Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking at suspension options for Overlanding, hauling weight of aftermarket bumpers, rack, RTT, etc etc and know OME offers kits for Light, Medium, Heavy. I would get the Heavy kit but my buddies are steering me towards Bilstein 6100. I suspect the springs that come with 6112 are not near the Heavy status so I’m pinging all of you for advice on springs to match my needs for the 6100 ……OR should I stay with OME? They think OME shocks are just like Bilstein 5100 of which I do not want.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you SAS or non-Sas? How big of a tire? Very few people running OME, I think maybe 2 people?

I would really go coilovers if your looking at adding a lot of weight. The benefit of being able to adjust height and bigger shock body is a win win.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you SAS or non-Sas? How big of a tire? Very few people running OME, I think maybe 2 people?

I would really go coilovers if your looking at adding a lot of weight. The benefit of being able to adjust height and bigger shock body is a win win.
Unfortunately with the last Ford announcement I had to remove SAS but I could reconcile that cuz I’d already planned to replace the suspension system, 37s, and 0 offset wheels.

I was laser focused on both OME BP51 and ICON Stage 6-8 but once I saw the issues of the full length springs interfering with tie rod, swaybar, etc I wondered if that maybe the wrong fitment choice. I definitely see the advantage of adjustability. I did wonder if reservoirs were overkill for me

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I went 6112s. I bought a pair of OME heavy front springs to look at. Considerable difference, more coils and taller, more preload I would assume. My front end weighs about 200lbs over stock and my rear takes some of the 150lbs of sliders, 80lbs of belly skids, and about 100lbs of gear. OME shocks/springs limit you to only OME springs due to design..

I am completely satisfied. I like the on road ride. It's a step up from SAS. I don't do high speed off-roading so I never saw the need for external reservoirs. I have a Badlands SAS as well, the ride is better with the 6112s on the small bumps/speed pumps/pot holes.

Eibachs would be another choice.... but I wanted to be different and try something. I have no regrets.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went 6112s. I bought a pair of OME heavy front springs to look at. Considerable difference, more coils and taller, more preload I would assume. My front end weighs about 200lbs over stock and my rear takes some of the 150lbs of sliders, 80lbs of belly skids, and about 100lbs of gear. OME shocks/springs limit you to only OME springs due to design..

I am completely satisfied. I like the on road ride. It's a step up from SAS. I don't do high speed off-roading so I never saw the need for external reservoirs. I have a Badlands SAS as well, the ride is better with the 6112s on the small bumps/speed pumps/pot holes.

Eibachs would be another choice.... but I wanted to be different and try something. I have no regrets.
How did you know the 6112 spring was equivalent to the OME Heavy? Did you consider different springs to use with the 6100? Is the OME shock more equivalent to 5100 than 6100?

Sponsored

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The main reason I'm considering the 6112's over Eibach coils is the on road driving experience, mainly the front end dive and body roll. We would only be slow speed off-roading in our Sasquatch Badlands.

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would highly consider this system from Eibach. It’s made in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty. Fully adjustable as well!

https://www.neo-garage.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-eibach-stage-2-coilover-system
What makes this system better than either OME Heavy or Bilstein 6112 with the correct Overlanding springs?

There are a plethora of systems available out there but what I don’t want to do is buy/install the wrong system then load up my Bronco with bumpers,RTT, winch, fridge, gear, etc and watch it sag and struggle. And my future long term goal might be to pull a Turtleback Overlanding trailer.

I was laser focused on ICON and OME BP51 but am considering other options. ICON has not released there heavy springs yet

B490E98F-52A7-4532-9653-E5471A221D46.jpeg

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Spring preload = fully adjustable? Is there compression and rebound adjustment? 🤔
There is no compression or rebound adjustment. I guess my wording could be confusing, but it was referring to the height adjustability. Since it's not on set notches like the Bilstein's you can fine tune the ride height to be exact. If you want internal adjustments you need to look at Icon, FOX, King, ADS.

Sponsored

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What makes this system better than either OME Heavy or Bilstein 6112 with the correct Overlanding springs?

There are a plethora of systems available out there but what I don’t want to do is buy/install the wrong system then load up my Bronco with bumpers,RTT, winch, fridge, gear, etc and watch it sag and struggle. And my future long term goal might be to pull a Turtleback Overlanding trailer.

I was laser focused on ICON and OME BP51 but am considering other options. ICON has not released there heavy springs yet

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OEM Kits B490E98F-52A7-4532-9653-E5471A221D46
Well, you can get around the added weight with these by just adjusting the lower spring perch, since it's threaded, like I mentioned earlier, you can really dial in the height and as you add weight, you can just adjust them right on the Bronco. Icon & FOX are identical if you go with the true 2.5 stage kits. The biggest benefit with Eibach is the warranty though. You are pretty much set on suspension for the life of the vehicle as long as Eibach is still in business and producing these.

I've seen so many people run OME stuff on Toyota's over the last 12 years, and I've removed dozens of OMe kits. They are great to start with, but really don't ride good or last long at all. In my opinion it's not far off from Rough Country.

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OEM Kits B490E98F-52A7-4532-9653-E5471A221D46
Bilstein coilovers are digressive where as Eibach is progressive. Your application is going to determine what you want to put on your vehicle.

https://accutuneoffroad.com/articles/digressive-vs-linear-vs-progressive-pistons-shock-valving/

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, you can get around the added weight with these by just adjusting the lower spring perch, since it's threaded, like I mentioned earlier, you can really dial in the height and as you add weight, you can just adjust them right on the Bronco. Icon & FOX are identical if you go with the true 2.5 stage kits. The biggest benefit with Eibach is the warranty though. You are pretty much set on suspension for the life of the vehicle as long as Eibach is still in business and producing these.

I've seen so many people run OME stuff on Toyota's over the last 12 years, and I've removed dozens of OMe kits. They are great to start with, but really don't ride good or last long at all. In my opinion it's not far off from Rough Country.
Ok. Let’s then boil this down to 2 options

1) Eibach Stage 2
2) Bilstein 6100/6112

Which has the proper spring for my application? I get the adjustability of Eibach being much easier. That is definitely a plus

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1) Eibach Stage 2
2) Bilstein 6100/6112

Which has the proper spring for my application? I get the adjustability of Eibach being much easier. That is definitely a plus
A retailer selling just one of those two options is not going to be the unbiased opinion you're looking for. I shared a link, you'll have to do some reading on your own.

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

1) Eibach Stage 2
2) Bilstein 6100/6112

I’ll actually be rolling to the shop in about 15 minutes. I can crack open one kit and confirm spring rates.
Another thing to note with Eibach (100% for front) they use a spring that they make hundreds of variations with. So if you needed to bump up spring rate, you can do so, the rear being a proprietary spring (I know they’re working on different versions) that will be what you get u til they release new spring rates over time.
I hope that makes some sense.

it’s like with Icon 2.5s for example, they come with a 14”x600# spring if I recall correctly, but then you can swap to a 14x650 or 14x700 if needed.
Sponsored