Sponsored

Bronco Delayed Indefinitely for Rear Quarter Glass Recall?

grubytuesday

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I've been an order holder for >2yrs, thought the wait was over when I could tell by VIN tracking that my Heritage 2dr manual was released to carrier on Feb 27th, even though the Ford order tracker still says in production since Feb 14th (blend date was Feb 13th according to window sticker).

I drove cross-country to pick it up, as I moved homes in the 2yrs I've been waiting.

And then I waited a month, no movement, no news. I called Ford and my dealer many times, no information. After hassling the dealer enough, they reached out to their regional Ford rep. The dealer now tells me the following:

"got message back that yours is in group that is on delivery hold for rear quarter glass safety recall seperation it has not left Michigan. even if it was here I could not sell it to you until this recall is corrected.

NO Demonstration / NO delivery"

I see a recall recently for non-Heritage trims (the rear quarter glass is different for Heritage if I understand right since it's removable). I see no info for a recall affecting my car, and nothing shows up for my VIN for recalls. My dealer says Ford hasn't released info on the recall yet, and there's no ETA on the car. When pressed, he wouldn't tell me if it's an order of weeks fix or order of months fix.

What an absurd waste of my time driving cross-country and waiting away from home for a month for a car that has remained "a week away" endlessly. I thought after all the nonsense in the past two years, it was finally over since the car had been actually built. Couldn't someone just SAY that it's been recalled?

Has anyone heard about this alleged recall? Any idea how long it takes to resolve an issue like this? Do I need to get another car in the meantime because I'm going to be car-less for 6 months?
Sponsored

Mad Max

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear that.

From AutoBlog as of March 1:

Ford has issued a recall that applies to about 7,500 units of the Bronco built during the 2023 and 2024 model years. The off-roaders included in the campaign were built with hardtop quarter windows that may not have been properly installed, so they risk falling off while driving.

Assigned recall number 24V-142 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the recall applies to 7,527 units of the 2023 and 2024 Bronco built between November 6 and December 6, 2023. Ford estimates that the problem is present in about 46% of the recalled models, and it adds that the Heritage Series version is not part of the recall because its windows have a different attachment mechanism.

ColoradoBroncoFan

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘20 Mustang GT, ‘23 AMG GLE 53
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Sponsored

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ours was built in May of 23 so not part of the recall but going in on Tues. to get this same issue fixed, side glass in the hard top comming loose. Ford resisted at first because of its build date but then said that they would fix it :)

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really sorry to hear you are going through this with your bronco. Last year I was in a similar spot and waited almost 4 months for my bronco to travel the final 2 hours to my dealership after being stuck in limbo on the 10 speed transmission recall. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done at the local level. I had to start reaching out to Ford HQ in Michigan and eventually got a customer service rep assigned to my case. Even then, the rep told me multiple times during my wait that there were things holding up the delivery that she could not influence or fix. It was a mess and I understand how frustrating it can be. I'll try to find the links to the threads that helped me with contacting a customer service rep in Michigan.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
... What an absurd waste of my time driving cross-country and waiting away from home for a month for a car that has remained "a week away" endlessly.
Man that's a long time waiting out of state by a dealership, you staying in a hotel or something? I'd go home and wait it out.

I bought my Bronco out of state, tracked it online along the way and watched various delays occur, but waited until the dealership said it was for sure ready for pickup before driving out to get it.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, driving cross country and waiting for a vehicle that hasn't arrived is a complete waste of time.

Many things can cause a delay in delivery, mfg hold, recalls, damage. Stay home until the dealer tells you it's on-site, passed inspection, and ready to purchase. Even then you may want to have the dealer send you a bunch of pictures before traveling.

Sponsored
OP
OP

grubytuesday

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yea, it's a 5 day drive, and I wanted to be there the day of arrival to minimize any funny ideas they might have of selling it to someone else and claiming SNAFU. I figured once it's built, it's actually going to arrive. My mistake 🙃. Next time around, I'll just fly in when it's here...

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yea, it's a 5 day drive, and I wanted to be there the day of arrival to minimize any funny ideas they might have of selling it to someone else and claiming SNAFU. I figured once it's built, it's actually going to arrive. My mistake 🙃. Next time around, I'll just fly in when it's here...
It’s unfortunate you have a dealer where this is issue. They should be open and transparent regarding what to expect at delivery.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry you joined this group so late. Most of the members in here with an order/reservation that old have seen the nightmares associated with Ford's communication issues. Sucks...
Sponsored