EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was pointing out that 2 people just spoke with Ford Customer Service and got 2 completely different answers. 1. Ford is done scheduling MY22, and 2. Ford extended MY22 scheduling a week.

Ford CA is the joke.
Unless it is on Ford letterhead, a press release, an official email etc. it's just people giving their interpretation. As far as I'm concerned until I hear from my dealership or Ford directly none of this matters.
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I get it, you're angry guy. Go smoke a bowl and mellow out for a bit. I said I understand why people put in orders at multiple dealers (and I said that). Take a step back and see what effect that is going to have though. You order three of the same thing that is part constrained. I order one. All 3 of yours come in, you take the first one and flip it, take the second one and keep it and tell the third dealer you no longer want it so they sell it for $10k ADM. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for mine because they used all the parts for yours. What if I told you that you haven't gotten yours yet because so many other people ordered from 2-4 dealers and did so ahead of you and they are still working through that backlog, would that help you understand what I'm trying to say?

I'm not saying Ford has no blame here. I think they should have limited dealers from placing ridiculous amounts of orders. I mean if a dealer placed more orders for Broncos than they get in allocations for F150's, they should have anticipated an issue, they got greedy. Ford could have prevented that by not letting them place so many orders.

With today's technology, Ford could easily have told dealers that all orders are to be at MSRP, not above and could have directed reservation holders to dealers with shorter order lists relative to expected allocations.

You can be mad all you want but it isn't going to do you any good. You can disagree with my opinion too, I'm good with that.

So you insult me and then back pedal. (y)

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had to ask. Guess Iā€™m not understanding the process because it seems like the majority of early 2022 orders are getting built and delivered to people who did not mess with reservations.
I made a reservation 2 years ago online and converted that reservation to an order at my local dealer in early March 2021 with a confirmation of order email that followed. I was then forced to reorder in October 2021 at the same dealer when the earlier order was balanced out! Immediately after reordering, I received a confirmation email and multiple other emails from Ford that stated how my order was now a priority and would be built in 2022. Since around April, all I receive are Bronco Rodeo emails. So anytime anyone humble-brags about just walking in, ordering and getting their order built in 9 months is frustrating beyond belief!

TX_Hoss_3.0

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4X4 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm pretty sure anyone at this point who is constantly checking on the status of their vehicle knows that they would have had to convert their reservation to an order. But thanks for the heads up.
From a non-reservation buyer perspective all these people complaining about reservations not being fulfilled would lead one to believe they didnā€™t convert to an order. If weā€™re saying a reservation has yet to be built is different than saying a conversion to an actual order has not been built. Semantics.

TX_Hoss_3.0

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4X4 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I made a reservation 2 years ago online and converted that reservation to an order at my local dealer in early March 2021 with a confirmation of order email that followed. I was then forced to reorder in October 2021 at the same dealer when the earlier order was balanced out! Immediately after reordering, I received a confirmation email and multiple other emails from Ford that stated how my order was now a priority and would be built in 2022. Since around April, all I receive are Bronco Rodeo emails. So anytime anyone humble-brags about just walking in, ordering and getting their order built in 9 months is frustrating beyond belief!
Iā€™d be pissed too. I placed my order with zero expectations of receiving the vehicle within 2022 assuming I was way down the line behind orders such as yourself. So when I did receive an in production status in late July I was caught off guard. Truly I would rather make the purchase next year than this year anyway. Iā€™m not humble bragging I would just like to understand Fordā€™s algorithm as to which orders get built ahead of others. Thereā€™s clearly a broken system and Ford should make it right.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any way to get a breakdown by model? Specifically Raptors?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had to ask. Guess Iā€™m not understanding the process because it seems like the majority of early 2022 orders are getting built and delivered to people who did not mess with reservations.
Good example among many, such as your case, why this entire process has been an absolute train wreck from the start.

Iā€™m stoked you were able to get your Bronco, donā€™t get me wrong, but many of us on B6G are hand-raisers that placed reservations on day 1 or 2, placed orders twice as soon as the book opened and weā€™re now being pushed to 2023.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of those August sales was our Dirt/Ice mountain build that had been sitting in a parking lot since January, almost 7 months to the day, from its original blend date.

If Fordā€™s šŸ¤” goal was for everyone to forget the botched Explorer roll out, theyā€™ve successfully done it by making the Bronco release an even bigger šŸ’© show.

TX_Hoss_3.0

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4X4 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good example among many, such as your case, why this entire process has been an absolute train wreck from the start.

