CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the basic headlights better anyway. They’re still LEDs.
Agreed.

If I go Badlands and anyone with a BD wants to swap grilles, as long as it is easy to do, I'd be up for it. I love the headlights without the splinter stuck in it design.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what I see as far as differences found in Badlands not found in Black Diamond -

Sway Bar Disconnect (already noted by OP)
Different Grille
Same Color Top as Vehicle Color (Only one with option)
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On Demand Engagement (Standard as opposed to option)
Baja mode in Terrain Management System
Leather Seats (Option in Badlands not found in Black Diamond)
Also looks like High and Lux packages are not available on Black Diamond.

This is actually what's got me leaning towards the Badlands. Seems the only way to get all the tech options along with the washout interior.

Pachy

Black Diamond
First Name
Placido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the basic headlights better anyway. They’re still LEDs.
Same here that’s why I’m going with BD the lights look much better than signature , also I’ll be doing my own lift and suspension since I’m a mechanic also I want the manual trans , Sasquatch it’s not offered with manual trans

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I initially reserved the Black Diamond because it the best bang for the buck in terms of being off road ready out of the box w/ a washout interior. After I spent some time reviewing I realized that there are several upgrades that I would want to be happy, and some upgrades I want that would not be available.

If i were to stick with the Black Diamond trim this is upgrades that I would get

Black Diamond:
-Sasquatch Package
-v6 eng upgrade
-advanced 4X4 w/ auto on demand
-Mid Package

But I do not have the ability with the Black Diamond package to upgrade past Mid Package, and I really want the 12" screen and upgraded stereo system. In addition to that, I don't really need 35" mud tires (do I?) considering that most of my transit in this vehicle will be to work on the highway with occasional off-roading. I would want the Sasquatch package over the 32" AT tires because the look is much more aggressive. But the more I think about it I could settle with the stock Badlands 33" AT and special suspension and save that upgrade dough for the internal amenities.

So after some consideration I think that I would probably be happier with the Badlands trim. I like the 33" AT tires and unique suspension. It may be a negligible difference in tire size, but from the pictures I have seen the stock Badlands looks pretty aggressive compared to the 32" tires. I could settle there and NOT feel the need to go with the Sasquatch upgrade. In addition to that I still get the vinyl seating and rubber flooring and I would have the ability to upgrade to the Lux package to get all my bells and whistles. Overall it's 6k more just to buy in to the badlands, but I will also only need a couple of upgrades vs several - so it balances out in my head. Now i just have to convince my wife!

Badlands:
-v6 eng upgrade
-Lux package upgrade

good to go!

And this is not even considering the options for the different tops or grills, handles, etc that I am not even aware of yet. Yikes! Probably will be going stock the rest of the way haha.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I initially reserved the Black Diamond because it the best bang for the buck in terms of being off road ready out of the box w/ a washout interior. After I spent some time reviewing I realized that there are several upgrades that I would want to be happy, and some upgrades I want that would not be available.

If i were to stick with the Black Diamond trim this is upgrades that I would get

Black Diamond:
-Sasquatch Package
-v6 eng upgrade
-Mid Package

But I do not have the ability with the Black Diamond package to upgrade past Mid Package, and I really want the 12" screen and upgraded stereo system. In addition to that, I don't really need 35" mud tires (do I?) considering that most of my transit in this vehicle will be to work on the highway with occasional off-roading. I would want the Sasquatch package over the 32" AT tires because the look is much more aggressive. But the more I think about it I could settle with the stock Badlands 33" AT and special suspension and save that upgrade dough for the internal amenities.

So after some consideration I think that I would probably be happier with the Badlands trim. I like the 33" AT tires and unique suspension. It may be a negligible difference in tire size, but from the pictures I have seen the stock Badlands looks pretty aggressive compared to the 32" tires. I could settle there and NOT feel the need to go with the Sasquatch upgrade. In addition to that I still get the vinyl seating and rubber flooring and I would have the ability to upgrade to the Lux package to get all my bells and whistles. Overall it's 6k more just to buy in to the badlands, but I will also only need a couple of upgrades vs several - so it balances out in my head. Now i just have to convince my wife!

Badlands:
-v6 eng upgrade
-Lux package upgrade

good to go!

And this is not even considering the options for the different tops or grills, handles, etc that I am not even aware of yet. Yikes! Probably will be going stock the rest of the way haha.
don't forget the cost of the auto transmission when you switch to v6 - a fully decked out badlands will be well into the $50k range even without the sasquatch package.

i would really like the bigger screen and better stereo but i don't think i could stomach an extra $10k for that stuff. for my use the black diamond will be sufficient, but there's definitely a FOMO aspect i'm weighing.

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

don't forget the cost of the auto transmission when you switch to v6 - a fully decked out badlands will be well into the $50k range even without the sasquatch package.

i would really like the bigger screen and better stereo but i don't think i could stomach an extra $10k for that stuff. for my use the black diamond will be sufficient, but there's definitely a FOMO aspect i'm weighing.
What do you think the auto 2.3 conversion will cost

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Black Diamond:
-Sasquatch Package
-v6 eng upgrade
-Mid Package

Badlands:
-v6 eng upgrade
-Lux package upgrade

good to go!

+ modular hard top

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That’s what I’m worried about...the add on$$$$$

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Badlands also comes stock with front and rear lockers. Only the badlands and the first edition have lockers stock. A moot point of you're getting Sasquatch, but that helps explain the part of the price difference starting out. That and the the other defences already mentioned like the sway bars and other options.

Last edited:

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have reserved a Black Diamond but I am either going Base, 2.7, squatch. Or I am going badlands 2.7.

Sponsored

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How easy will it be to disconnect the sway bar manually on black diamond? If it’s easy and price is so much lower than BL, BD + Squatch might just be the way to go, unless money is no object. But I don’t think that applies to most of us.

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I’m familiar with how it works on the jeeps. Probably similar on broncos but I’ve learned to never assume anything.

sure it’s convenient to press a button and do it, but stopping and getting out to do it is no big deal especially if it saves thousands of dollars and is really the only big difference.

Need build and price....
Sponsored