First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like 1.2” would turn the SAS OEM wheels into the equivalent of a zero offset wheel. From this thread, sounds like no stud trimming is required. However, I’d rather get the 1” version instead and keep them tucked a little. will that still work? Anything available right now?
Yep, the 1" spacers should work just fine! And I just checked our stock and we have plenty of the black 1" spacer sets in stock: Spacers

-Nick
Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With a 1/2” spacer, is there enough lug stud length to secure the lugnuts on the OEM studs?

if using a spacer that has it’s own lug studs, if the OEM studs poke beyond the spacer, will a OEM Wildtrak SAS wheel accommodate the OEM studs in between the 6 bolt holes?

if so, is there a maximum depth the wheel can handle of OEM lug stud poke?

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a 1/2” spacer, is there enough lug stud length to secure the lugnuts on the OEM studs?

if using a spacer that has it’s own lug studs, if the OEM studs poke beyond the spacer, will a OEM Wildtrak SAS wheel accommodate the OEM studs in between the 6 bolt holes?

if so, is there a maximum depth the wheel can handle of OEM lug stud poke?
I'm running 0.75" spacers and there is just enough clearance in the sasquatch wheels for the OEM studs.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a non-sas badlands. I will be adding a 3" lift and 37x12.5 onto the factory "upgraded" beadlock capable wheels.

What is the ideal spacer width to minimize rubbing while also minimizing the poke?

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, the 1" spacers should work just fine! And I just checked our stock and we have plenty of the black 1" spacer sets in stock: Spacers

-Nick
Hey Nick quick question - installed 1.2‘s on my ‘22 Wildtrak with stock Sas wheels. The rear two spacer fitment was flawless but I have a question about the fronts. When threading on and tightening the included nuts as I secure the spacer onto the hub there are still about 2-3 threads left unused in the spacer nut when threading it onto the stock lugs. In other words the factory lug does not make it all the way through the new nut before the spacer is tight to the hub. On the rears the lugs are exposed out the end of the new nut by about 1 thread so full engagement. Is that normal? Enough thread engagement for the fronts? Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Nick quick question - installed 1.2‘s on my ‘22 Wildtrak with stock Sas wheels. The rear two spacer fitment was flawless but I have a question about the fronts. When threading on and tightening the included nuts as I secure the spacer onto the hub there are still about 2-3 threads left unused in the spacer nut when threading it onto the stock lugs. In other words the factory lug does not make it all the way through the new nut before the spacer is tight to the hub. On the rears the lugs are exposed out the end of the new nut by about 1 thread so full engagement. Is that normal? Enough thread engagement for the fronts? Thanks!
Hey @V1Rotate - a good rule of thumb is to make sure that lug nuts engage studs for 7 full turns before being torqued down. Hope this helps!

- John P

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey @V1Rotate - a good rule of thumb is to make sure that lug nuts engage studs for 7 full turns before being torqued down. Hope this helps!

- John P
I will check again today but I’m confident I have 7 full turns. I will report back if not. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this when installing them onto a Bronco with the factory Sasquatch package. I know the front rotors are 10mm thicker than the rears but wouldn’t think that would effect stud length. I’ll measure when I get a chance to get them back off today.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will check again today but I’m confident I have 7 full turns. I will report back if not. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this when installing them onto a Bronco with the factory Sasquatch package. I know the front rotors are 10mm thicker than the rears but wouldn’t think that would effect stud length. I’ll measure when I get a chance to get them back off today.
Did you figure out what was going on? Thinking 1.2 for my sas wheels.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you figure out what was going on? Thinking 1.2 for my sas wheels.
The front rotors are definitely 10mm thicker resulting in 10mm less wheel stud sticking out when you slide on the spacer. That said - I have 10 full turns of engagement with the front lugs and have had zero issues. I’ve checked them every 500 miles or so just to make sure and have yet to find one that isn’t exactly where I left it. For reference here’s what 1.2’s look like with SAS wheels

DC8A1024-ECD8-4499-9BAC-FF72FCB46D60.jpeg

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Original post was with stock BL rims. What is the minimum thickness spacer that wouldn’t require trimming studs? Would the 1/2in work with factory lugnuts?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Original post was with stock BL rims. What is the minimum thickness spacer that wouldn’t require trimming studs? Would the 1/2in work with factory lugnuts?
Hey @Area51BS - our Borne Off-Road wheel spacers range from 1.00" - 2.00" in thickness. Because we don't have a 1/2" sized spacer, I cannot talk to the fitment. Sorry!

- John

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Area51BS - our Borne Off-Road wheel spacers range from 1.00" - 2.00" in thickness. Because we don't have a 1/2" sized spacer, I cannot talk to the fitment. Sorry!

- John
Does the 1 inch fit without mods using the stock BL wheels. Same wheels as in the original post.

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a heads up, 1in will not fit on oem black diamond steelie wheels without trimming studs. Fronts almost fit, rears need probably 1/4in of trimming. I’m going to be swapping out for 1.4in since I do not want to trim.

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Wheel Spacers DC8A1024-ECD8-4499-9BAC-FF72FCB46D60

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Wheel Spacers DC8A1024-ECD8-4499-9BAC-FF72FCB46D60
Did you ever swap to 1.4in? I'm curious about what your experience was. I've got the same wheels.

Thanks
Sponsored