Iā€™m stoked you were able to get your Bronco, donā€™t get me wrong, but many of us on B6G are hand-raisers that placed reservations on day 1 or 2, placed orders twice as soon as the book opened and weā€™re now being pushed to 2023.
Iā€™m all for first come first serve so Iā€™m annoyed people like myself have been built ahead of others with reservations. I was expecting to wait my place in line and I was okay with that. Ford has a lot of customer experience making up to do

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From a non-reservation buyer perspective all these people complaining about reservations not being fulfilled would lead one to believe they didnā€™t convert to an order. If weā€™re saying a reservation has yet to be built is different than saying a conversion to an actual order has not been built. Semantics.
All reservations were converted to orders after the reservation system was closed. When people refer to reservations they're really saying they made a reservation and then converted it to an order. Most were converted by early 2021. What's out there now are reservations that converted to orders, orders that were made since the reservations were closed, and dealer orders. It sounds like you're one of the people that ordered directly. The only point that matters about reservations anymore is they should have resulted in the earliest orders Ford took. The biggest problem most of us have is the way Ford lied about filling the reservations/orders in something close to the order they were made. It's very clear the whole reservation approach was a marketing gimmick and they never really intended to follow through with their published policies. Good luck with your order, hopefully it's not too long a wait and/or the dealer doesn't shaft you when it does come in.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why should they prioritize rewarding dealers that grossly oversold their allocations? And you should be mad at your dealer if they have done that (that said, Ford should stop taking orders from a dealer once they reach some arbitrary level above their typical allocation so that this does not happen again).
Nobody over-sold their allocations. Ford changed the rules.

Dealerships essentially got 30% of their orders in allocations for 2021

My mid-size dealership got 119 allocations on roughly 420 orders.
The next larger dealership in town got about 140 on around 460 orders.
The little dealership at the edge of town got 40 out of just over 120 orders.

The big dealership with over 2000 orders got several hundred allocations.

Ford CHANGED the FORMULA mid-stream to benefit the big dealerships.

TX_Hoss_3.0

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4X4 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All reservations were converted to orders after the reservation system was closed. When people refer to reservations they're really saying they made a reservation and then converted it to an order. Most were converted by early 2021. What's out there now are reservations that converted to orders, orders that were made since the reservations were closed, and dealer orders. It sounds like you're one of the people that ordered directly. The only point that matters about reservations anymore is they should have resulted in the earliest orders Ford took. The biggest problem most of us have is the way Ford lied about filling the reservations/orders in something close to the order they were made. It's very clear the whole reservation approach was a marketing gimmick and they never really intended to follow through with their published policies. Good luck with your order, hopefully it's not too long a wait and/or the dealer doesn't shaft you when it does come in.
Thank you for the info/clarification. Definitely sours the brand when they donā€™t honor those people who were first to the table. When greed overcomes customer service the fallout is soon to follow.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford had roughly 180,000 reservations by Feb/March of 2021. They had roughly 120,000 "conversions" at that time. I.e. folks who converted their reservation to an order. More converted once it was clear that Ford was finally going to actually start building.

Now, what makes the timeline weird, is that of those 180,000 reservations, about 90,000 of them were in the first 72 hours.

Now, Ford didn't close the reservation system. So for several more months, to get an order you still had to place a reservation and convert. So another 40-60,000 reservations were placed between Feb and when they closed off reservations and went to a straight "walk in and order process"

Ford said they would build Orders in Reservation Order - Ford LIED
Ford said they would build all Reservations before stock orders - Ford LIED
Ford said they would build reservations before walk-in orders - Ford LIED.

After Ford finally figured out that there was no way they were going to build the 180,000 orders they had in MY21, they decided that some reservation holders were more special than others, and gave them price protection for the MY22 price increase.

If Ford is still talking about converting orders it's really confusing. Ford was supposed to cancel all outstanding unconverted reservations last year. Honestly it reads like they did not actually do that. If that is so, there could well be 40-50,000 unconverted reservations out there. Each of those involved a $100 deposit. And even though the deposits went to the dealerships, not Big Ford, the accountants have to be a bit annoyed about that 4-5 million dollar liability on the books.

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nobody over-sold their allocations. Ford changed the rules.

Dealerships essentially got 30% of their orders in allocations for 2021

My mid-size dealership got 119 allocations on roughly 420 orders.
The next larger dealership in town got about 140 on around 460 orders.
The little dealership at the edge of town got 40 out of just over 120 orders.

The big dealership with over 2000 orders got several hundred allocations.

Ford CHANGED the FORMULA mid-stream to benefit the big dealerships.
I wonder if it's time to create a class action suit against Ford Motor Company and the Dealer Association on behalf of those who have had their orders ignored for 2 years so that Ford and the Dealers could chase the mark-ups to boost their profit margins. It would be interesting to force those two to disclose their decision-making process.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if stupid question but I donā€™t have time to read entire thread - Do we have a definitive number of total Broncos built since production start last year through August 2022? I guess I should clarify that number would be for US market only.
Sponsored