Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An honest review. He likes it a lot but apparently would like the SAS better. Still my build!
I will never not love that simple utilitarian look
Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It likes to veer off the f'ing road if you're not paying attention. It breaks often. Sometimes the radio doesn't come on. You have to turn off the key, exit the vehicle and walk away a short distance, then it will work the next time. Your mechanic will tell you that JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.
hahaha thanks for that. I especially loved the part where you said you have to " turn off the key, exit the vehicle and walk away a short distance, then it will work the next time." Oh my goodness, you are killin' me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Should be fine for my hunting and camping trips up the mountain. Not planning on desert racing or rock crawling. Looks like there is one for everybody and everything.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From the audio, most of the ground clearance complaint was from the day prior to filming, through the tight, muddy trails as we often have random boulders in trails or sudden rise/fall and the rear trailing arms were bottoming out on the rocks of the trail.

Ultimately, yes, that aspect is easily rectified with greater ground clearance so it's either a non-issue to some who will modify the vehicle, or a minor hinderance to those who take their vehicle out infrequently and are afraid of a little bump and grind.

The subjective opinion of a vehicle being "fun", that's tough to categorize. How would he have enjoyed a 1970's Range Rover or Sahara on the same trail? It's entirely subjective to ones individual experience, wants and enjoyments.
I agree about the "fun" factor being tough to define or qualify. I think, but am not sure, the fun factor translates in the reviewer's mind into a slightly flawed vehicle whose flaws become an integral, visceral part of ite experience and reputation. Clearly the jeep falls into this category as it is a bit rough around the edges, but has a permanent and massive cult following, and always will. My impression is that the reviewer perceives the bronco as more technical and mechanically robotic with its modes and hero buttons. And therefore not having the same type of "soul" the jeep is associated with. But I am just speculating.

Sponsored

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Won't get my bronco for another month. Can you expound on what you felt was "personality"? I know that's a hard thing to qualify into words. How would you describe it if you could?
Me me me! I got this one! šŸ˜

owner of a regular badlands here! Had a BD on order, and then saw a Badlands at my dealer and fell in love. Had to have a Badlands, so changed my order.

anyway, 1700 miles in now. 2.3 manual, so same setup he is reviewing. So, letā€™s say thisā€¦ for me, I wanted my Bronco to ā€œfeelā€ a certain way. And the 2.3 manual nails that. Totally capable. Not lacking one bit. But not trying to prove anything either. If it was an F150, I want power in excess, but thatā€™s not what a Bronco is. This is my first Bronco, so take those statements for what they are.
And the wavy soft top? Just adds to the character.

everyone who has ridden in it LOVES it. That includes my wife, which is abnormal. Sheā€™s now talking about what she wants in her Bronco (green). She totes around 3+ kids daily, so my Badlands is safe from confiscation for the time being!

To give a baseline, Iā€™m a car guy. Porsches are my thing. Old Porsche, 69 F100 and a motorcycle currently in the garage. This Bronco is possibly my favorite vehicle ever. The others are growing dust right now.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me me me! I got this one! šŸ˜

owner of a regular badlands here! Had a BD on order, and then saw a Badlands at my dealer and fell in love. Had to have a Badlands, so changed my order.

anyway, 1700 miles in now. 2.3 manual, so same setup he is reviewing. So, letā€™s say thisā€¦ for me, I wanted my Bronco to ā€œfeelā€ a certain way. And the 2.3 manual nails that. Totally capable. Not lacking one bit. But not trying to prove anything either. If it was an F150, I want power in excess, but thatā€™s not what a Bronco is. This is my first Bronco, so take those statements for what they are.
And the wavy soft top? Just adds to the character.

everyone who has ridden in it LOVES it. That includes my wife, which is abnormal. Sheā€™s now talking about what she wants in her Bronco (green). She totes around 3+ kids daily, so my Badlands is safe from confiscation for the time being!

To give a baseline, Iā€™m a car guy. Porsches are my thing. Old Porsche, 69 F100 and a motorcycle currently in the garage. This Bronco is possibly my favorite vehicle ever. The others are growing dust right now.
Thank you so much for your input here! Getting an automatic so I likely won't feel the vehicle the same way you have. But since everyone enjoyed riding in your vehicle it gives me a good idea of the joy I and my friends and family will have

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It simply comes down to loving it or not. I do find it odd that he is stating it doesnt have ā€œsoulā€ or he didnt feel it. No lift and not Squatchedā€¦ sounds like a driver/owner issue to me. But, we all do have an opinionā€¦ just sounds more like a hit piece to me. Raise it up and put bigger tires on it. I bet you find that illusive ā€œsoul.ā€

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not saying they don't offroad but all their videos are pretty tame. It's more of a here's my rig channel with some fire-ish roads. I've hit harder service roads in a smaller Disco. Skids are loud when hit, and made to do that.

I don't even understand what he hit that scared him.

2021 Ford Bronco ā€” Overlanding Review - YouTube

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty good watch... and this guy definitely loves him some Jeremy Clarkson era Top Gear. I think I counted 4 or 5 quotes or idioms taken verbatim.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty good watch... and this guy definitely loves him some Jeremy Clarkson era Top Gear. I think I counted 4 or 5 quotes or idioms taken verbatim.
For you to compare this guy to Jeremy Clarkson is honestly offensive.