First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there any new word on what Ford is planning on doing to fill all of the reservation holders orders?
They haven’t taken new orders since March,……..soooo what does that leave?

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had to ask. Guess I’m not understanding the process because it seems like the majority of early 2022 orders are getting built and delivered to people who did not mess with reservations.
And that is what is bullshit about this whole system.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It really doesn't matter how many Broncos they build. If they dont prioritize aged reservations then there is no progress made to cleaning up the problem. What is the fullfilled reservation percentage? Hey Ford, looking at you.
Why should they prioritize rewarding dealers that grossly oversold their allocations? And you should be mad at your dealer if they have done that (that said, Ford should stop taking orders from a dealer once they reach some arbitrary level above their typical allocation so that this does not happen again).

I think they need to figure out who has multiple orders in, give one order priority (at the dealer most likely to be able to have it fall within their allocation) and either cancel all the other orders that customer has or bump them to the back of the line because all those other orders are going to end up on a lot somewhere at stupid ADM when they could have been using those (possibly) constrained parts to fulfill someone else's order (or the guy with the orders is gonna flip the first one knowing he's got another coming eventually). I get why people placed orders at multiple dealers but I also think it is part of the problem.

TX_Hoss_3.0

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4X4 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why should they prioritize rewarding dealers that grossly oversold their allocations? And you should be mad at your dealer if they have done that (that said, Ford should stop taking orders from a dealer once they reach some arbitrary level above their typical allocation so that this does not happen again).
Had you been here at the beginning, there was no "Allocation" model to follow for the Dealers or Reservation Holders. Us RH's made the false assumption that Ford would attempt to build Reservations in numerical order. We were later told about this dealer allocation process. Many of us ARE upset with Ford's preference to deliver Bronco's to Dealers that charge ADM fee's instead of the Dealers that put deals down in writing.

It's all better now though. Ford told us they are going to focus on getting ALL Reservation's built before they start on Retail orders.........

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they need to figure out who has multiple orders in, give one order priority (at the dealer most likely to be able to have it fall within their allocation) and either cancel all the other orders that customer has or bump them to the back of the line because all those other orders are going to end up on a lot somewhere at stupid ADM when they could have been using those (possibly) constrained parts to fulfill someone else's order (or the guy with the orders is gonna flip the first one knowing he's got another coming eventually). I get why people placed orders at multiple dealers but I also think it is part of the problem.
Maybe if there was transparency in what actual dealer allocation was I could get on board with your comments more. How do I Mr. Customer know how many trucks are allocated? Very few are dealers disclosing. And what if your in a small town with 3 allocations and the dealer sold 10?

Last edited:

Aggie2000

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excuse me if I'm wrong as I never had a reservation but I was under the impression that a reservation was a place holder to be able to convert to an order ahead of the general masses? If you never placed an actual order and received an order number then all you have is an outstanding reservation?? So do you have an order number confirmation from your dealer or direct from Ford?

I walked into my dealer on January 7th, 2022 and my order # was confirmed via email before I left the building. It's now built and in transit to deliver on September 19th.
I'm pretty sure anyone at this point who is constantly checking on the status of their vehicle knows that they would have had to convert their reservation to an order. But thanks for the heads up.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can finally say that I was one who helped those numbers in August.

For those who say the wait was worth it, I say hogwash. It's great and all, but making people (like me and others) wait 2+ years for an order is hogwash. Ford needs better customer accountability for order delivery.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had to ask. Guess I’m not understanding the process because it seems like the majority of early 2022 orders are getting built and delivered to people who did not mess with reservations.
Nothing to understand other than FORD does not honor it's reservation holders.

Sponsored

CBWAR1

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F250 Custom 4X4; Pending: Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bright side is August was the best ever production month for the Bronco. IF, big f'n if, they can keep that up for MY23 that is 165,000 Broncos (figured 11 months of production to account for plant shut downs).

The question is, were they able to build that many because the supply chain is starting to stabilize or because they had parts pilled up due to the low July production? September production numbers should give us a better idea of how MY23 will go.
Why the hell does it say they sold 6K Broncos in 2021?
I completely understand what you are saying. Ford conveniently does not mention how many are delivered to the actual buyer as in "SOLD in customer's possession", not the dealers, not the staging areas, not in transit, not on some so called hill/mountain etc..

