First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this has been asked before on the forums but does anyone know by chance how tall the BD with Sasquatch will be?
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just read all 33 pages of this thread. I'm not kidding, it took a couple hours but I enjoyed it. I've got too many responses for too many comments, so I just won't lol.

Black diamond, 2 door, 2.3L, manual, hard top, Cyber orange (or maybe one of the reds or blues). Might upgrade tires to 33's. My must-haves are 2-door and manual. Fortunately, those end up being the cheaper options!

God I can't wait to pull up to the grocery store in this thing...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well...I think I'm back to team BD. That's where I was...then I reserved at Badlands. The more I think about it the more I think the Badlands is more truck than I need. I can save a pile of cash getting the BD.

I buddy of mine said the other day that if he's in a situation where he needs a front locker on a $50k truck he probably wouldn't want to be in that situation. I think I agree. I'll be ripping this thing off-road plenty but won't be rock crawling. Rear locker is all I need.

I might still mount some 33s on it. I'll wait and see what each trim looks like in person though.

Also...as superficial as it is I like the BD badge better than the Badlands.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

one of my paths would just go BD from BL and squash the BD and just fork over for a new set of 33s on wheels, I think that route will still save me a ton and I would have a set of 35's for the parks. I would only be missing the sway bar disconnect at that point which I am guessing I could address later on even if its manual. I think the BL with the options I want out of the gate 2.7/A10/modular hard top, is gonna push my budget too high

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well...I think I'm back to team BD. That's where I was...then I reserved at Badlands. The more I think about it the more I think the Badlands is more truck than I need. I can save a pile of cash getting the BD.

I buddy of mine said the other day that if he's in a situation where he needs a front locker on a $50k truck he probably wouldn't want to be in that situation. I think I agree. I'll be ripping this thing off-road plenty but won't be rock crawling. Rear locker is all I need.

I might still mount some 33s on it. I'll wait and see what each trim looks like in person though.

Yep. I'm on this path myself. I'm in Illinois, so it isn't like I'm hitting extreme off-roading around here. If that day comes, it's at least 10 years down the road for me moving to an area like that.

On the topic of superficial, I don't care for the Badlands wheel options, but I love the BD steelies.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this a Black Diamond? I originally reserved the Badlands, but I need something lower due to a handicap. This one might work.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1596609981707
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1596609981707
I don’t believe this is a Black Diamond because it has the fog lights. Either way, it’s a good picture to see the steelies on

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One would think, but the issue will be clearance at full compression and full lock. Backspacing plays a huge part, as well as the wheelwell design and control arms.

I am planning to put either 295/70/17s or 285/75/17s on before I drive it off the lot. I can trim the wheelwell if needed, but I'll have to change wheels if the backspacing doesn't give enough clearance with the control arms.

The 285/70/17s shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah I really would prefer the 295/70s because I like them a little wider. Im not opposed to running a spacer if that's what I need to keep them from rubbing on the inside. At least until I figure out what offset the wheel should have and then get those.

If Ford would just offer a 2" lift I could get that, because what I really want is 315s, but don't want to spend all that money on Sasquatch package, because my hardcore 4 wheeling days are over.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I’d get a black diamond thread going for all of us that chose this trim what color is everyone leaning towards I was leaning towards cyber orange but my bro said no way get Area 51 I like Area 51 but can’t make out the color it is it has like a greenish bluish hue to it looks gray in some spots hope the dealers will have color swatches
Cyber Orange with Orange hardtop for sure. Tubular doors painted body color. 2” lift with 35’s and lockers and call it a day!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I won't believe your post until you update the badge on your user account.. Just saying. Tough crowd here! :)

Turns out my best car buddy reserved a Badlands. He's all about having the most equipment and options on his vehicles (and makes about $200K+ more than I do a year), so he can have all those things. His is sure to top out near $60 OTD with options.

But when I cross shopped them there were only three things that I felt like I wanted from Badlands as I don't intend to get the mid or high package.

