Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all comes down to what you will use it for to see if it’s worth the upgrade (also your own budget to spend on a car). If you don’t plan to offroad, then you don’t need the sas. For me I got it since I do offroad. For me the stock gearing ratio was worth the upgrade. I may move up to 37s at some point so I’m happy with my decision. Again it just depends on your plans for the vehicle and your budget.

Here’s a good recent topic discussing the difference between the 4.46 and 4.7

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/4-46-vs-4-7-gear-ratio-discussion.57568/

Sponsored

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is $2500...what folks don't notice is the price for automatic transmission goes to $0 on Badlands when Sasquatch is added.
Screenshot_20220624-172747__01.jpg
That's crazy, I just went to the build and price and it's $4000 to add it to a manual, then add it to a 2.7 engine and it's still $4000 but take it off and it only subtracts $2500 and the free auto becomes a $1595 option. Looks like the manual guys get screwed and it costs $4000 more. LOL Hope that makes sense, I'm agreeing with you on the 2.7 and auto build.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is $2500...what folks don't notice is the price for automatic transmission goes to $0 on Badlands when Sasquatch is added.
Ford Bronco BL non vs SAS 633C5DBA-59C0-40B3-8553-1DE2E1C07D93
Ah ha that’s probably it. I have a BL and was just looking at the 23 build and SAS added 4k but didn’t go back to check this.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeh…..precisely why I skipped the squatch on my BL. Like the stock BL wheels better, the BL tires are better, my daughters Base / squatch sits a whopping 1/2 higher than my non squatched BL. Depends on what you like I guess.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you really getting for $4k adding SAS to a Badlands?
BL has front/rear lockers, ADV 4x4, rims, tires, gears, shocks and springs. It’s not like you get them with SAS. You get a slightly different rim, tire size, slightly different shock/spring and a slightly different gear. What makes it $4k more?
In addition to asking what you get with SAS on Badlands, I think people should ask what they need. Because Badlands non-Sas is already extremely capable and can do more than 99% of owners will do, for those owners, Sasquatch is basically an appearance package. In that case, it's probably better to just get 35s and either sell the stock wheels and tires to offset the cost or keep them as an alternate set.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's crazy, I just went to the build and price and it's $4000 to add it to a manual, then add it to a 2.7 engine and it's still $4000 but take it off and it only subtracts $2500 and the free auto becomes a $1595 option. Looks like the manual guys get screwed and it costs $4000 more. LOL Hope that makes sense, I'm agreeing with you on the 2.7 and auto build.
Yes this is EXACTLY how it works! I bought an automatic transmission for someone else in order to get my BL MT SAS! I wish they had given me the transmission in a crate so I could push it off a cliff or something!

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My memory was $2,500

1/2” wider wheels beadlock capable
35” wider tires
Extendo rear camera to see better and different spare carrier very slightly different for brake light and stopper on the bottom.
Bead lock capable my ass! Has ANYBODY been able to get those damn trim rings off without ruining the bolts? They must have used used something beyond red loctite on mine, and I have heard the same from several others.