have)
Also I don’t think any customer has the right to request an FSE to come out, however they do have the right to contact Ford directly if they believe something being denied should be covered. In which case Ford may then send out an FSE.

That being said, I do believe most good dealerships would automatically involve Ford or an FSE in this situation. I know for a fact that my dealership would. Unfortunately not all dealerships are the same.

Either way, this should be a warrantable concern in my eyes.
I'm having a warranty issue with my dealer, what is FSE. Thanks

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
badbronc4x4

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely, the 37” tires will increase the torque/stress on these parts. What should Fords responsibility be?
A Larger Tire will not produce more Torque if anything it would decrease the Torque. Larger diameter tire or rolling circumference would actually give you less Torque but give you more top end in comparison to a smaller tire.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does have LIFT ME BABY! embossed on the inner fender wells.... just saying...
Yeah, If Ford denies my suspension warranty for a 2" lift, I envision taking the jury outside and having them read my inner fender well one at a time.

Last edited: