First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here, I was basequatch with a auto, this will have to be a decision based on the build and price comparisons.

I'll admit I have 3 reservations right now. Badlands, Black Diamond, and Base. I wanted to go big at first, but I know I'll be going to the aftermarket anyways so why not start with a blank slate (Base) and I don't need the front disconnect.....but the upgrades to Black Diamond just seem like a sweet spot to start off with. I may change my mind by order time, like you said, need to see what's offered from the factory then.
Sponsored

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just placed my reservation for the BD. Glad I waited to figure out what dealership to go with so that I hopefully won't have to change. Will be going for the 4dr, hardtop, 2.7, auto (so wife can drive). And depending on price what package. Still unsure of the color, wife likes white and black. Unsure about that others until I can see them in person as they all look different depending on the image/source online.

Deleted member

@MCG DAWG, I completely agree in that I too would like to see decent pictures of a BD with 32's, a Badlands with 33's, and a Squatch with 35's all side by side by side.

I reserved a BD and am debating the Squatch package or not. All I really want out of that package is the front locker and the M210...the remaining stuff is just a bonus I'm sure I could easily live without.

Deleted member

Quick question for those more knowledgeable than I....

Assuming Ford makes the M210 and front locker available as stand alone options and doesn't force the purchase of the entire Sasquatch package in order to have these two items, what would be involved with changing the 32's to 33's?

I'm asking as there are differences between the BD and the Badlands beyond the specified hardware. I believe the wheels themselves are wider on the Badlands than the BD and the ride height is not the same.

Would I need to purchase anything other than wheels and tires to make this switch if I wanted 33's on the BD?

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wheel wells look plenty large enough to fit 33s with nothing more than the right wheel/tire combo with the right backspacing. That is only an assumption though.

Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a side note do they make a product to help protect the black fender flares from turning that ugly faded white color like you see on so many Jeep Wrangler fender flares
Aerospace 303. Rubber, vinyl, plastic, love it and soak it up. CV boots, tires, radiator hoses, door seals . . . buy a gallon and use it liberally. Trailer and boat mfg's recommend it as a fiberglass protectant if you have one of those.

Black Diamond 4-dr 2.7l would be my choice.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD on Sas...I was going to do Base and go after market build. Kinda pointless if dealer is offering to do it for you, include it in financing, and covered by warranty. Only question I have is...all the Mod steel bumper pics I've seen, does NOT have the fog lights the plastic bumpers have....any idea if they can wire fog on the steel or will I need to go aftermarket?

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'll admit I have 3 reservations right now. Badlands, Black Diamond, and Base. I wanted to go big at first, but I know I'll be going to the aftermarket anyways so why not start with a blank slate (Base) and I don't need the front disconnect.....but the upgrades to Black Diamond just seem like a sweet spot to start off with. I may change my mind by order time, like you said, need to see what's offered from the factory then.
LOL I have two. Base and BD, really depends on the build and price and what is the best bang for the buck to deliver what I really want. For me, I think the BD over the base is a good option if the price the squatch upgrade is north of 5k since I can live without the front locker for my off roading and add a a good lift and better shocks, heck I already have a spare set of 35's.

Ford surprises me with the options pricing, you never know, i.e. if you upgrade an f150 xlt to a 10 sp, it's 995 and that includes upgrading the engine from the NA 3.3 v6 to the 2.7 TTV6, thats a no brainer....but just updating the mustang is 1595 to get the 10 auto from the 6MT, same motor....in short, I don't really have a clue where they will go with these options on pricing.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah, so the gearing would be good to run 35s, rear has a locker, throw on a 2" lift, imitation squatch on the cheap, I dont need the iron front diff for beach driving.

Probably be a bit sluggish on 35s, but will certainly handle 33s. I'm hoping it's an option to get the 4.70 gears, but regardless of gears, I'm either putting on 295/70/17 or 285/75/17s. Ditch those 31.6 inch tires it's going to come with.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quick question for those more knowledgeable than I....

Assuming Ford makes the M210 and front locker available as stand alone options and doesn't force the purchase of the entire Sasquatch package in order to have these two items, what would be involved with changing the 32's to 33's?

I'm asking as there are differences between the BD and the Badlands beyond the specified hardware. I believe the wheels themselves are wider on the Badlands than the BD and the ride height is not the same.

Would I need to purchase anything other than wheels and tires to make this switch if I wanted 33's on the BD?

You don't need new wheels. Just take of the tires that come with it and put on the ones you want.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Probably be a bit sluggish on 35s, but will certainly handle 33s. I'm hoping it's an option to get the 4.70 gears, but regardless of gears, I'm either putting on 295/70/17 or 285/75/17s. Ditch those 31.6 inch tires it's going to come with.
Gen2 Raptor has 4.10, works well.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All depends on Sasquatch pricing to me when I compare the two as currently listed with standard equipment. yeah, I was bored.

This is what you get for another 7500 on the 2dr

Bash Plates - Upgraded
Rock Rails
Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper
Privacy Glass - 2nd Row Side and Flip-up Glass
Rubberized Flooring - Washout Capable with Drain Plugs Open image overlay for Rubberized Flooring - Washout Capable with Drain Plugs
Terrain Management System (TMS) with 7 G.O.A.T. Modes - Base is 5 Modes
Leather-wrapped steering wheel with Bronco Badge, cruise and audio controls
MOLLES Panel (Driver and Front Passenger Seatback)
Marine Grade Vinyl - Front Bucket
Auxiliary Switches with Pre-Run Accessort Wires located in overhead console with front Map lights
Locking Rear Differential
final drive ratio 4.46 base is 3.37

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, so did my stock Tacoma on 30 inch tires.
???
35's with 4.10 gears on the same 10spd run well in the RPMs with a similar tq/lbs ration with the v6

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

35's with 4.10 gears on the same 10spd run well in the RPMs with a similar tq/lbs ration with the v6

Well, if you want gears based on another vehicle with different specs. be my guest. You're going to be disappointed with 4.10s and 35s on the Bronco, but I guess if you're driving an auto, what does it matter? Just push the skinny pedal to the floor and it will eventually get where you want it to.
Sponsored