1. The locking front diff (which I believe will be a stand-alone $700 option)
2. The 210 front axle (which I believe will come along with the locking diff upgrade mentioned above)
3. The larger 33" tires. (I don't care for 35's on the daily driver and 33's hit the sweet spot) Not sure on option price

The MSRP price difference of $6,045 between BD and BL will end up at an estimated $5,345 OTD price difference with options.... I can do a heck of a lot of other options and personalization yet still come out with a drastically cheaper vehicle by sticking with BD.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I won't believe your post until you update the badge on your user account.. Just saying. Tough crowd here! :)

Turns out my best car buddy reserved a Badlands. He's all about having the most equipment and options on his vehicles (and makes about $200K+ more than I do a year), so he can have all those things. His is sure to top out near $60 OTD with options.

But when I cross shopped them there were only three things that I felt like I wanted from Badlands as I don't intend to get the mid or high package.

2. The 210 front axle (which I believe will come along with the locking diff upgrade mentioned above)
3. The larger 33" tires. (I don't care for 35's on the daily driver and 33's hit the sweet spot) Not sure on option price

The MSRP price difference of $6,045 between BD and BL will end up at an estimated $5,345 OTD price difference with options.... I can do a heck of a lot of other options and personalization yet still come out with a drastically cheaper vehicle by sticking with BD.
That’s why I plan on adding Sasquatch to BD, with the intent to eventually get a second set of wheels/tires(ATs).

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The badge stays until I order. Ha

The only thing I'd really want from the Badlands is the axle. Front locker... Meh... Sway disconnect... I can do manual. Tires... They always need replacing anyway.

I like the one-and-done idea of the Badlands. I can afford either.... But I like to save money where I can. Bronco is already a frivolous purchase. Not sure I need to spend a few thousand more on some buttons.

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every day. New pictures, new info, new thoughts; I get more and more excited. #Hype

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard Black Diamond:
bronco_blackdiamond-jpg.jpg

Black Diamond on 33s:
bronco_blackdiamond_33-jpg.jpg

Black Diamond with the Sasquatch on 35s:
bronco_blackdiamond_35-jpg.jpg

I don't know guys, I'm leaning really hard toward the Black Diamond on 33s with a 2" lift, that would leave me with a locking rear and non-locking front(which is the worst part of going that route for me). I will also forfeit the position sensitive Bilstein shocks and high clearance suspension, fenders etc. IDK, I guess it will boil down to price in the end.

From a post on here, the 2.7L Ecoboost(Est. off F150): $995, 10-speed auto(mandatory for v6)(Est. off Mustang Ecoboost) $1595, Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew) $1135, Sasquatch Package for Badlands: $3055, for the Black Diamond Est. $5055(lacks the upgraded suspension of the bad lands). So my guess is Black Diamond pricing would be:

For the 33s, small engine and manual trans: $36,050(package price) + $2,250 (33s/wheels/lift est) + $1495 (Dealer Delivery) = $39,795 Est.

For the Sasquatch Package and everything that I really want): $36,050(package price) + $995(2.7L V6 upgrade) + $1595 (auto tranny upgrade) +$1135(Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew)) , $5055(Sasquatch) + $1495 Dealer Delivery = $46,325.00 Est.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard Black Diamond:
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread bronco_blackdiamond_35-

Black Diamond on 33s:

Black Diamond with the Sasquatch on 35s:

For the Sasquatch Package and everything that I really want): $36,050(package price) + $995(2.7L V6 upgrade) + $1595 (auto tranny upgrade) +$1135(Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew)) , $5055(Sasquatch) + $1495 Dealer Delivery = $46,325.00 Est.
If these are even close to accurate (I'm not doubting you at all btw), then I'd be in for these upgrades minus Sasquatch. I'd take my BD for $41k. Well under the price of a Badlands with mid, 2.7L and AT upgrades that I think I'd want. Granger pricing from the excel sheet I'd be at ~$38629.

Or for the ~$3700 (2.7L, AT and mid), do I stick these options on the Badlands and roll with the other options, which come standard on the Badlands? Granger pricing from the excel sheet I'd be at ~$44461 LOL. I keep debating... $6k basically for the upgraded front axle, 33" tires and disconnects, Hhhhmmmmm.

Keeping it under $40k for basically everything I'd want is really enticing to switch to team Black Diamond.
Sponsored