Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to give a big shout out to Tracey aka Sugarwolf for the Badlands NON-SAS 2.3L 2 Door 7M Bilstein take-offs.

This is by far the best upgrade I have been able to do, as my Bronco now feels safer on the road.

No more residual wiggling at 70+ MPH when I hit a pavement imperfection!!
If I am able to get off road to compare, I am sure these will be better than before.
I did not even want my old Hitachi shocks back from my tire shop!
I bought these about 6 months ago & just got them installed.

BEFORE:

Ford Bronco Upgraded from Base Model Hitachi Shocks to Badlands Non-SAS Bilsteins. Before & After Photos  πŸ‘ Before Badlands Bilsteins - 20OCT2023

AFTER:

Ford Bronco Upgraded from Base Model Hitachi Shocks to Badlands Non-SAS Bilsteins. Before & After Photos  πŸ‘ After Badlands Bilsteins - 14MAR2024
Sponsored

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great!
Much better!
When you say it feels safer now, how did it feel before that felt unsafe?

Just curious. How did you get the picture of your vehicle coming off the assembly line?

OP
OP
Hey Buddy

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no more 'residual wiggle' when hitting a bump, or pavement change at highway speeds.
My Bronco feels like it has a much more solid stance & speed bumps are even more fun than before! HAHA!
The assembly line picture was sent to me by Ford when he/it came off the assembly line.
It was an exciting day for me!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to give a big shout out to Tracey aka Sugarwolf for the Badlands NON-SAS 2.3L 2 Door 7M Bilstein take-offs.

This is by far the best upgrade I have been able to do, as my Bronco now feels safer on the road.

No more residual wiggling at 70+ MPH when I hit a pavement imperfection!!
If I am able to get off road to compare, I am sure these will be better than before.
I did not even want my old Hitachi shocks back from my tire shop!
I bought these about 6 months ago & just got them installed.

BEFORE:

Ford Bronco Upgraded from Base Model Hitachi Shocks to Badlands Non-SAS Bilsteins. Before & After Photos  πŸ‘ After Badlands Bilsteins - 14MAR2024

AFTER:

I've always been curious about the difference between the base Hitachi shocks and the upgraded Badlands Bilstein shocks. I was vacillating between models and ended up going non-Sas Badlands and really like their performance on- and off-road. I've given them a good test, including going over train tracks at high speed, Baja-style off-roading and rock crawling. Granted, I've not experienced the Sasquatch or Raptor suspension to compare, so I can't miss what I don't know ;), but I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the first-hand account.

BTW, I'm surprised how changing the shocks affects the paint color so much!πŸ’€

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Nchiappetta5

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-door Bronco OBX SAS 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badlands already has the Bilsteins. That's where the trims below it source their used shocks for the swap.
I understand that. If part numbers for the non sas shocks were available I would go to my parts counter at ford and order the entire assembly instead of trying to find take offs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, there's a big difference. I have a badlands with the bilsteins, riding on 5 inch lift and 37's. my wife has a black diamond and it's all over the place. my badlands rides much better.

Having said that.... I've had to replace 3 rear shocks in two and a half years for knocking off the rear reservoirs... even after installing some shock skids one fell off. They are barely welded on. I wouldn't spend big bucks to put those shocks on. I think in a few years we are going to be seeing a ton of issues with them from people living in the Rust belt.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand that. If part numbers for the non sas shocks were available I would go to my parts counter at ford and order the entire assembly instead of trying to find take offs

But, I think his point is if it's already a Badlands, why would you need to order Badland coilovers?

OP
OP
Hey Buddy

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will admit to not being the best photographer I know! :LOL:

*Before picture taken 20OCT2023 & After picture taken 14MAR2024, so same spot, just different sun angles due to different seasons Fall/Spring.*

I had originally ordered Bilstein 5100 shocks a few years ago, but my preferred tire shop would not mess with switching out the coil springs from the Hitachis, so I sent them back to Stage 3 for a full refund & began scrolling the B6G Marketplace. I saw Kodiakisland's thread about them & knew I was on the right track for a small 'factory' lift with improved performance. So glad to have done this upgrade!

Last edited:

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My fault. Black diamond is what I had intended to say.
Once you see Ford's price for the Bilsteins I think you'll see why people are buying take offs or just going aftermarket. Big money bro. Aftermarket warranty will be better for the price too.

OP
OP
Hey Buddy

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep! I saw the price for the Ford Performance shocks that add 2" lift for $2100.
I was able to buy a set of take offs & have my tire shop do the installation for less than that all together! Plus, I do not want a 2" lift, just a factory Badlands Non-SAS stance! :cool:
Sponsored