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bullshit. The average car buyer does not get into allocations. FORD Motor Company took my reservation money. They should be working together with the dealers to get me my truck. I would give you some latitude on your position had FORD not flat out lied and hamstrung reservation holders not allowing them to switch dealers last fall. This is absolutely a FORD created problem and a FORD perpetuated problem. I got $50K on the table. Does FORD want it or not. And whoa, you blame buyers again by saying we shouldn't have put in reservations/orders at multiple dealers. Next you're going to tell us FORD is the real victim here.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had you been here at the beginning, there was no "Allocation" model to follow for the Dealers or Reservation Holders. Us RH's made the false assumption that Ford would attempt to build Reservations in numerical order. We were later told about this dealer allocation process. Many of us ARE upset with Ford's preference to deliver Bronco's to Dealers that charge ADM fee's instead of the Dealers that put deals down in writing.

It's all better now though. Ford told us they are going to focus on getting ALL Reservation's built before they start on Retail orders.........

Granger knew they weren't getting 800 Broncos in a year. They know what their allocation is for other models and could have come up with a reasonable guesstimate (which would still have been high given the parts issues) and been informing customers that there would be a potentially long wait. Hell, my dealer straight told me they have no idea when my order will show up.

Nope, not what they said at all. They said they are going to convert existing orders and any remaining reservations that have not been ordered will have a deadline to be placed. That puts existing orders at the front of the line and eliminates any lingering reservations. They said they would prioritize them but that does not mean they will all be built before new retail orders, allocations are still in play and they did state that.

Maybe if there was transparency in what actual dealer allocation was I could get on board with your comments more. How do I Mr. Customer know how how many trucks are allocated? Very few are discosing. And what if your in a small town with 3 allocations and the dealer sd 10?
Yeah, I get that...but that's on the dealer. And I am in a relatively small town but I've also got 5 Ford dealers within a 30 mile drive from home. I went with the one I've dealt with in the past, I'd rather help them out if I can...and they did tell me they have no idea when mine will show up.

Bullshit. The average car buyer does not get into allocations. FORD Motor Company took my reservation money. They should be working together with the dealers to get me my truck. I would give you some latitude on your position had FORD not flat out lied and hamstrung reservation holders not allowing them to switch dealers last fall. This is absolutely a FORD created problem and a FORD perpetuated problem. I got $50K on the table. Does FORD want it or not. And whoa, you blame buyers again by saying we shouldn't have put in reservations/orders at multiple dealers. Next you're going to tell us FORD is the real victim here.
Yeah, I get it, you're angry guy. Go smoke a bowl and mellow out for a bit. I said I understand why people put in orders at multiple dealers (and I said that). Take a step back and see what effect that is going to have though. You order three of the same thing that is part constrained. I order one. All 3 of yours come in, you take the first one and flip it, take the second one and keep it and tell the third dealer you no longer want it so they sell it for $10k ADM. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for mine because they used all the parts for yours. What if I told you that you haven't gotten yours yet because so many other people ordered from 2-4 dealers and did so ahead of you and they are still working through that backlog, would that help you understand what I'm trying to say?

I'm not saying Ford has no blame here. I think they should have limited dealers from placing ridiculous amounts of orders. I mean if a dealer placed more orders for Broncos than they get in allocations for F150's, they should have anticipated an issue, they got greedy. Ford could have prevented that by not letting them place so many orders.

With today's technology, Ford could easily have told dealers that all orders are to be at MSRP, not above and could have directed reservation holders to dealers with shorter order lists relative to expected allocations.

You can be mad all you want but it isn't going to do you any good. You can disagree with my opinion too, I'm good with that.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not saying Ford has no blame here. I think they should have limited dealers from placing ridiculous amounts of orders. I mean if a dealer placed more orders for Broncos than they get in allocations for F150's, they should have anticipated an issue, they got greedy. Ford could have prevented that by not letting them place so many orders.

With today's technology, Ford could easily have told dealers that all orders are to be at MSRP, not above and could have directed reservation holders to dealers with shorter order lists relative to expected allocations.

You can be mad all you want but it isn't going to do you any good. You can disagree with my opinion too, I'm good with that.
Exactly. Ford could have done this...but they didnt. They encouraged dealers to take Bronco orders, as many as they could, and then when the big dealers realized all the lost sales due to their own incompetence, Ford folded.
Lets not forget the multiple statements from Ford that reservations would be filled in order of timestamp either.

I got $50K on the table. Does FORD want it or not.
Exactly. I'm leaving it up to Ford to make it right.
Sponsored