Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GoPro Footage
In today’s video, we highlight the BroncBuster bushing and tie-rod brace and how it can help keep your new Bronco tie-rods from snapping under trail pressure. We highlight some of the install then go into some trail reviews of the product. We hope you enjoy!

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both products on my Badlands. Have done some great trails and so far no problems.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He didn’t talk about the housing upgrade
https://broncbustertx.com/products/passenger-rack-and-pinion-billet-aluminum-housing

Probably because it’s too expensive for their average store order, and probably more than a new rack altogether. Nonetheless, it seems like the breakage this solves happens more in the long term compared to the bushing and brace.
I was wondering why he didn’t bring that up also, maybe another video. FYI a rack is $1450 with $400 core

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering why he didn’t bring that up also, maybe another video. FYI a rack is $1450 with $400 core
That's the conundrum. I've got the brace & the bushing, do I spend the money and do phase 3 to prevent getting stranded, or hope I catch it when it starts to fail & upgrade to Ford's " Severe Duty" rack. Price & core charge unknown for said rack :unsure: I'm currently leaning towards Stage 3 as I'm all about prevention & reliability

Last edited:

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the conundrum. I've got the brace & the bushing, do I spend the money and do phase 3 to prevent getting stranded, or hope I catch it when it starts to fail & upgrade to Ford's " Severe Duty" rack. Price & core charge unknown for said rack :unsure: I'm currently leaning towards Stage 3 as I'm all about prevention & reliability
If you have plans for the severe duty rack and you’re sure it’ll come out for the normal bronco, I wouldn’t buy the new housing. It’ll be a waste as the issue it prevents is long term unless you’re running 40s and doing Moab trails on the weekend.

However, I am almost positive the severe duty rack will be much more than $1800 (flip actually posted the part number somewhere and said it’s double the normal rack). Also almost positive the rack will not include the state 3 fix as it was designed when just the broncbushing was out. The word is the severe duty rack itself is just the normal rack with the bushing already installed. Even if it’s using a better piece of metal than the cast the current one uses, still won’t solve the issue of the ballscrew getting pushed up and eating into it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have plans for the severe duty rack and you’re sure it’ll come out for the normal bronco, I wouldn’t buy the new housing. It’ll be a waste as the issue it prevents is long term unless you’re running 40s and doing Moab trails on the weekend.

However, I am almost positive the severe duty rack will be much more than $1800 (flip actually posted the part number somewhere and said it’s double the normal rack). Also almost positive the rack will not include the state 3 fix as it was designed when just the broncbushing was out. The word is the severe duty rack itself is just the normal rack with the bushing already installed. Even if it’s using a better piece of metal than the cast the current one uses, still won’t solve the issue of the ballscrew getting pushed up and eating into it.
Yeah all things considering I'll probably just go the Stage 3 & 37's & perform good after trail inspections. If that fails I'll look into the severe duty rack at that time.
I think I remember seeing a pic of the severe duty rack & it looks like it had a stronger casting on the main body. 🤷‍♂️

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah all things considering I'll probably just go the Stage 3 & 37's & perform good after trail inspections. If that fails I'll look into the severe duty rack at that time.
I think I remember seeing a pic of the severe duty rack & it looks like it had a stronger casting on the main body. 🤷‍♂️
Here it is installed.

Ford Bronco BroncBrace & BroncBushing OFF ROAD TEST 2A303AD4-B0D8-4C9D-9407-3CE48C775E27

I was going to make a thread on the install as there’s a few bits not covered in the video that can be tricky, but figure most people doing this themselves will be more mechanically inclined than me anyways. That, and for some reason, Tyler seems controversial on here to say the least.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here it is installed.

2A303AD4-B0D8-4C9D-9407-3CE48C775E27.jpeg

I was going to make a thread on the install as there’s a few bits not covered in the video that can be tricky, but figure most people doing this themselves will be more mechanically inclined than me anyways. That, and for some reason, Tyler seems controversial on here to say the least.
Looks good, did you find any metal shavings or wear when you swapped it out. Reason I am asking is after watching the video I tore mine down and seen no sign of wear. So I haven’t bought the housing yet.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good, did you find any metal shavings or wear when you swapped it out. Reason I am asking is after watching the video I tore mine down and seen no sign of wear. So I haven’t bought the housing yet.
Noticed a couple shiny bits of shavings, but nothing after that 1 clean out cycle. Housing didn’t show any cracks or obvious rubbing parts either. Chances are, we won’t be seeing this type of wear anytime soon unless you’re really hammering it. Remember, BroncBuster is running 40s likely on an ungodly amount of suspension lift, and wheel spacers thrashing in the place where broken everything is common on even on the most built rigs. While 100% of us will not be showing our rigs that level of abuse, his accelerated wear does give us a glimpse of what we *may* see a few years down the road if wheeling a lot.

another thing to keep in mind is that he’s had his rig with the bushing for months, and never had this issue, while most of us only just got our broncos.

I Installed at 3k miles running 3” of lift, 37s, and I’m easy on it when I go offroading (not trying to be the Guinea pig on a first year vehicle). The steering never binded up on me before, but I still bought it because while I won’t be keeping this particular bronco for awhile, it’s likely I’ll be having one for a long time to come. The part is expensive but im looking at it as long term insurance I can always transfer to another rack later. One thing I will say is the steering did get slightly tighter after the install. Not first batch bushing tight, but it is noticeable.

my theory is given enough time (talking years so don’t get alarmed reading this), anyone who does anything more than service roads with anything that changes the tie rod angle will experience this as it’s a fundamental issue with the rack not keeping the ballscrew in place on hits/flex while turned. If you’re not gonna be keeping your Bronco more than a few years, and you’re not a skinny pedal user, I don’t think this is anything to worry about.
Sponsored

Last edited: