Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
...where is it? Ford marketed the standard Black Diamond as a capable off-road vehicle. But there are no photos or videos of the non-sasquatch Black Diamond doing ANYTHING off-road. Obviously it’s not going to be as capable as models with the Sasquatch package, but Ford says the BD is capable of “Next-level outdoor adventure off-roading.” They’ve put out plenty of videos of the Bronco Sport going off-road, so I wonder why they’re hiding the BD.

I understand that Ford wants to showcase the Sasquatch package, but they’ve showcased it plenty, and most people already have their orders converted anyway. It’s time for Ford to show us what a Black Diamond Bronco can do off-road without Sasquatch. If they can’t even do that, it makes me think the BD isn’t nearly as capable as they’ve claimed.

Sincerely,
Concerned Black Diamond Reservation Holder

P.S. I didn’t realize there were so many people who liked to make excuses for Ford. It’s like they’re only on Bronco6G to start arguments 😂

Ford Bronco Black Diamond off-roading without Sasquatch 90F116C4-1AC4-4E3A-B50E-C1AC67C0580E

Ford Bronco Black Diamond off-roading without Sasquatch 29E98CE7-0BAB-4FD1-9C74-D34A3570EC5C
Sponsored

Last edited:

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...where is it? Ford marketed the standard Black Diamond as a capable off-road vehicle. But there are no photos or videos of the non-sasquatch Black Diamond doing ANYTHING off-road. Obviously it’s not going to be as capable as models with the Sasquatch package, but Ford says the BD is capable of “Next-level outdoor adventure off-roading.” They’ve put out plenty of videos of the Bronco Sport going off-road, so I wonder why they’re hiding the BD.

I understand that Ford wants to showcase the Sasquatch package, but they’ve showcased it plenty, and most people already have their orders converted anyway. It’s time for Ford to show us what a Black Diamond Bronco can do off-road without Sasquatch. If they can’t even do that, it makes me think the BD isn’t nearly as capable as they’ve claimed.

Sincerely,
Concerned Black Diamond Reservation Holder

Ford Bronco Black Diamond off-roading without Sasquatch 29E98CE7-0BAB-4FD1-9C74-D34A3570EC5C

I second this request for stock BD off road demonstrations.

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
it probably does everything the badland does, but if you market that, then why would you buy the badlands unless you want the creature comforts. If they dont show it, then theres a bigger chance the BD orders upgrade to the more capable BL trim. just a theory..

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
it probably does everything the badland does, but if you market that, then why would you buy the badlands unless you want the creature comforts. If they dont show it, then theres a bigger chance the BD orders upgrade to the more capable BL trim. just a theory..
As much as I hope that you’re right, I still think we are deserving of a demonstration. It’s hard enough to purchase a vehicle without ever touching it. It’s even harder to make that purchase without even knowing it’s capability.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all the models aren't really all THAT different, it'll be plenty capable in the wild. BL and/or Squatch will lift you higher up, so you can roll over some bigger rocks and bumps, but they will all travel over Fins'n Things or through Hell's Revenge in Moab just fine. While I'm getting a Squatched BL, it's pure luxury, I might never hit a trail hard enough where that combo will actually be necessary to go on. I'd like to, but who knows if it'll happen.

Marketing will always show the top shelf stuff, but I'd not worry at all about not getting a super capable off roader with a BD.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A big chunk of the cost difference is the lack of a front locker. (and the disconnecting sway-bar)

It will be every bit as capable as an FX4, but not as much as the BL, even if equal tires are fitted.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
What are you worried about? Other than rock crawling...
I’m worried about everything off-road, because Ford has yet to demonstrate that in a standard Black Diamond.

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm guessing that you're far enough down on the reservation list that you will have plenty of time to get feedback on the BD once they start hitting the trails.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm guessing that you're far enough down on the reservation list that you will have plenty of time to get feedback on the BD once they start hitting the trails.
3rd day reservation. But who even knows what that’s worth anymore. I’m sure Ford will find a way to skip people ahead again. 😂

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m worried about everything off-road, because Ford has yet to demonstrate that in a standard Black Diamond.
Look, it's going to do everything other than rock crawl. Seriously.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look, it's going to do everything other than rock crawl. Seriously.
Unfortunately, none of that’s been proven or demonstrated. I like to think the proof is in the pudding. And Ford hasn’t provided the Black Diamond folks with much pudding. 😂

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
4wp build
Ford Bronco Black Diamond off-roading without Sasquatch 4wp bronco
Yep, the 4WP build is really cool! But it’s not a standard Black Diamond (the entire point of this thread.)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.