Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just now realizing I am going on three months with my suspension hanging out on the floor of my gym. Hopefully can find some mod time in the next few weeks and show some before and afters.
Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have any of you installed 4dr Bilsteins on your 2dr? I'm thinking about it, the 200lbs difference between the two models can't be that big of a deal right? I need to get rid of these Hitachi shocks

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have any of you installed 4dr Bilsteins on your 2dr? I'm thinking about it, the 200lbs difference between the two models can't be that big of a deal right? I need to get rid of these Hitachi shocks
I will be next month.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be next month.
Put your ride opinion out there please. I am interested to know if it really hurts. Or maybe helps even more with the diving...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Put your ride opinion out there please. I am interested to know if it really hurts. Or maybe helps even more with the diving...
I have the Non-sasquatch Badlands suspension on my 2021 Bronco OBX, and yes, it definitely dives less under braking with the Bilsteins.

The ride quality otherwise is softer on road with the Hitachi shocks, but as you noted, it dives more. Obviously, the different valving and springs for the 4 door is likely to be stiffer, but I don't expect it to be a huge difference.

Sponsored

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found basequatch take-offs from a local, which I think are half inch higher than the BL Bilsteins. Looks like I need to find some 34/35's to match the look.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found basequatch take-offs from a local, which I think are half inch higher than the BL Bilsteins. Looks like I need to find some 34/35's to match the look.
Yeah a little taller but you lose that height in suspension travel because its just a bump stop

huntski54

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Howdy - dumb question, but i didnt see it addressed over the last 6 pages so ill ask:

I found some stock badlands shocks for my big bend (non-sas). Is it a simple swap and can i use my same stock springs? From what ive read, the badlands non-sas suspension is around .6 inches higher than base and wasnt sure if my springs would work with that.

Thanks for the input.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed Badlands 4 door 2.7 non-sas on my base 2 door non-saw 2.3. Gained 2.5" front and 3" rear and sit dead level. Added 315/70/70 KO2's and I'm 1/2" higher than a SAS model. Less brake dive and maybe a tad stiffer but not enough to be a factor. Great option for us base folks.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Howdy - dumb question, but i didnt see it addressed over the last 6 pages so ill ask:

I found some stock badlands shocks for my big bend (non-sas). Is it a simple swap and can i use my same stock springs? From what ive read, the badlands non-sas suspension is around .6 inches higher than base and wasnt sure if my springs would work with that.

Thanks for the input.
No. The inside diameter of the spring is to small to fit over the Sasquatch shock. You need to buy takeoffs that come with the springs. Or buy springs separately. I bought the whole assembly for $500.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn I see this thread every few months and have to go check the closet to make sure I still have this suspension to put on my Bronco.

huntski54

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No. The inside diameter of the spring is to small to fit over the Sasquatch shock. You need to buy takeoffs that come with the springs. Or buy springs separately. I bought the whole assembly for $500.
Just to clarify - these are badlands takeoffs that ARE NOT a sasquatch. Just the stock badlands springs which are Bilstein and taller than base. Are you saying these will still not work with my stock Big Bend springs?

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just to clarify - these are badlands takeoffs that ARE NOT a sasquatch. Just the stock badlands springs which are Bilstein and taller than base. Are you saying these will still not work with my stock Big Bend suspension?
Pretty sure that you need to change both, but you can give it a try. I think the sasquatch and non-sasquatch Badlands springs for the Bilsteins are the same, but not the Hitachi springs. However, they could fit.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just to clarify - these are badlands takeoffs that ARE NOT a sasquatch. Just the stock badlands springs which are Bilstein and taller than base. Are you saying these will still not work with my stock Big Bend springs?
This picture answers your question. No they won't work. Broncos with Hitachi shocks use 5100's because their spring fits over it, Sasquatch and badlands order 6100's because they have the bigger springs.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Hitachi to Non-Sasquatch Badlands Bilstein Swap Impressions Screenshot_20230818_185611_Chrome
Sponsored