Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have been going back and forth between the BD and badlands, but for the price, the black diamond seems to be the best deal. Candidly the only things I would want from the badlands are the signature LED lighting, and 12” screen + B&O audio. Some of that I can add myself later on, and save the upfront cost.
Excited for the configuration system to open!
Sponsored

BroncoJones

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Count me in for a 4Dr BD. Not sure what options, if any, depends on pricing.

Leaning toward Cactus Gray or Area 51.

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got a reservation in early day 2. Want the BD, 2-door, Cyber Orange, with the Mid pkg. Debated the manual, but may go auto as will allow other members of family to drive. I am sure I would be happy with the 2.3L, but may consider the 2.7L. I depends on cost. Curious on price diff between 2.3L with Auto and 2.7L. Key features that led me to the BD with Mid pkg - Rubberized floor, Vinyl seats, heated seats, auto high beams and upgrade under protection. Great for wet dogs and grungy teenagers.

I have to say the 2 door just looks too nice. I know the 4-door may be more practical, but I am going 2 door. I'm keeping my 2010 F150 SuperCrew and wife has newer Honda Pilot, so we have two other vehicles to haul people or stuff. This will be a fun truck for old daddy :)

RMGCO

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm in for the Black Diamond. Thinking I'll do the Sasquatch package (depending on price) and either Cactus Gray or the Area 51. I'm thinking that the Area 51 color seems to be close to the Jeep Sting Gray color maybe not as dark, but that's a complete guess. I hope we can get some samples to see before ordering!
From the picture on the 'Colorizer', it appears to be a Grey / Blue, but I can't really tell. Others are saying it is more Teal. I need to see it on a vehicle or a sample. If it is the Grey / Blue, I'm getting it (since Velocity Blue is not offered on the First Edition)

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First time poster here. This site is great! I just reserved a 2-Door Black Diamond. Not sure on color yet but will order A/T for sure so that my boys can drive it, and probably the Mid package. On my 2017 Jeep Willys, I immediately sold the M/T tires when I bought the vehicle and replaced with Wrangler Duratrac P-rated tires in the same size. Anyone know if P-rated tires will be an option with the Black Diamond instead of the LTs? I love the P-Duratracs because they still look great, but weigh less, drive better and can still handle just about anything except serious rocks.

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Soon to be first time Bronco owner coming from a 2018 Tiguan going with the Black Diamond, 2.7L, auto, and....on the fence about getting squatched. I’m dying to see whah the black Diamond looks like in real life without the Sasquatch package. That and also knowing the increase is price, which everyone wants to know, will help me finalize my decision.

I also hope that that 189.4” in length is to the back of the spare otherwise it’s going to be an outdoor Bronco for its entire life.

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just thought I would mention that I saw a 2-door BD in the flesh today and it looked incredible. The General Grabbers looked nice and knobby and paired well with the steel wheels. The steel front bumper looked awesome too. Even without the Sasquatch package, it had a great stance.
Wasn't sure at first but I'm really beginning to like the black steelies!

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just thought I would mention that I saw a 2-door BD in the flesh today and it looked incredible. The General Grabbers looked nice and knobby and paired well with the steel wheels. The steel front bumper looked awesome too. Even without the Sasquatch package, it had a great stance.
Now, When you say knobby.... Like Exhibit A:
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1595289434774
Or Exhibit B:
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1595289464879

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope this is it. It matches the BD tire description. I want white steelies - and top ?

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad to hear, that's my biggest concern, stance! Sill may put 33" on if given the option and different rims. I just cant get into the "steelies" rims.

Sponsored

dmo1028

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the info! Wish you could’ve snapped a pic but I understand your position. I’m not sold on the steel wheels but your description gives me hope that I’d like them.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope this is it. It matches the BD tire description. I want white steelies - and top ?
I think a lot of folks are going to be dissappointed in those 31.6 inch tires.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have been going back and forth between the BD and badlands, but for the price, the black diamond seems to be the best deal. Candidly the only things I would want from the badlands are the signature LED lighting, and 12” screen + B&O audio. Some of that I can add myself later on, and save the upfront cost.
Excited for the configuration system to open!

To me, the big difference is the front axle. The Badlands has the stronger front axle which might matter if you are doing any rock crawling. I don't, so I hope the little front axle on the BD will be adequate.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No pictures? Would love to see it

Deleted member

@kodiakisland, how much stronger is the M210 front axle in the Badlands vs. the M190 front axle in the BD? I have a BD reserved, but have been going back and forth as I really want both the front and rear lockers (and not just the rear).

I know I could get it all with the Squatch package. However, I don't really need all the other stuff that comes with that package.
Sponsored