Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1DB67F71-D0C0-4F10-9FAC-7B3B87F7B7CC.gif

This is how my decision making is going...
BD with the 2.7 if its available with the manual. Squatch if its available in manual and well depending on price. If Ford doesn't care about their customers and they do not make these options available then I guess I will stick with the 2.3 manual BD and toss a roof rack and tow pkg on and call it a day.
Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interior options are going to be my deciding factor. Do I like the marine vinyl look over that really awesome looking carpet photo. With carpet and being fine with Medium package, I can get all the off-road capability I want with any model (some need Sasquatch, BD doesnā€™t). Of course, the final build and price tool will be the ultimate referee.

Musts: Auto, rear locker, medium package (prefer high of course)

I plan to go in to the build tool with an open mind (and patience since itā€™s going to crash like crazy the first few weeks).
Same here, gonna make a few with different trims to see how they come out based on price and features. Iā€™m gonna try to have my build ready shortly after the B&P is live, just so I be ready to submit to my dealer whenever that will happen

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Aaaand, the BD and BL are the only trims that come standard with Molle seatback panels. I guess build and price will determine if they can be ordered from the accessory store for other trims. I was on the basesquatch vs Black Diamond fence. Was. I know the panels can be ordered from Grey Man, but having them screwed to the seatback seems really secure for Broncos intended use.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aaaand, the BD and BL are the only trims that come standard with Molle seatback panels. I guess build and price will determine if they can be ordered from the accessory store for other trims. I was on the basesquatch vs Black Diamond fence. Was. I know the panels can be ordered from Grey Man, but having them screwed to the seatback seems really secure for Broncos intended use.
https://greymantactical.com/
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1601389479022

Nice...er...MOLLE vehicle seat rack

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any ETA on the build/price page? Leaning towards the Sasquatch now but need to see what I need to get rid of to keep my monthly not insane lol

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put down for a Black Diamond 4 door and planning on getting the sasquatch package + hardtop + 2.7 + Antimatter Blue if it doesn't get too much over $50k.. I've got a 2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package that's going to be sacrificed to the Bronco gods to make this happen.

I would go for the Big Bend, except all the armor and interior stuff that comes on the Black Diamond is worth the ~$2700 to me.
I am planning on switching from Outer Banks to BD configured just like you have it listed.

zrockin

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Midnight
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thought Iā€™d get a black diamond thread going for all of us that chose this trim what color is everyone leaning towards I was leaning towards cyber orange but my bro said no way get Area 51 I like Area 51 but canā€™t make out the color it is it has like a greenish bluish hue to it looks gray in some spots hope the dealers will have color swatches
I'm leaning towards the Carbonized Gray. I've had a white Jeep Wranger, Silver Tacoma and now a Black Frontier. I like the way the body lines look with the gray.

Last edited:

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there a picture of the optional Black Aluminum Wheel on the Black Diamond. It is standard with Black Steel. But there are two other options. The Sasquatch rim and a Black Aluminum wheel.

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was planning on getting a black 2 door base with Sasquatch and 2.7L engine. Those all add up and I'm thinking to just get a black diamond and call it a day. Should I sacrifice the bigger engine and the Sasquatch package to get the higher trim? This will be my daily driver and this will be driven into the ground. Or should I at least get this trim and upgrade the engine. the lift and tires I guess I can go the aftermarket route later.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was planning on getting a black 2 door base with Sasquatch and 2.7L engine. Those all add up and I'm thinking to just get a black diamond and call it a day. Should I sacrifice the bigger engine and the Sasquatch package to get the higher trim? This will be my daily driver and this will be driven into the ground. Or should I at least get this trim and upgrade the engine. the lift and tires I guess I can go the aftermarket route later.
Iā€™m in the same boat as you man. Velocity Blue 2 door 2.7L Basesquatch or Area 51 Black Diamond with after market lift once the basic warranty runs out. Iā€™m keeping the 2.7L regardless.

I like to think the build and price will resolve my split decision but who knows lol. I think both options would make me happy. I might have less remorse with the BD just because of the steel bumpers, vinyl seats, rock rails, etc. Ford made all these trims so attractive so thereā€™s really no losing haha.

Sponsored

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there a picture of the optional Black Aluminum Wheel on the Black Diamond. It is standard with Black Steel. But there are two other options. The Sasquatch rim and a Black Aluminum wheel.
Here is the best pic so far of the optional wheels and tires which look MTish. Eventually this Area 51 4-Door Black Diamond with soft top will show up with a better look at the wheels. Build & Price should show the wheels next week.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread Screenshot (3247)

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread Screenshot (3246)

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m in the same boat as you man. Velocity Blue 2 door 2.7L Basesquatch or Area 51 Black Diamond with after market lift once the basic warranty runs out. Iā€™m keeping the 2.7L regardless.

I like to think the build and price will resolve my split decision but who knows lol. I think both options would make me happy. I might have less remorse with the BD just because of the steel bumpers, vinyl seats, rock rails, etc. Ford made all these trims so attractive so thereā€™s really no losing haha.
yep seriously. I can just go base but god damn It I like the idea of running water to clean out the car and letting it drip out. I'm loving all the stuff the black diamond comes with. Man these first world problems are making me lose sleep.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yep seriously. I can just go base but god damn It I like the idea of running water to clean out the car and letting it drip out. I'm loving all the stuff the black diamond comes with. Man these first world problems are making me lose sleep.
This and they aren't offering area 51 on the base because they're terrorists

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the best pic so far of the optional wheels and tires which look MTish. Eventually this Area 51 4-Door Black Diamond with soft top will show up with a better look at the wheels. Build & Price should show the wheels next week.

This would solve my issues with the BD mostly, those look good!! My biggest issues with the BD are the ugly ass standard rims and the fact I canā€™t get the 12ā€ screen. Even my wife agrees with me the 8ā€ looks like an afterthought in the dash. I originally wanted the OB for the signature lights and the screen but I hate those body colored flares and the washout floor and vinyl seats are really nice. Then Badlands gets so damn pricy for a car thatā€™s so overkill for me and my wife so it sucks.

Canā€™t wait to see what B&P has. I know the 12ā€ screen wonā€™t be there but damn man if it is, take my money Ford, Iā€™ll take the BD. I might even without that, but Iā€™d be disappointed.
Sponsored