First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think it would be comparable to the F50's? They are a pretty quick and do it in about 5.6. The F150's with the 2.7 are quicker than with the 5.0.

And yes it's important to me as people here in FL drive with a lead foot and I have a hard time keeping up with traffic in my Silverado Double Cab with a 5.3. And my 97 Wrangler is worse. It is so great at rock crawling and off road with the 4.0 six but is so slow on the road, everything and then some blows by me and I am holding up traffic. I can't get out of peoples way fast enough. And on the highway, which I try to avoid people drive at least 80, with many doing 90 or 100- and in big lifted trucks too. So, just want to keep up with traffic in a modern and crazy world where everyone is in a big hurry and you need enough power to make a lane change and get out of their way.
Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if the rock talks back...
Seems like the rock is winning the argument, they keep stubbing their toes on it and still keep kicking the rock because they stubbed their toes.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why? It's an offroad vehicle. If you care about the 0-60, you maybe should be looking at a different vehicle.
Maybe you should be looking at a different thread. I never understood why people go to a thread to comment "I don't care about {insert thread title}."

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because, when I pull up next to that Rubicon 392 I want to know what my chances are. :cool:

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good morning all and happy friday, since we got the new info on the power of the 2.3 and 2.7, what do y’all think the 0-60 is going to be on the bronco? Some of y’all may not care but I know a few of us are speed demons 😎 so I’m curious on what y’all’s guesses are. P.S. I’m from Texas where we only know how to drive 80+ so I would say this is a big deal🤣
Ranger times should be pretty close with the 2.3L engine. That said if you are a speed demon the Bronco is probably not for you. It has the power for adequate acceleration and highway driving but it will never be considered a fast vehicle that is not what its about. A heavy frame, boxy design and huge tires do not equal speed.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ranger times should be pretty close with the 2.3L engine. That said if you are a speed demon the Bronco is probably not for you. It has the power for adequate acceleration and highway driving but it will never be considered a fast vehicle that is not what its about. A heavy frame, boxy design and huge tires do not equal speed.
That's where you are completely wrong. Mine's gonna have a hood scoop and stripes. Might even add one of them accelerator doodads...

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You might want to wait for the hybrid 500 plus horsepower model.
I’ll tune my 2.7 with 5 stars 100hp/100tq.
the fastest stock trim would be a big bend 2 door with V6 eco boost, 10speed auto, and 4.27 locker. 255/75/17 stock tires launched in four wheel drive at the highest revs possible.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet a BD with the 2.7 and small tires would be the quickest because of the gearing.... Top end, not so much.
I'll put my money on the Base 2.7 with lightweight 30" tires in addition to lower vehicle weight.. Should easily beat a BD. Base 2.7 - 5.5 seconds 0-60.

I ordered BaseSquatch 2.7L and I definitely care about acceleration and going as fast as I can on the highway. BaseSquatch 2.7 - 6.5 seconds 0-60? Not sure how much slower the 35s will be, but it will be substantial.

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure how accurate this is but 2021 wrangler 3.6L ranges from 6-6.5 according to this site. https://www.carindigo.com/jeep/wrangler/0to60

2.0L turbo is a little slower.

I would guess the 2.7 will be in the low 5s and 2.3 would be low 6s.

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not specifically regarding 0-60 times but I FINALLY got to see/sit in a couple Bronco Badlands yesterday that are making their way around the Dallas area. I asked the rep what his impressions were of the driving experience and during that conversation he mentioned being on the highway at 90-100mph and not even realizing it because it was so smooth. These were both Badland 2.7 non-Squatch with optional wheels.