Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool.

For those that have JKs/JLs - what good is the cargo area enclosure (vs the security drawer) when all someone has to do is break in/reach in and hit the door unlock button to swing open the tailgate?

And did we ever get an answer to the question of whether or not the garage door opener would work without a key nearby? My mid-90s Land Cruiser's would. Which is a recipe for disaster on a driveway parked car.

ETA:

Enclosure

Drawer
On a Jeep the tailgate stays locked even if someone broke out a window and hit the door unlock. Has to be unlocked with a fob or using a key at the rear handle. I have the tuffy enclosure on my Jeep and while anything can be defeated it would take some time for someone to get in it.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Darn, if these were coming before order time I'd schedule an air check on my F250 :(

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

so you have to have a ford in for service to benefit from this - that knocks me out of the box, and I have to think many of you as well.

Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Challenger's garage door opener will open the door with no key nearby. ( 40 + feet away )

I know it's not a Ford, but I assume it will be the same way.
Ford Bronco Bronco Accessory Pack 1, 2A, 2B, 3A package info.  FCTP Bronco service loaners will be fitted with one package 1608784788612

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And did we ever get an answer to the question of whether or not the garage door opener would work without a key nearby? My mid-90s Land Cruiser's would. Which is a recipe for disaster on a driveway parked car.
Especially one with the top off. I sure hope it requires the fob.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I could really use this program. I’ve been without a car for coming up on a year now. Luckily I live in a part of California where I can get most of what I need via bike. I’ve been saving everything I can to be ready for a very generous down payment so that my monthly payment is very low. But man do I miss going camping in the mountains or deserts or hitting up some friends further away more frequently. I know I could let up a bit or even buy a junker, but I’m kinda at the point where I need to see this though and prove to myself I’ve got the resolve to to stick to a goal and overcome the adversity that comes with it. Oh well, one can dream.

Sponsored

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool.

For those that have JKs/JLs - what good is the cargo area enclosure (vs the security drawer) when all someone has to do is break in/reach in and hit the door unlock button to swing open the tailgate?

ETA:

Enclosure

Drawer
Im curious about this too. Even with the drawer, if someone is willing to break a window, couldn't they just pop that lock too with a hammer, crow bar? Any suggestions for something extra secure?

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im curious about this too. Even with the drawer, if someone is willing to break a window, couldn't they just pop that lock too with a hammer, crow bar? Any suggestions for something extra secure?
Given enough time, anyone can get into anything. If the tailgate doesn't open without the fob, someone's going to take a LONG time to get into that shelf. They may bend it. They may get a peek inside. But they aren't pulling it out.

That's all I need.

I just hope they can't swing the tailgate open without the key. Different story if they can.

Reactions: Jak

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ok with a few more weeks (paychecks). Redoing the house roof really took a bite out of a possible down payment.
I just put a new roof on my house ($20k), rebuilt half my chimney ($7k), and am turning my spa room into a butler's pantry ($7k, so far). I feel your pain.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This person seems to think Ford can't do 2 things at once. That's the point.

"This is stupid. Stop working on shit like this and spend the fixing b&p so we can place out orders with reliable information about the product we're buying".
Sponsored