Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There is no blind spot with "properly adjusted mirrors"; the reason there's a blind spot is that most people adjust their mirrors so they see the sides of their vehicle, which they already know are there, so they have improperly adjusted mirrors.
You must be better at adjusting mirrors than I am. I can not see the sides of my vehicle... ever so slightly past that edge. My problem is the B pillar. it is a small area and I always know when someone is in that spot because I am always watching the mirrors as much as I am watching the road ahead. But there is a reason they call it the blind spot.
Sponsored

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok so I learned something new today, do the higher trim Broncos not come with the built in Parabolic corners on the mirrors. I have a 2021 Base Squatch and both side mirrors have it.

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t trust a lowest-bid car sensor with my life, anyway. I always watch mirrors, and look over my shoulder before lane changes. The blind spot monitor is a backup system to my eyes. In that capacity, it works fine for me.

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t trust a lowest-bid car sensor with my life, anyway. I always watch mirrors, and look over my shoulder before lane changes. The blind spot monitor is a backup system to my eyes. In that capacity, it works fine for me.
My same thinking, all of those years ago in driver training in high school we were taught a quick glance over your shoulder before changing lanes. That has served me well over the years and saved me lots of times from an accident

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took a 500 mile trip and had time to pay more attention to the systems. My blind spot system is poor at best. I find that the drivers side system does not activate until the overtaking vehicle disappears from the side mirror. There is no warning when the car is 1 or 2 car lengths behind you. It seems to me this is where you need it to start. The flashing icon, on the drivers side, stays on even as the the vehicle in the other lane is almost past me. I can see it by then. The passenger side is different. After I pass someone, the icon stays on even as I am a car length or so past.
It almost got me wrecked as some yaboo came across far right to left at a high rate of speed (3 lanes) and ended right next to me without warning. It just so happened I was moving to the left as well. If I hadn't glanced to my left... It was an OS moment. Point is the system needs to inform sooner rather than later. Better to pretend you don't have BLIS.

Why are you relaying on it for safety - it's an aid - not the first line of defense.

Its a wonder humanity lasted as long as it do without BSM.

Sponsored

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As far as i understand, the mirrors have nothing to do with the system other than displaying the icon. I read the sensor is in the rear corner (tail light housing ) and is supposed to pickup 60 feet back at speed. It seems like my left side is set up to far forward but i have no idea if the sensor is adjustable, how it works or even where it really is.
Saw the sensors when I took the rear quarter panels off. Paid particular attention to not disturb their mounted angles. Did take one off to run a wire harness behind, and made sure to replace and tighten the hardware exactly as I found it...

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok so I learned something new today, do the higher trim Broncos not come with the built in Parabolic corners on the mirrors. I have a 2021 Base Squatch and both side mirrors have it.
Yup, the higher trims have a little "blinky light" instead of proper mirrors with blind-spot convex corner mirrors.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, the higher trims have a little "blinky light" instead of proper mirrors with blind-spot convex corner mirrors.
So one can upgrade Raptor mirror glass with better glass from a lower trim? Do both have dimming? Do both have heating for ice?

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You must be better at adjusting mirrors than I am. I can not see the sides of my vehicle... ever so slightly past that edge. My problem is the B pillar. it is a small area and I always know when someone is in that spot because I am always watching the mirrors as much as I am watching the road ahead. But there is a reason they call it the blind spot.
Not "better", just different. See my previous comment to learn how to do it.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not "better", just different. See my previous comment to learn how to do it.
Well I have another issue you can not account for.... My left eye is blind. Lost is second day of driver's training when I was 14. So I will never quite have the same options as everyone else.

Sponsored

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In vehicles with good rearview mirror visiblity out the back window, the side mirrors are usually adjusted to be an extension of the rearview mirror. That is, the rearview mirror is looking straight back. The side mirrors will start where the left/right edge of the rearview mirror ends - creating mor of a panoramic view of the rear. Some will be more comfortable with the side mirrors having a small overlap with the rerview mirror. When ajusted this way, the side of the vehicle maybe not be visible in the side mirrors unless you crank you head a bit.

On a vehicle like the Bronco, were there is a giant tire in the way. I find it more comfortable in adjusting the side mirrors so the a bit of the vehicle is visible on the side mirrors. This has worked well so far.

Regarding the BLISS sensors. I have a theory. Because the driver sits on the left (at least for us in the American continent), one is more aware of other vehicle(s) on the same side. Thus the sensor may be calibrated to sense more toward the rear quarter where the driver has less visibility. While the sensor on the right is calibrated more toward the side due to less visibility there. All theory of course. But makes logical sense.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SUMA mirrors, you'll never need the BLIS again. Absolutely love mine.

I can see fully 60% of the car in my "blind spot" as the indicator light is going off.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I have another issue you can not account for.... My left eye is blind. Lost is second day of driver's training when I was 14. So I will never quite have the same options as everyone else.
Well, that IS a blind spot, and sorry that happened to you. And that must have been a really mean driving instructor!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, that IS a blind spot, and sorry that happened to you. And that must have been a really mean driving instructor!
That does sound like I lost it during Drivers training... but it was actually about an hour after.... Watch your kids. Do not let them be in the yard when you are mowing. Never know what you might hit and toss out a side discharge. I know it all happened for a reason that I will probably never be privy to... but it is all good. other eye over compensated and I ended up with eagle vision. I could read at 20 foot what the normal person with 20/20 could read at 15. Helped a lot when target practicing and surveying.

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That does sound like I lost it during Drivers training... but it was actually about an hour after.... Watch your kids. Do not let them be in the yard when you are mowing. Never know what you might hit and toss out a side discharge. I know it all happened for a reason that I will probably never be privy to... but it is all good. other eye over compensated and I ended up with eagle vision. I could read at 20 foot what the normal person with 20/20 could read at 15. Helped a lot when target practicing and surveying.

The rock from the neighbor's power mower that hit me in the shin at age 5 or so didn't cause any lasting damage, but if my eyes had been at that level...

Glad it all worked out in the end.
Sponsored